Who Would Like to Make a Petition to St. Gregory the Great and St. Augustine for Anglicanism?

As an Anglican, one of the things that fascinates me about the Anglican Communion is our amazing and long history. The first Archbishop of Canterbury, St. Augustine of Canterbury, was consecrated by Pope St. Gregory the Great.

For awhile now, I have been ruminating over the idea of asking Saints for intercession (I made a general thread about this a long time ago) and it came to a head when I was, by special permission of the Priest at a local Roman Catholic Church/Student Center, to receive Communion at the Mass even though I am Anglican (see I am Going to My First Roman Catholic Mass Tomorrow) and I prayed in the Penitential rite asking the Virgin Mary and other Saints and the Angels to pray for me. In a way, I suppose I now accept the validity of asking Saints for intercession. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone with skill at composing such ‘prayers’ would be willing to make one to St. Augustine of Canterbury and St. Gregory the Great in regards to the Anglican Communion which they indirectly founded, specifically asking for strength, unity and proper doctrine in the Anglican Communion.

Thanks.

Information on St. Augustine of Canterbury
Information on Pope St. Gregory the Great

Hello nsper,

I am pleased to see that you have/are going to attend a Catholic Mass. I hope it goes well for you. Unfortunatley, I am not a great prayer composer but I will pray for you and the Anglican Communion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.