Who would be a good person to pray a novena to for a good and happy relationship?

Hi everyone. Who would be a saint to pray a novena to for a good and happy relationship? I was thinking St. Valentine? But I don’t know where to find such a novena at. If you have any ideas, please post them but also post a link for the novena. :thumbsup:

Both EWTN and Catholic Doors have nice Novenas to lots of Saints. I would suggest St. Rita of Cascia, one of the Saints of the Impossible.

Archangel Raphael is the angel of happy marriages, of lovers and of love :slight_smile:

Hi Holly… Here is a prayer to St. Raphael that I have been praying to find love…

Prayer to St. Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings

O Raphael, lead us towards those we are waiting for, those who are waiting for us! Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings, lead us by the hand towards those we are looking for! May all our movements, all their movements, be guided by your Light and transfigured by your Joy.

Angel Guide of Tobias, lay the request we now address to you at the feet of Him on whose unveiled Face you are privileged to gaze. Lonely and tired, crushed by the separations and sorrows of earth, we feel the need of calling to you and of pleading for the protection of your wings, so that we may not be as strangers in the Province of Joy, all ignorant of the concerns of our country.

Remember the weak, you who are strong - you whose home lies beyond the region of thunder, in a land that is always peaceful, always serene, and bright with the resplendent glory of God.

Amen.

I also pray regularly for intercession from my favorite saint, St. Anthony, who is very helpful when needing a miracle or finding what is lost. His novena can be found here. And today I found the below prayers, which you may find interesting!

(To Saint Anthony, the saint of miracles)
When I’m depressed, in despair, and feel like life can’t get any worse,
Help me find hope.
When I feel alone and forsaken by everyone I know,
Help me find love.
When I can’t see God anywhere in my life or the world,
Help me find faith.
When I’m afraid of what the future holds,
Help me find trust.
When I am weak,
Help me find courage.
When I am sick,
Help me find the balm of healing.
When I am overcome by grief,
Help me find comfort.
When I am angry,
Help me to find a way to let go.
When I’m in trouble and I don’t know what to do,
Help me find God.
This we ask of you, through our Lord, Jesus Christ, who reigns forever
and ever.
Amen.

NOVENA PRAYER TO ST RAPHAEL

O Glorious St. Raphael, Patron and Lover of the Young, I call upon thee and plead with thee for thy help.In all confidence I open my heart to thee, to beg thy guidance and assistance in the important task of planning my future. Obtain for me through thy intercession the light of God’s grace, so that I may decide wisely concerning the person who is to be my partner through life. O Angel of Happy Meetings, lead us by the hand to find each other. May all our movements be guided by thy light and transfigured by thy joy. As thou didst lead the young Tobias to Sara and opened up for him a new life of happiness with her in holy marriage, lead me to such a one whom in thine angelic wisdom thou dost judge best suited to be united with me in marriage.
St. Raphael, loving Patron of those seeking a marriage partner, help me in this supreme decision of my life. Find for me as a helpmate in life that person whose character will reflect the traits of Jesus and Mary. May he (she) be upright, loyal, pure, sincere and noble, so that with united efforts and with chaste and unselfish love, we both may strive to perfect ourselves in soul and body, as well as the children it may please God to entrust to our care.
St. Raphael, Angel of chaste courtship, bless our friendship and our love, that sin may have no part in it. May our mutual love bind us so closely that our future home may ever be most like the home of the Holy Family of Nazareth. Offer thy prayers to God for both of us and obtain the blessing of God upon our marriage, as thou wert the herald of blessing for the marriage of Tobias and Sara.
St. Raphael, Friend of the Young, be thou my friend, for I shall always be thine. I desire ever to invoke thee in my needs. To thy special care I entrust the decision I am to make as to my future wife (husband). Direct me to the person with whom I can best cooperate in doing God’s Holy Will, with whom I can live in peace, love, and harmony in this life and attain to eternal joy in the next. Amen.

In honor of St. Raphael recite one Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.

Hoping this helps,
Many Blessings,
M :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t believe that a good and happy relationship is impossible so I’ll probably choose a different saint but thanks for your suggestion anyway. :wink:

Ah ok. I may very well chose a novena to Archangel Raphael. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, ok. Thanks! I may well choose a novena to Archangel Raphael. Do you know of a good saint for those who are seeking love or would that be Archangel Raphael as well? :shrug::confused:

Yeah Raphael as well. Tobias wanted a wife and Raphael organised the marriage for him. Raphael is such a pimp! :smiley: Love you Raphy

That is so weird! Raphael is my Archangel and Confirmation saint but recently I have received the calling to the Franciscan Priesthood as a Preacher and St. Anthony was all of that and is my second name and I am planning on choosing his name in religion to honour my middle name and his name and you put Raphael and Anthony in your post YAY!:slight_smile:

Well, I wouldn’t call Raphael a “pimp” but that’s just me. :wink: Remember, a pimp is:

pimp (phttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifmp)n. One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.

So yeah, I hardly think that Raphael is a pimp. :wink:

But anyway, thanks for the information!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.