Who really is the Holy Spirit?

In the Nicene creed it says… " I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets."
If the Holy Spirit is the “giver of life” and as a Nation we keep destroying life through the intentional killing of children by abortion as well as all the violent killings in the US by mass shootings, wouldn’t this be considered a sin against the Holy Spirit, and if this is so…Then our Nation is in deep darkness and will no longer be blessed by God…We will see more catastrophic events unfold if we do not change our ways, especially when we claim to be a Godly Nation …plus are dedicated to the Immaculate Conception as a Church…Conceived without sin (Blessed Mother) and lately all we do, as a people, is promote sin in the name of our so called RIGHTS…

To the question in the topic, the Holy Spirit is the Love of God. As to the rest, I agree with you, but we must work to turn our nation around and trust in God’s mercy.

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes, if only we could all just love God and our neighbor and those who are not believers might truly say – See how they love one another.

2 Likes

This should always be stated in the first person singular (if I could only love God, etc.) because everything always starts with the individual. When I show my love to neighbor, the unbeliever will see.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.