Who loves anime here?

No dude, don’t go there.

I have too much respect and love for the female gender to put that kind of image in my head.

Heh heh, me too, I was just kidding. Women are awesome:) and with all respect to them, well…

http://foreverotaku.com/gallery/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Tsundere.jpg

I forgot how great Clannad was.

Not very good with anime and manga. Currently watching Bakuman which is OK. Ever since I’ve read Berserk, I haven’t been the same. It really is one of the greatest and most inspiring things I have ever read. And there I was planning not to read it because it was too depressing. I’m still reading Kenichi and Hayate and God and Mary know how tiring it is waiting for a new chapter every week.

Tsunderes? How about derederes? :slight_smile:

True story. When he was still dating girls, my dad used to work as a waiter and he does have some funny stories of his antics. One of them is that he used to be a bit of a flirt and to attract girls, he would act as a tsundere. So when a girl came to the restaurant he at first would act cooly as if he wanted to get it over with (but not mean spirited coldly) but would act much sweeter when he got their orders and stuff. Thing is, he told me it worked!

In all honesty I have a soft spot for all types women. This however is hilarious:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/20/tsundere.jpg

I know how that feels seeing as I’m attracted to a tsundere. It’s weird because I’m a deredere. :o

Say Cres not meaning to sound rude or anything but, are you a guy or a lady?

I’m a spoony dude. :slight_smile:

Oh, ok.

Say, what happened to Tenofovir? I haven’t seen him on these forums for a long time.

I’ll take the tsunderes, kuuderes, and derederes. You can have the yanderes.

Or at the very least, leave me the kuuderes. I like them…usually.

FINALLY!!! Berserk chapter 333 got released although I’m still waiting for it to come out in english. However, I couldn’t resist skimming through it in the original japanese and so far, it looks good. There looks like’there going to be a new development for Rickert although what he’s planning to do I don’t know.

Guys, can you tell me what you think of Berserk? Personally, i think the manga is one of the greatest things I have ever read in my entire life. It has everything a great story should have: great characters, a great and unique setting, interesting dynamics and it’s narrative is very, very good. Excessive comedy aside, it deserve to be called one of the greatest manga ever. And is it me or does Kentaro Miura’s art look a lot like that of Albrecht Durer?

http://www.alchemylab.com/images/Durer.gif

Albrecht Durer.

http://lovesexandthermonuclearwar.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/vision-of-the-empyrean.jpg

Gustav Dore.

And Kentaro Miura:

i53.tinypic.com/2s7v2mf.jpg

leelaughead.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/berserk_cockatrice.jpg

http://images0.hiboox.com/images/4808/992fe90d0679c0a959df0ae5924065a5.jpg

Tell me that artwork isn’t gorgeous or amazing! Every page is like this!

Most of the time…

It may be the most violent manga of all time but the violence isn’t pointless and the story itself is very deep, philosophical and emotional. Love it, one of ym mosy favorite manga ever.

I’ll be taking the tsundere. :

I have no idea.

Say Cres, what do you think of the artwork of Berserk? Nobody responded and I’m curious. Never mind how violent it is, I chose that picture because it perfectly shows how alive Kentaro Miura’s art is.

It is simply breathtaking. :slight_smile:

epic ripoff :rotfl:

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/14/Naruto_Cowboy_Bebop_-_Comparison.gif

Oh my gosh, I can’t beleive Cowboy Bebop ripped off Naruto!

You mean the other way around?.Odd that they can get away with that.From what I’ve heard Spike’s style is Aikido and Jeet Kune Do while Neiji’s is Bagua based.I mean that whole clip,Neiji’s striking in an (afaik) a very un-Bagua like way.Alrighty,I’m going to* try *to make this my last posting before school starts and not be around here for a while.

I finished “Madoka magica” and it was good.The trippy visuals during the witch a/ familiar fighting scenes is something I’ve seen akin to Dave McKean’s art esp.with the stuff he did in his days on collabo with Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman.Making the witches look give a vibe of bizzare extra-dimensional beings with the disturbing laughs is scarier then the usual dark magic using humans we see.Could you IMAGINE if the witch from the “Blair witch project” actually had appeared and looked like one of those things:eek: ?!?!.

Thanks for having said that long ago in a posting where I asked about looking up IRL magic systems LW.That makes me feel slightly better in putting a huge flippin distance between those witches and anything that has ever beared that title IRL.shivers

Maybe it’s b/c I’ve got little experience with magical girl stuff but while I do see how it’s a deconstruction unlike how some of you guys have reacted I don’t see what the big fuss is about.I mean I don’t get it :shrug:.If “magical girl” shows are under the “shojo” umberella is the kicker here that ppl aren’t used to seeing a “magical girl” done with such violence and consequences b/c those sort of shojo’s are on the lower age group tier?.Unlike say the “conceptual range” of various shonen?.

