Why Alla not hearing prayers in other langauges?

I am an ordinary man understands five langauges(including Arabic).
Why Alla not accepting(or understanding) the prayers in other langauges?

In Christ,
selvaraj

whyislam.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2599&PN=1

wa salam

What confounds me is why Allah, if he loves all Muslims, cant accept prayers in anything but arabic. Yahweh can accept prayers in all languages, even if it is nonesense because He can read minds. Is there an answer in the Qu’ran on why Allah wants Muslims to pray in Arabic?

[quote=Chazemataz]What confounds me is why Allah, if he loves all Muslims, cant accept prayers in anything but arabic. Yahweh can accept prayers in all languages, even if it is nonesense because He can read minds. Is there an answer in the Qu’ran on why Allah wants Muslims to pray in Arabic?
[/quote]

Allah accepts prayers in all languages. You can make a supplication in any language at any time of day.

The 5 daily prayers are said in arabic, because they consist of the revelation given to us by Allah. The Quran was revealed in Arabic, and so, instead of translating it and losing the meaning and beauty of the language, the 5 daily prayers must be said in arabic.

SubhanAllah (glory be to Allah), i always thought that was so beautiful about Islam, how we are all connected by a common language, whether chinese or indian or lebanese.

Also, the Quran in Arabic really does have a healing power for ones soul, even if a person doesnt understand what it says.

In the Name of Allah.

Masha’Allah sister fatuma has provided a very good link for the explanation of the same. Hope that answered your questions Selvaraj.

Peace,

Urooj.

PS Jazakum Allahu khairan sisters, both of you. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

[quote=Urooj]In the Name of Allah.

Masha’Allah sister fatuma has provided a very good link for the explanation of the same. Hope that answered your questions Selvaraj.

Peace,

Urooj.

PS Jazakum Allahu khairan sisters, both of you. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Sister, can you provide referrence from the Qur`an?

In Christ,
selvaraj

Faith101:
Allah accepts prayers in all languages. You can make a supplication in any language at any time of day.

Reuben:
Agreed

Faith101:
The 5 daily prayers are said in arabic, because they consist of the revelation given to us by Allah. The Quran was revealed in Arabic, and so, instead of translating it and losing the meaning and beauty of the language, the 5 daily prayers must be said in arabic.

Reuben:
Agreed that meaning can be lost in the translation but is this vital for expert translators?

Faith101:
SubhanAllah (glory be to Allah), i always thought that was so beautiful about Islam, how we are all connected by a common language, whether chinese or indian or lebanese.

Reuben:
Beautiful. We can be connected by language. I’m no linguist, but I think it’s true also that a language reflects culture and value of the people speaking that languae. In Quran, as mentioned in another thread, virgins are prized rewards in paradise. Is this because in Arab culture virgins are valued and craved, especially in term of sex? I know in some races, virginity is not important. If that’s true, could there be a possibility that the promise of paradise is inspired by the mentioned Arab’s value?

Faith101:
Also, the Quran in Arabic really does have a healing power for ones soul, even if a person doesnt understand what it says.

Reuben:
Agreed. True Word of God does have healing power though not necessary in a particular language.

Peace.

Reuben :slight_smile:

B]Reuben:

Agreed that meaning can be lost in the translation but is this vital for expert translators?

The idea is that the Quran was revealed by God in Arabic…His words in Arabic. Once I translate, its not His exact words, it is my interpretation as to what this word would mean in another language… If you look at a translation of the Quran, it will usually state “the translation of the *meaning * of the Quran”

Beautiful. We can be connected by language. I’m no linguist, but I think it’s true also that a language reflects culture and value of the people speaking that languae. In Quran, as mentioned in another thread, virgins are prized rewards in paradise. Is this because in Arab culture virgins are valued and craved, especially in term of sex? I know in some races, virginity is not important. If that’s true, could there be a possibility that the promise of paradise is inspired by the mentioned Arab’s value?

