Who were Malchedians ?

Hello everyone,
would anybody be able to explain to me, who were Malchedians, what their beliefs and activities have been ? I found only one mention of them on Internet . Any information has quite a significance for me. Thanks.

I’ve never heard this term before.

In what context did you first hear it?

I can’t find anything on them. Where on the Internet did you see this? Do you have a link? I have never heard of them, but I am curious now. And what significance does information about them have for you?

:angel1:

Thanks for answering, Cluny. I saw for the first time information about Malchedians in this Forum - by Gabriel of 12 Thread Nr.456 on March 24-th, 2008 2:33 pm:

Sounds like you are on the right path to Truth. You will find many enemies of the early Catholic church after the apostles such as Arianism, Nestorianism, Monophysites, Malchedians, Monastacism and others, but I have never found any dispute of the Holy Eucharist until the 15th century during the reformation, until then the Eucharist was uncontested belief for 1500 years since Jesus Christ instituted it at the last supper.

To wolfgang:

Significance : I received information about Malchedians in my meditation. They allegedly had influence on my spiritual development, but I do not know weather good or bad one. That is why I want to know. So far one Catholic priest told me, that they might be followers of Malchus - Kaifas’es clerk,whom Peter cut off the ear, when they came arrest Jesus in Getshemans Garden. They allegedly also could be Jews without the home and any affiliation. That is questionable information I was able to get so far.But how can I know that this is correct?

Monasticism has never been a movement against the Catholic Church.

Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

:angel1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.