Who's going to a Eucharistic Procession on the feast of Corpus Christi?

Seems that each year, around the world, there are more Eucharistic Processions being held on the Feast of Corpus Christi.

In Sydney last year, about 5,000 people walked in the Procession through the city streets - even though it was pouring, and the same is planned for this year on 26 June. Can’t wait!

Anyone else planning to attend a Procession on the Feast of Corpus Christi?

:slight_smile:
facebook.com/WalkWithChristSydney

I’m thinking about attending one on next Thursday. I have never done an outdoor Catholic procession, so I am a bit nervous. It would be my first time publicly identifying as a Catholic.

Also, if they are going to sing songs while processing, I probably won’t know them.

I also know some ladies will wear mantillas. Should I wear a mantilla?

Don’t know why I’m nervous about it.

We go to a TLM Mass, and we’re going to celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi with an outdoor procession. The priest has asked the little girls to dress in white and to throw white petals of flowers. Also, it is this particular priest’s name day, which he celebrates rather than his birthday, so will be a reception for him. He is Polish so I think that it is a custom in his country.

As far as I know, no other parish in our diocese is planning to have one. Sad.

I’m going to a procession (I think… kinda hard to tell from the flyer) on the 23rd, and then hoping to make another procession on the 26th at a nearby parish. That’s also our “new parishoner welcome reception,” though. There are so many parishes here it’s really hard to keep track of what is happening where!

I am at my parish on June 26. It’s always so beautiful. I have to serve for it again this year, and last year I served, and while I was kneeling on the sanctuary floor as the Blessed Sacrament was being exposed, I felt such sorrow but great joy encompass me. The Lord is truly present in the Blessed Sacrament! What a sweet gift!

Hi TrueLight,

Don’t be nervous. I didn’t think it was my thing and just went one year. I didn’t know all the songs, but the ones I knew - like Ave Maria, just made it so beautiful. And just being amongst so many Catholics was fantastic. There was a real feeling of strength and peace.

We walk through the streets of Sydney CBD, which are closed off for the Procession, but there are always tourists standing watching. It actually makes you feel proud to be a Catholic. One year there was a guy on a box yelling that we should all repent, but we drowned him out with the singing! And he was a bit outnumbered, 5000:1 (!). He soon left…

We might be a bit more casual in Sydney, there weren’t many wearing mantillas. Here’s a short 30sec clip of what it’s like in Sydney:
youtube.com/watch?v=aZjxH6l_wP8

I’m going to try :slight_smile:

You’ll be fine. There may be a program with the words of the hymns (proper term, as opposed to songs), to assist. If you would personally like to wear a mantilla, then by all means do so. I think that would be great. If you do not wish to wear one, that’s OK, too.

Believe me, you will be even more on fire about the Catholic faith after this procession. The procession of the Blessed Sacrament is one of the most Catholic things that you can do!

We have a parade permission this year so they are actually going to close off roads and it will be very good. It will be on the Sunday following Corpus Christi (External Solemnity of Corpus Christi). Pray for sunshine and open-minded witnesses!

We will have only one Mass and a procession right after it; can’t wait! :thumbsup:

Yes, on the 26th, and it will be our first. Our Cardinal is leading a procession at a local shrine and has invited all 1st communicants in the Archdiocese to attend. I have twin 2nd graders, so we’ll be putting on the white dresses again and going up for Mass.

Yes you who are fortunate to serve and the faithful who participate in the public expression of their faith in the Real Presence are truly blessed and by their actions can help attract others who observe the procession to the beautiful truths of the Catholic faith

Wow. That’s a lot of people. Looks very beautiful.

The one I am thinking of going to will be a lot smaller, although there will be a bigger one later on during the week.

Thanks for the encouragement!

We’re going to be in a tourist area so there will be lots of gawking. So you’re right, if I can do this, I will probably be more on fire. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.