Why are women inferior to men in regard to the Priesthood?

The biggest reason I am no longer Catholic stems from the exclusion of women in the priesthood. I realize that the biggest reason that women can’t become priests is because the priest acts in persona christi **according to the CCC.

But I don’t understand what it is about having ovaries that makes a woman (any woman) inferior to men in this aspect. I understand that there are some jobs in which most women are inferior to men based on physical characteristics (such as hockey player). Or some jobs in which many women are inferior to men for emotional reasons (perhaps being an executioner). But there are still many exceptions to these norms. There are, of course, certain things that a woman just can’t do, like fathering children, because they simply aren’t given the right equipment.

But what is it about women that makes their qualities inferior to those of men when it comes to the sacred honor of the priestly rite?

almostatheist,

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on women in the Priesthood. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
]
Did the Church ever ordain women?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.