Virginity is not important, not in some races, but in some cultures which no longer prize a woman’s modesty and chastity. She is seen, simply put, as a piece of meat, and not as an individual to be respected and protected. We’ve gone a long way off the road from 50 years ago in America.

Reuben:
Agreed. True Word of God does have healing power though not necessary in a particular language

Agreed, even in the English translation of the meanings, people find truth in God words. But its like this, if you translate the words of Shakespeare into any other language, you’ll get the gist…but it wont be shakespeare. Over 80% of muslims are non-arabs…and they listen to the Quran in arabic, and although they dont fully understand it all…you will still see tears roll from their eyes. It’s the beauty of the recitation of the Quran.

[quote=selvaraj]Sister, can you provide referrence from the Qur`an?

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

Throughout the Quran, Allah gives us examples of the messengers making supplication to Him. From Moses to Joseph to Jesus to Abraham to Zachary to all the others. Allah accepted their supplications to Him (and they all spoke different languages).

In terms of supplication God says

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them):** I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: ** Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way. (Chapter #2, Verse #186

Hi Faith,

God’s Word is made to be understood. To me, it is the meaning of the word said is important, not how it sounds. If the translation is an accurate meaning of the word, then the message is recieved just the same. Unless translation has vital misintertpretation, then one recieves the wrong message. Language can be a source of unity, but it can also be a weapon of subjection. That’s my concern on depending solely on one language for mode of communication. The politic of it.

Thanks for agreeing with me that virginity doesn’t matter much as far as sex is concerned. I would go further. I would not judge a woman whether she is a virgin or not, as long as she realizes she made a mistake and repenting for it. To me virginity is not so much a heaven. No big deal. Thus I question about this virginity things in heaven.

Peace.

God bless you.

Thanks for agreeing with me that virginity doesn’t matter much as far as sex is concerned

I didnt agree. Reread what i said (i know it was bad grammar, sorry about that). However, virginity is not a concern as far as sex is involved for a woman who was previously married. It all has to be done within marriage.

I would go further. I would not judge a woman whether she is a virgin or not, as long as she realizes she made a mistake and repenting for it. To me virginity is not so much a heaven. No big deal. Thus I question about this virginity things in heaven.

The idea is that they have never been touched. I do agree that there are men who dont mind that their future wife has slept with 10 guys before them and vice versa for women about their future husbands (regardless of whether she repented or not…by the way, many people dont believe that having sex out of marriage is something to repent for).

I said this on another thread and I will say it again here. Muslim men (the ones that are actually following the Quran and Sunnah) are the ones that protect themselves from every kind of sexual immorality. INCLUDING, looking at half naked women. So, as you can imagine, while the men who are freely indulging in their desires are screaming “i cant believe you believe that you will have virgins in heaven…thats just immoral” , they are busy refraining from these things…ALL for the sake of God.

Their lives are not easy, and I believe, as a muslim FEMALE, that in paradise they should be rewarded with everything that they refrained from in this world.

There are certain people on the day of Judgement that will be held in high esteem. One of them is a man who was seduced by a woman of wealth and beauty and rejected her saying “i fear Allah”

The issues is about virginity but about chastity and there is a difference.

women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable. (Chapter #24, Verse #26)

wa salam

[quote=fatuma]The issues is about virginity but about chastity and there is a difference.

women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable. (Chapter #24, Verse #26)

wa salam
[/quote]

isn’t not is.

[quote=Faith101]Throughout the Quran, Allah gives us examples of the messengers making supplication to Him. From Moses to Joseph to Jesus to Abraham to Zachary to all the others. Allah accepted their supplications to Him (and they all spoke different languages).

In terms of supplication God says

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them):** I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: **Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way. (Chapter #2, Verse #186
[/quote]

All the prophets were praying to the real God in their own langauge. You Muslims praying ‘The God’ (Al Ila). Why don`t you pray in your own langauge?
In Christ,
selvaraj
that is my question.

