Why all powerful Jesus doesn't help starving people?

I for one pray for the poor and give according to my capacity. I wonder if many people who hate poverty even pray for God’s help?

Greed, self-occupation and selfishness, among other reasons.

My point exactly. How unfortunate that we do not love and nurture each other as we should.
Many do, of course. Some, do not.

Why all powerful Jesus doesn’t help starving people?

He does.

When Jesus walked this earth, he fed the poor and commanded his disciples to do the same, he consistently said to give it all to the poor, not only food but your very clothes and your fortune, “do unto others as you would want done unto you”, love one another, lay your life down for one another, take care of widows and orphans, and he suffered as we suffer. He told us our reward would be in heaven, as did Our Lady to Bernadette. If we all did what Jesus asked us to do there would be no hunger, no homeless, no oppressed, but we don’t, because we have so little faith. All in all it’s a great mystery, those of us who believe think we will get our answers some day. Those who don’t believe have no hope.

Yes perhaps, but I am not sure if it could be the other way around, that is, with many not loving and nurturing others and some who do.

In the Scriptures Jesus talks about separating the sheep from the goats based on our charity towards the poor and needy. We will all get our reward or punishment on Judgment Day for sure!

According to this website: worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world%20hunger%20facts%202002.htm there is enough food to feed everyone

The world produces enough food to feed everyone. World agriculture produces 17 percent more calories per person today than it did 30 years ago, despite a 70 percent population increase. This is enough to provide everyone in the world with at least 2,720 kilocalories (kcal) per person per day according to the most recent estimate that we could find (FAO 2002, p.9). The principal problem is that many people in the world do not have sufficient land to grow, or income to purchase, enough food.

Looking at the World Food Programme four out of the 5 reasons for hunger are mainly due to human greed, corruption and violence. Source: wfp.org/hunger/causes

Out of respect for the OP, I chose secular sites.

As followers of Jesus, as a previous person said, we are his hands and his feet. Our efforts are undermined by by the opposition. For example, Jesus called my aunt to the Religious Life, to be a nurse and a Missionary in the Congo, she was His hands and his feet in the Congo for over 40 years. From my perspective, corrupt leaders, violent and corrupt rebels, torture, apathetic world leaders and greedy corporations all combined to prevent the people she was trying to help to move out of poverty.

A number of her Sisters and Priests were murdered for daring to speak out for the poor and she and others suffered unspeakable torture - she survived and as soon as she was recovered she insisted on continuing her work. For me, that is just one aspect of Jesus’ power on earth i.e. a light (practical in deed) offering hope amidst the darkness of sinful people who reject Jesus. And throughout the world, many followers of Jesus have responded to His call to feed the hungry, clothe the naked etc and continue to do so despite the war waged against their efforts.

Have YOU done anything today to help anyone who is starving? Perhaps God is asking you to do something and you won’t listen?

Just a thought…

Precisely.

By his command, we are called to help starving people. Those in need are our to help, in doing so we work for our own salvation. To Say why doesn’t Christ… fill in the blank is a cop out on the person who maked the statement. You havew the power to help. Get your friends together, your church your neighborhood to have a food drive, open a soup kitchen, help with an agency that does so, you will be fullfuilling His command and doing the work that we are called to do. Many people and groups are following his command and in doing so he is ending hunger.

Deacon Frank

Is the following 47 second video part of a hoax?

youtube.com/watch?v=DpoU-FPb3pE

Does Joyce Meyer exist? There are videos of alien autopsies. The Jurassic Park movies show living dinosaurs in action.

If she does exist, then perhaps she is a great secular thinker, or merely a woman who inherited great wealth, and all of her talk about Jesus is just another attempt to trick you, win an argument, or waste your valuable time.

Note for everybody: there are many thousands or perhaps millions of people like Joyce Meyer who are alive today. I selected her and the above video simply for convenience. Please feel free to do a better job of what I tried to do in this post.

If you change the title line in your post, people might not notice you’ve done so and thus miss your point.

If they have you on ignore and cannot read your comments, then aren’t they likely to soon add my username to their ignore lists? Perhaps it’s better that those who refuse to listen don’t hear. After all, I don’t like to hear what I consider to be noise. There’s no immediate emergency requiring a noisy alarm. Nor is the written word equivalent of a noisy alarm required.

Also, I did write the following:

Note for everybody: there are many thousands or perhaps millions of people like Joyce Meyer who are alive today.

Somebody who misses the point after that can post a question in this thread, or send a private message to me. It cost me $0.00 to register here less than a week ago. Today it costs ten times as much to register here! In other words, the price remains $0.00.

I don’t know anything about other people’s ignore lists :wink:

Perhaps it’s better that those who refuse to listen don’t hear. After all, I don’t like to hear what I consider to be noise. There’s no immediate emergency requiring a noisy alarm. Nor is the written word equivalent of a noisy alarm required.

Also, I did write the following:

Somebody who misses the point after that can post a question in this thread, or send a private message to me. It cost me $0.00 to register here less than a week ago. Today it costs ten times as much to register here! In other words, the price remains $0.00.

Having noticed you were new to CAF, and knowing that on other boards it is common to change the title lines but here not common, I just thought I would mention it. Not trying to drive you crazy or anything!

No problem.

I’d like to mention that I like :slight_smile: your signature line. Experience after experience after experience in my life has confirmed its truth. However, I doubt that I could have put it into words:

“The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not love.”
-Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P

I have been trying to figure out how to put succinctly that I too enjoy finding an elegant and complete rendition of a thought which i have had only as a mere whisper.

I really think there should be a word for this…

When?

There’s a two-word phrase that covers this and more: “pattern recognition.”

Directly; During His ministry on Earth, and on The Cross; salvation is available to all; rich, poor, Jew, Gentile, male, female, all because of Him.

Indirectly; every single day that people give and do in the name of Jesus, as He commanded. Look at statistics as to who is more generous in their giving, which countries give the most, and why.

If this is all an argument as to; why doesn’t God get rid of all evil if He is benevolent? The answer is you and me. If God were to remove all evil, there would be no humans left.

Why didn’t God stop the Communists? Why didn’t God stop the Holocaust? Why didn’t God free the slaves?

It is our responsibility to help others. God isn’t just going to swoop down and stop every bad thing. If he did, we wouldn’t learn to evolve so these things don’t happen again. That is what makes our God so great. He gives us free will to decide whether to help others or not, making the person choose whether he is eternally damned or not.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.