Who's in heaven?

I hosted a fish fry last night. During the gathering the question of heaven came up. On your radio show (WVOG 600 am Friday 3:45 PM New Orleans La.) your guest said there are only two people in heaven. Jesus Christ and His Blessed Mother. Can I find scripture to back this up? I need your help, Big Time. I’m sure I’ve made a lot of people mad at me! Thanks for your help, Gil

Perhaps you meant to post this on the Radio forum? But anyway, the Catholic Church most certainly does not teach that only Jesus Christ and Mary are in heaven. I can’t even imagine a Catholic making that claim.

We believe all those who have been canonized saints by the Church to be in heaven - as well as many unrecognized saints, including baptized infants who died.

Nita

Revelation 4:4 has 24 elders sitting there on thrones.

Revelation 12:1

And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:

Maybe they meant physically in Heaven?? In human bodies??
But even then, there were Enoch & Elijah who were assumed into Heaven in the OT…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.