[quote=selvaraj]All the prophets were praying to the real God in their own langauge. You Muslims praying ‘The God’ (Al Ila). Why don`t you pray in your own langauge?
In Christ,
selvaraj
that is my question.
[/quote]

Peace Selvaraj

Have you read any of the postings above? Muslims (over 80% who are NOT Arabs) can make supplication to Allah in any language they wish. In fact, they dont even have to say anthing, God knows what is inside of us. Is this clear?

Ok, now moving on to the 5 daily prayers. These are focused on worship. In them, Muslims recite chapters and verses from the Quran which was revealed in ARABIC. Therefore, instead of translating and losing/changing meaning, they recite them IN ARABIC.

Number 2 is that this UNITES the Muslims…Muslims from all over the world are reciting in the same language, bowing and prostrating to the same God, facing the same place…5 times a day, every day. I think that’s beautiful.

Number 3, this makes it extremly difficult for the Arabic Quran to be forgotten when people focus on the english/german/chinese translatin of the meanings. Many non-arabs become very fluent in Arabic in order to understand the Quran for themselves and have greater appreciation for it.

My friend,
Until yet no one answered correctly to this thread.

In Christ,
selvarj

[quote=selvaraj]My friend,
Until yet no one answered correctly to this thread.

In Christ,
selvarj
[/quote]

Dear Selvarj

You have given me a better understanding of a verse in the Quran, which I wont quote here.

What exactly dont you understand. I would be more than happy to explain it again.
keep in mind

1. GOD hears ALL prayers as we have given you proof from both the QUran and Hadith
  2. the prayers said in arabic is not b/c God cant understand the other languages, but it is to 1. unite muslims 2. keep the language in which the Quran was revealed perserved 3. not lose meaning of God’s words

Please rephrase your question if it is still not clear

My place full of Muslims. After the friday prayer, I asked my Muslim friends to translate the prayers in our langauge and they coudnt. All they agreed, they memorised with out knowing the meaning. Why cant they pray in their own langauge? like us.
In Christ,
selvarj

[quote=selvaraj]My place full of Muslims. After the friday prayer, I asked my Muslim friends to translate the prayers in our langauge and they coudn`t. All they agreed, they memorised with out knowing the meaning. In Christ,
selvarj
[/quote]

Most non-arab Muslims I know understand what they are saying because they read into the translation and tafseer (the meaning behind the verse). It is up to the individual. I’m surprised that they do not know the translation of the prayers, as they are very simple.

Why can`t they pray in their own langauge? like us.

Because unlike you, we have a Quran revealed in a certain language. God’s words revealed in Arabic…we can not improve on it, so we recite it as it is.

If your interested to know what we say in prayer, open another thread and we can discuss it!

[quote=Faith101]I didnt agree. Reread what i said (i know it was bad grammar, sorry about that). However, virginity is not a concern as far as sex is involved for a woman who was previously married. It all has to be done within marriage.

The idea is that they have never been touched. I do agree that there are men who dont mind that their future wife has slept with 10 guys before them and vice versa for women about their future husbands (regardless of whether she repented or not…by the way, many people dont believe that having sex out of marriage is something to repent for).

I said this on another thread and I will say it again here. Muslim men (the ones that are actually following the Quran and Sunnah) are the ones that protect themselves from every kind of sexual immorality. INCLUDING, looking at half naked women. So, as you can imagine, while the men who are freely indulging in their desires are screaming “i cant believe you believe that you will have virgins in heaven…thats just immoral” , they are busy refraining from these things…ALL for the sake of God.

Their lives are not easy, and I believe, as a muslim FEMALE, that in paradise they should be rewarded with everything that they refrained from in this world.

There are certain people on the day of Judgement that will be held in high esteem. One of them is a man who was seduced by a woman of wealth and beauty and rejected her saying “i fear Allah”
[/quote]

I thought to leave this at that, but maybe just a food for thought.

I have to refrain from doing thing on earth which is sinful for the sake of God, so that I could have it in heaven? :confused:

Peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.