Why are you a protestant?

catholic.com/radio/shows/why-are-you-protestant-32153#
Trent Horn is the always irenic and informative guest.

I would recommend some books for those Protestants who are curious about the Catholic Church.

1. Catholicism for Dummies - Rev. J Trigillio and Rev C Brighenti

2. On Being Catholic - Thomas Howard “Thomas Howard presents the “glad tidings” of the deeper meaning of Catholic piety, dogma, spirituality, vision and practice in the engaging style he has come to be known for.”

Books 1 and 2 work well together: 1. being a straightforward factual book and 2 is poetically written by a man whose prose reveals his love for the Faith.

1. What Now - Patrick Madrid - I bought this for the title and I’m glad I did. Patrick explains to the new Catholic or revert what comes next after RCIA and the reception of Baptism, Reconciliation and Holy Communion. Catholicism is different to Protestantism, non-denominational, Baptist etc and sometimes new converts are lost; this is the book for them. Patrick provides a good number of references which are excellent follow-ups to his book.

Why be a Protestant?
Many Protestants will say that there may be good reasons why a married couple should be allowed to use artificial birth control.

Off the topic, but thank you for introducing me to a new word - irenic! :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.