Who may not receive ashes?

I plan on attending the Ash Wednesday services today and I'm unsure if I'll be able to receive the ashes? Non-baptized attending RCIA with the full intention of becoming baptized and being received into the Church in early April (when our normal time to have it done at our parish has arrived.

Am I able to receive ashes, or should I just hang back?

Thanks in advance!

Im no expert but according to this thread, anyone can receive.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=754041

Anyone can recieve the ash, it is not a sacrament, but a sacramental

If the Rite of Election is celebrated on Ash Wednesday, the Catechumens may be anointed with oil, instead. (this happened once at my parish)

We were told at our RCIA class last night to receive the ashes, both baptized and non baptized. It's a available for everyone, Including protestants.

What is this "receiving the ashes"?

[quote="Ismaila, post:6, topic:314867"]
What is this "receiving the ashes"?

[/quote]

"Receiving the ashes" means receiving the ashes upon our foreheads on Ash Wednesday, symbolizing our being created of ash (dust), and that we will return to ash (dust). Here's a picture.

My RCIA class recieved the ashes today as a group with our sponsors. Was very nice.

[quote="Canuck000, post:5, topic:314867"]
We were told at our RCIA class last night to receive the ashes, both baptized and non baptized. It's a available for everyone, Including protestants.:shrug: so sad is that you add including protestants as though they are something you wouldn't wish for. Protestants are Christian you know. so sad:(

[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.