Why are there liturgical abuses?

Why are there liturgical abuses? Not debatible issues, but those that can simply be clearly referenced in Church documents?

How about “all of the above”.
I think all of these reasons/excuses are true, since there are some people who are sincere but genuinely misunderstand, some are prideful enough to think they know better than the Holy See, some think the Church is behind the times, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

PS, I think your sig is kind scary actually :eek:

I think most liturgical abuses come from the belief that each one of us can make his own determination and interpretation of holy scripture. That particularly protestant doctrine, one of Luthers big points, has increasingly found its way into the Catholic Church

[quote=seagal]How about “all of the above”.
I think all of these reasons/excuses are true, since there are some people who are sincere but genuinely misunderstand, some are prideful enough to think they know better than the Holy See, some think the Church is behind the times, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

PS, I think your sig is kind scary actually :eek:
[/quote]

I agree with you fully but I love the signature!!!

Other – all of the above

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.