Why am I embarrassed?

I kissed my uncle on the cheek to say "Thank you" for something but now I am so embarrassed and I don't know why. There was nothing romantic about it, and it is not like he is a stranger or anything.:blushing::(:confused:
Mikayla

I often feel embarrassment when I step outside of my comfort zone, whether I've done something "right" or "wrong" or even "neutral."

It sounds like you just did something outside of your normal comfort zone--like you said, it wasn't romantic--it was just a spontaneous expression of gratitude. Nothing wrong with that! (P.S. the Bible is FILLED with non-romantic kisses, especially familial ones, as that was a very common show of love/gratitude during that era.)

I know you can't just turn off the feeling, but I think you can give yourself permission to "get over it." :o

"You have heard that it was said,'Do not commit adultery.'But now i tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to posses her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart. So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! it is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body throw in to hell. If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose one of your limbs than for your whole body to go to hell.(Mt 5:27-30).

It is not compulsory that you need to kiss some one because he or she is a Christian because not every one is your brother or sister. As Jesus says

"Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"Then he pointed to his disciples and said, "Look! Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does my Father in heaven wants him to do is my brother, my sister and my mother."(Mt 12:48-50)

May Jesus give you the Grace to overcome this.....

[quote="arunsebastian, post:3, topic:245462"]
"You have heard that it was said,'Do not commit adultery.'But now i tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to posses her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart. So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! it is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body throw in to hell. If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose one of your limbs than for your whole body to go to hell.(Mt 5:27-30).

It is not compulsory that you need to kiss some one because he or she is a Christian because not every one is your brother or sister. As Jesus says

"Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"Then he pointed to his disciples and said, "Look! Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does my Father in heaven wants him to do is my brother, my sister and my mother."(Mt 12:48-50)

May Jesus give you the Grace to overcome this.....

[/quote]

This reply is unhelpful and in no way pertinent to the OP's question. Troll.

Yes. :slight_smile:

[quote="Augusta_Sans, post:2, topic:245462"]
I often feel embarrassment when I step outside of my comfort zone, whether I've done something "right" or "wrong" or even "neutral."

It sounds like you just did something outside of your normal comfort zone--like you said, it wasn't romantic--it was just a spontaneous expression of gratitude. Nothing wrong with that! (P.S. the Bible is FILLED with non-romantic kisses, especially familial ones, as that was a very common show of love/gratitude during that era.)

I know you can't just turn off the feeling, but I think you can give yourself permission to "get over it." :o

[/quote]

:)

[quote="Augusta_Sans, post:2, topic:245462"]

[/quote]

+1

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.