Why can't Catholics keep the ashes of loved ones in their home?

I was reading Irish Central who allege that the reason why the Catholic Church wants the Ashes to be interred in Holy Grounds is to make money. I believe they think that is that they interpret this as needing to buried in a Catholic Cemetery. I was wondering what you think of this and what the Catholic Church means by this. I know that the Church does NOT want Ashes scattered but do NOT understand why the Ashes can NOT be kept in the Urn at the families home. I used to work in a funeral home owned by a Catholic and some loved ones did not pick up their loved ones urn with the Ashes in it so the funeral home had a closet with a number of shelves with these urns that had Ashes in them. I do understand why the Catholic Church would NOT want this however. I appreciate your thoughts.

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on cremation and the proper repose of ashes. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Does the Church allow cremation?

Catholic Burial ground?
What can be done with cremains?
Can I bury my ashes at home?
Is it correct to keep the cremains of a deceased relative in your home?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.