Who is your Patron Saint?

Hi if anyone would like to say… who is your patron saint and how have you seen their prayers help you?

If you have multiple you could say that too…

Thank you much!

1 Like

Saint Augustine. I was brought to the Faith thanks to his writings and received his name in my baptism

2 Likes

I was born on the feast day of St. Paschal.

My husband chose the name Paschal for his confirmation name (YEARS before we ever met.)

As far as patrons go, I’ve always been partial to St. Anthony of Padua (who is also patron of barren women and when we did a novena and pilgrimage to have a baby that culminated on his feast day, I promised to give my child the name Anthony. Our son was born to his birth mother almost exactly nine months later.) I recently also chose Pope St. John Paul II as a patron.

3 Likes

Saint Faustina, I hold her very dear.
She was/is responsible of me going deeper into Catholic faith and — most of all — she ‘presented’ to me the concept of really trusting Jesus with her message “Jesus, I trust in you”. Highly recommend her Diary. St. Faustina, pray for us!

(I also have a long list of many many other saints I love deeply :wink:)

1 Like

St. Genesius! The actor!

I was deep into my theatre arts in high school when I got confirmed. And I’ve acted professionally.

Although if anything he probably was the voice that always had me weirded out by the acting schools methods and priorities.

2 Likes

I have many favorite Saints, but St. Clare is my patron. My Anglican parents named me after her. It is because of the prayers of St. Clare that I am now on my way to becoming Catholic. I also love St. Therese, St. Monica, St. Dymphna, Pope John Paul II, St. Maximilian Kolbe, and St. Thomas More.

1 Like

Saint Ignatius of Loyola! He came to my life when I was struggling quite a lot with scrupulosity and intrusive thoughts and has “adopted” me, as I like to say. He helps me a lot whenever I am too paranoid, and constantly brings me closer to Our Lord.

I consider Saint Faustina Kowalska my Patron Saint as well! I’ve been pretty close to her too, and she has also been bringing me closer to the Divine Mercy of Our Lord.

I like to call them both my “Godfather” and “Godmother” from Heaven. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saint Cecilia is my patron saint. I am a musician as well as a lover of church music.

2 Likes

st Michael.

I always felt kinda amiss he is so associated military or police force and I am disabled but he is also patron of the sick and of artists. I am an amateur illustrator and I believe I saw him once or twice. I had a scary experience once and it’s like the spirit invoked him for me because I couldn’t control what I was saying and the scary things went away. I am struggling with my faith currently but I still have a devotion to him and Mary of course I feel very close to Mary.

1 Like

Saint Anthony was my confirmation saint, and my mother + grandmother always had (and have) a particular admiration for him so… yeah. Also shout out to Saints Padre Pio and Gemma Galgani - they’ve helped me through a lot of migraines!!

1 Like

I love how Saint Anthony said “The spirit of humility is sweeter than honey, and those who nourish themselves with this honey produce sweet fruit.”

I love how Saint Padre Pio said “Pray, Hope, and don’t worry worry is useless God is merciful and will hear your prayer.”

I love how Gemma Galgina said “There is a school in Heaven, and there one has only to learn how to love. The school is in the Cenacle; the Teacher is Jesus; the matter taught is His Flesh and His Blood”

Jesus loves us so much…

May God bless you and may the will of God the Father of Jesus Christ be done with you forever.

1 Like

I love church music so much… I just read about Saint Cecilia I like how it says of her “She sang in her heart to the Lord” Jesus is so faithful praise Jesus Christ our lord!

May God bless you… May the will of our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father be done with you forever friend :slight_smile:

I love how Ignatius said “God freely created us so that we might know, love, and serve him in this life and be happy with him forever."

I like how Faustyna Kowalska said “Love endures everything, love is stronger than death, love fears nothing."

Jesus loves you so much and that will never change.

May God the Father bless you and may the will of God be done with your life forever in the name of Christ Jesus friend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

St. Genevieve, patron of Parish, disasters, fevers.

1 Like

I love how Saint Clare said “Don’t be afraid trust in Jesus”

It is really nice how Saint Therese said “For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.”

I love how how Saint Monica said “Nothing is far from God”

The purity of Saint Dmpyhna from what I just read is amazing!

I love how Pope John Paul 2 said “The future starts today not tomorrow”

I love how Saint Maximilian Kolbe said “No one can change Truth”

I love how Saint Thomas More said ““What part soever you take upon you, play that as well as you can and make the best of it.”

Jesus Christ loves you so much! Let us behold His Glory and Beauty forever!

May the will of God be done with you forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how Saint Genevieve said “If we open our hearts to give love we are immediately transported into the joy and blessings of love”

Jesus loves you so much! Lord Jesus I ask your will be done with blackforest forever! :slight_smile:

I love how Saint Genesius said "I came here today to please an earthly Emperor but what I have done is to please a heavenly King. I came here to give you laughter, but what I have done is to give joy to God and his angels. From this moment on, believe me, I will never mock these great mysteries again. I now know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the true God, the Light, the Truth and the Mercy of all who have received his gift of baptism. O great Emperor, believe in these mysteries! I will teach you, and you will know the Lord Jesus Christ is the true God.”

Jesus loves you so much.
Lord Jesus may your will be done with thrstypirtate.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how Saint Faustina said in her diary “Pure love is capable of great deeds, and it is not broken by difficulty or adversity. As it remains strong in the midst of great difficulties, so too it perseveres in the toilsome and drab life of each day. It”

Jesus loves you so much.
Lord Jesus may your will be done with Erundil :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how saint Paschal said “O Father Eternal God, Grant me faith and courage;”

I love how saint Anthony said “The life of the body is the soul; the life of the soul is God.”

I love how Pope John Paul 2 said “Become who you are.”

Jesus loves you so much.
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
God may your will be done with blue rose.

My Patron Saints:

• St. Margaret the Martyr aka St. Marina,
  • St. Margaret of Cortona,
  • St. Margaret of Scotland
  • St. Margaret of York
  • St. Ann, mother of Our Lady & St. Joachim (can’t forget him!)
  • St. Anthony of Padua - he’s helped me too many times so I definitely can’t forget him!)
  • St. Aquilina
  • Sts. Basil and Benedict
  • St. Cecilia (@pulchraesamicamea, I sing in church)
  • St. Joseph

and all the Saints who have ever helped me, especially my Guardian Angel - THANK YOU!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.