Whoopsie...

This is a silly question. I thought yesterday was today, and last night I prayed the sorrowful mysteries instead of the joyful mysteries. If you had been such a goof, would you pray the sorrowful mysteries again today, or would you pray the joyful for having skipped them yesterday? I also have a scriptual rosary booklet from my church that has the public mysteries which I’ve only ever prayed at church on Tuesday, so that’s another option.

Yes it is, but a nice silly. :slight_smile:

In any case, it doesn’t matter one little bit–do whatever brings you closer to God. There is no “this set of mysteries belongs to this day” rule. (Just so someone doesn’t feel the need to correct me, yes, there is a small-t tradition on the matter, but it’s not a rule).

Pray whatever mysteries the Spirit moves you to pray…:slight_smile:

I’ve made this mistake more times than I’d like to admit! :o

i dont think Mother Mary would care… :slight_smile:
i have not been able to contemplate on the mysteries yet… due to some personal trauma i am going through but just saying the rosary is such a big comfort!!!

Be careful with that…
Without contemplation, the Rosary is a body without a soul, and its recitation runs the risk of becoming a mechanical repetition of formulas, in violation of the admonition of Christ: ‘In praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think they will be heard for their many words’ (Mt 6:7).
[RIGHT]Pope Paul VI, Marialis Cultus
Quoted by Pope John-Paul II, Rosarium Virginis Mariae

[/RIGHT]

That’s true, and sometimes it happens even when you do contemplate the mysteries. So today I prayed the public mysteries from the scriptural rosary booklet I have from church. I beleive now it’s possible the Holy Spirit led me to make the faux pas I did last night so that I would pray differently today. I feel as if the devotion has been revived in a sense for me.

Mariam, I highly recommend you get a scriptural rosary booklet, it’s a lovely way to stay focused on the prayers and mysteries together, and you will totally be taken away from whatever personal traumas you may be dealing with right now. If you like, I can send you a scanned copy of mine, just PM me with your e-mail address. I’d love to do it for you if you’d be interested.

This looks like a really good site for praying a scriptural rosary The Scriptural Rosary

This site also has some wonderful meditations that go along with the mysteries.

familyrosary.org/main/rosary-daily.php

It’s not worth breaking a sweat over.

Just resume with the mysteries of the day.

Sometimes there is a special “blessing” … or a special opportunity.

For a time, I would find myself at sunset at a church with a stained glass window that extended all across the full width of the church … and set in the glass were bronze cutouts of the Stations of the Cross… life size. And, at that supper hour, there was no one around except me. So I would walk along the Stations of the Cross and say the Sorrowful Mysteries. And I could actually touch the Stations as the setting sun poured through the stained glass …

Say a prayer of thanksgiving for any and all special events.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.