Mary
St. Michael - have to have him fighting in your corner
St. Anthony - he gets busier as I get older & more forgetful
St. Jude - he & St. Anthony have to be the busiest Saints ever
St. Rita - 'cause it doesn’t hurt to have to Saints busy with my
impossible case
St. Dymphna - she’s there to help with those moments when a
mother can just flip & go insane

St. Cecilia…I love music and her story is neat!!

[quote=AServantofGod]Who is your favorite Saint & why?

I have several
Mary
St. Michael - have to have him fighting in your corner
St. Anthony - he gets busier as I get older & more forgetful
St. Jude - he & St. Anthony have to be the busiest Saints ever
St. Rita - 'cause it doesn’t hurt to have to Saints busy with my
impossible case
St. Dymphna - she’s there to help with those moments when a
mother can just flip & go insane
[/quote]

If i can exclude the Mother of God, then it has to be Peter… because he strikes me as most real life… fell 3 or more times, but picked him self up and still became the Rock on which Christ built his church… plus, he is my confirmation saint… :thumbsup:

Mary is my patron Saint, I have a deep devotion to her and the Rosary. But last November I was blessed enough to go on a pilgrimage to Italy and I totally fell in love with Saint Francis of Assisi.

St. Monica

Like her, I also have a hard-headed son who dances to his own drum.

Dear friend

In this order…

Mary Our Blessed Mother
St Peter
St John
St Luke
St Paul
St Elizabeth
St John the Baptist
St Veronica
St Padre Pio
St Patrick
St Francis
St Teresa of Avila
St Theresa of Liseux
St Anthony
St Michael the Archangel
St Faustina
Mother Teresa
St Jude

Pope John Paul who I am sure will be beatified…

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Mine would have to be St. Joseph of Caputina…yeah the guy literally flew and he was a mystic.

He’s more spirit filled then most Evangelion churches…heh

To me it was St. Nicholis. There was always a joy in my heart when I gave to others. St. Nicholis had that heart. The blessing for me was the opportunity to share with those who had less. Thank you Jesus. :thumbsup: St. Anthony was a dear friend who always helped me to find things that were lost. P/s He is still at work today in my life. Im sorry if I sound catholic but Im speaking from my heart. :wink:

St Therese (Little Therese) is the saint that I was named after. She has been an infuence on my life over the years. Although "Moma Mary (as my children refer to her) will always be the one I turn to most often!

My favorite gives me my Confirmation name, it is

St. Ignaius of Loyola (Priest, Educator, Mystic, Founder of the Society of Jesus - The Jesuits and a friend all.)

Therese`, The Little Flower is my most favorite…
She has worked wonders in my live and that of my loved ones.

St. Thomas More because of his principled stand and because when offered the pretty older daughter of his friend to marry, he felt pity on the more homely sister and married her.

Edmund Campion for his brag and his ability to just tell it like it is and not worry about the consequences.

St. Rose of Lima for loving Christ so much, she hated the distraction of her own physical beauty.

St. Bartholomew - because he was flat out honest about his opinions. “What good could come out of Nazareth?”

St. Augustine - a great saint for the guys in today’s world.

St. Thomas More - he was a husband, father, and had a tyrant for a boss

St. Catherine of Sienna - yet another flat out honest saint who called it as she saw it.

St. Pius X and St. Thomas Aquinas - patron saints of my grade school and high school.

luc.edu/jesuit/ignatius.bio.html

St. Augustine. Many aspects of my life resemble his (although I’d be the last person to equate myself with such an intellect). His conversion story was an inspiration to me during my reversion story. Like his, my secular heart was restless until it rested in the Lord.

St. Michael the Archangel
St. Therese of Lisieux "the little flower"
St. Anthony

Could someone shed some light on St. Jude for me?

Ahh, St. Jude…the other apostle named Judas (we don’t call him Judas for obvious reasons), also known as Thaddeus. He is also the author of the Epistle of Jude in the New Testament, and identified as the brother of James the Less (apostle, Bishop of Jerusalem, and epistle author too), and cousin of our Lord. St. Jude preached in the East and was martyred in Persia. You may know him better as the patron saint of impossibe/lost causes. A nice biography of him can be found here.

Thank you!!

Oh man… I can go on and on…

Mary-well I can’t describe my love for her in words.

Peter-He is the rock… The scene in the “Passion of the Christ” when he is denying Jesus probably was one that moved me the most… It made me think of the times I might have denied Jesus in my actions or lack of words. He was forgiven… What power and love our Lord has.

St. Thomas More- A man of values and integrity… He didn’t let anything get in the way of that.

The Carmelite Nuns of Compiegne- Their story haunts me… The fact that the kept singing “Salve Regina” while beinging led up to the guillotine, one less voice being heard as one more Nun was killed…

St Maria Goretti- with the work I do, she makes sense in my life… I kind of stumbled upon her and her story, or, the way I like to think of it, she found me. What a wonderful girl.

St Anthony- I am blessed to share my birthday with his feast day.

St Benedict- actually both, they show up in my life over and over…

And

St. Mary Magdalen- she had quite a history but was such a devoted follower…

oh man two more…

St. Monica- I pray to her a lot to lead my husband back to the church… and

St. Helen

Saint Michael the Archangel - my confirmation saint

Edmund Campion - I braver man I do not know of

JPII who is to me a living Saint

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.