The reasons for the stuff going down is explained in episode 10 where you see how Homura got the way she is.Also Kyubuy’s motives (while being flippin manipulative) aren’t as creepy and over the top as like SEELE’s was in Eva I feel.Though it darn well could’ve been shown that way b/c not only do you have alien intervention in human stuff since ancient times but also they work in a “jerk genie” sorta way.Dang was I peeved though by how long it took them to ask Kyubuy just what the heck is it -_-.

He an interesting line (in the subbed version) of something like “humans produce more emotional energy then they use throughout there lives” [apparently loop holing the entropy thing].Makes me feel like chuckling.The whole schtick with magic keeping things in balance with something entropy sounding (“proportionalism”?) is a schtick I saw done more extensively in FMA.The show really felt like it could’ve gone on for a regular 24 then a dozen episodes if it felt like it though.I liked that clever “using an ancient magic that I dreamed of in my childhood” line from the outro song in the later episodes

There’s a nice sorta different msg about friendship imo in the twist I liked as it didn’t act on the fantastical stuff but took a simple concept (like friendship) from real life.The twist I liked was how it was Homura’s (an originally shy girl) concern for her only friend not dying that made her keep going back in time so Madoka wouldn’t die but not only was the outcome continually the same but ironically Madoka’s death had graver consequences (.i.e. her becoming a powerful planet destroying witch).I LOVE how Madoka made such an articulate wish instead wishing for a cliche like those magic girl powers and doing a normal battle.

I swear I’ve seen something like that in like a movie or another show but can’t get it off the tip of my tongue _.I mean there was that 2k2 “The time machine” movie but you just saw how that scientist failingly tried to time travel back to prevent his gf’s death.The predetermination thing is there but that component of becoming more dangerous on each travel back maybe with the predetermination thing is something I’ve seen somewhere else.

Come to think of if Kyubay’s so powerful why couldn’t he have used his own power to vanquish the last witch himself,eh:ehh:?.Is it b/c only human wishes can tap into doing that?.Was it so overwhelming that it couldn’t be destroyed by a being who (from what I’ve conjuncted here) has all or at least significant access to the universe’s physical energy (seeing as how they’ve have to move on to working with emotional energy?).To add,if Kyubay had been interested in finding a way out of the whole “emotional energy for entropy” thing would he have done it or is he to much of a Vulcan-esque thinker to have ever done so?.

:smiley: Meh,the above questions aren’t that important to me what with the cool ending!.The powers Madoka has are like if someone decided to solve this problem by put the powers of Dr.Strange when he was still “Sorceror supreme”+Franklin Richards (son of Mr.Fantastic,Omega level mutant,reality warper and can make universes)+ deitiess looks put it all in a blender and the blender went *sooo fast *it became an invisible cosmic conceptual blender :p.The intro song is that much better after getting to the ending;).

I was just kidding witht the ripping off part as I know that Bebop came before Naruto. However, How on earth did you know all that m,artial arts stuff?! That was awesome! You can reply whenever you want sidetrack of course. Always focus on your studies and not some dumb ol’ anime thread (not that I don’t enjoy posting here; in fact I love posting here!)

Thanks for having said that long ago in a posting where I asked about looking up IRL magic systems LW.That makes me feel slightly better in putting a huge flippin distance between those witches and anything that has ever beared that title IRL.shivers

:smiley: Meh,the above questions aren’t that important to me what with the cool ending!.The powers Madoka has are like if someone decided to solve this problem by put the powers of Dr.Strange when he was still “Sorceror supreme”+Franklin Richards (son of Mr.Fantastic,Omega level mutant,reality warper and can make universes)+ deitiess looks put it all in a blender and the blender went *sooo fast *it became an invisible cosmic conceptual blender :p.The intro song is that much better after getting to the ending;).

Yeah, Madoka Magica is one of the greatest anime I have ever seen, number 10th most favorite one. The ending is easily the greatest thing about it and I’m interested in whats going to happen in the third movie. Also, Studio Shaft, screw you. Why would you make all that indecent ‘official’ art that shows the girls doing such indecent acts? What do you take your fans for. Geez. The fact that so many people fantasizing about the non-existent lesbian relation in the show aside, someone complained that the characters aren’t developed enough, that we only know their motivations etc… I sorta agree with him but a show like Madoka didn’t HAVE to have characters as deep as Guts or Kenshin to be good as it was more concerned with it’s story. Overall, I give Madoka an 8.5 out of 10.

I’ve been watching some pretty good anime lately. Magi, Blast of Tempest, and My Little Monster are really good, but K was probably my favorite anime of 2012. It had a gripping plot and characters that you could really care about. The writers definitely took the “show, don’t tell” idea to heart. I’m glad there will be a second season because the ending was so bittersweet and there are so many questions that haven’t been answered, though.

I’ve also been thinking about the ending of Death Note. One of the eyecatches in the last episode says that in the Death Note universe, everyone goes to nothingness when they die, and the manga version apparently made that even more explicit about it. I’m not sure what to think of that. Does a twist like that make a whole story blasphemous or something?

Finally, for some reason, trying to watch anime on Netflix is really difficult for me because the video and the audio keep going way out of sync. Has anybody else had this problem?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.