Who should I talk to?

I don’t know to who I should talk to, a Counselor, or the Priest?

I’ve been having some emotional/mental/spiritual issues, about a lot of things, one of which is whether or not I might have scrupulosity (to a mild-moderate degree, that is).

Anyway I wasn’t sure who I should talk to. I’ve already talked to the Priest twice since last Christmas, the second time was about a month ago. But I felt rushed for multiple reasons. But then, there’s almost like this voice in my head that’s saying, “Well, that’s just how it was supposed to go. You asked for a final decision, and there it is. There’s no point in revisiting it.”

I’m confused, and trying to put my worries behind me, but I don’t know how to go about finding answers. Each time I pray at night, before I go to bed, I bring my concerns to God. I’ve been trying to learn more about Catholicism as a result of my problems, and been trying to be a better Catholic than I have been in the past.

I feel nervous about calling the Church Office, and setting up an appointment. I currently live at home, and I know my mom has probably been wondering why I’ve been acting differently recently. But she hasn’t asked, and I’m glad. This is something I don’t want to talk to her about, but I do discuss it with my twin sister.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

You need to speak to the Priest. He will be able to give you the correct guidance & direction. I’ll be praying to the Holy Spirit to give yoy strength & fortitude in your time of need.

Thank you for your advice and prayers! Let me know if I can do anything for you in the future. :slight_smile:

Prayer is good, but you need a more active approach.

You may need to seek both a priest and a counselor. A priest can help you mete out your spiritual issues (those with a scrupulous conscience need a spiritual director, period) and a mental health professional may help you manage your anxious condition.

Keep all of us in your prayers. :tiphat:

I became a little like you, and managed through talking out loud to Our Father in heaven! Was hard to do at first, however I found solitude at our church where I live (New Zealand) and I finally was able to convince the Parish Priest that I was genuine! First of all He opened the church for me early in the morning, and then finally gave me the key. Just being able to say to God how I was feeling, or seeing things, started me on the path of truth, and better knowledge of God.
I needed to be accepted as a person, ME! I needed to love and be loved as a whole person. This is what true Love does. I was accepted simply for what I am. It gave me worth, and it is still making my life!
I go to the same church every day to talk with God/Jesus, and He never says much, but He is the best listener I have , and the new Priest is my friend too! I feel now that being grateful to God for who I am, I needed to be thankful for my parents, and , they helped me become the person I am today. God is blessing you already!:thumbsup:

You come across to me as one who needs to FEEL peace,
Jesus CAME to bring peace, He said “Peace I leave with you,
My peace I give you, NOT peace as THE WORLD gives do I
give to you” John 14, To be at peace with yourself, you’ll need
a clear conscience, by the sacrament of confession, and living
a righteous and holy life, a kingdom life Rom 14:17 to be at
peace with your neighbor, you need forgiveness, and love, to
be at peace with God, you’ll need faith and trust in His leading,
that just about covers ALL the bases!

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.