Why can't I find a job I like?

I hate my job. Its a dead end factory job. I graduated college 6 months ago and can’t find anything with my major. I have applied all over the country and for over 160 jobs. I pray everyday and I feel like I am praying for no reason. The job i am in now drives me crazy.
I work 10 hour shifts almost 7 days a week. Life is starting to feel pointless for me. I sometimes wonder if God even hears me. I hate the way I get somtimes. I am extremely frustrated. Any advice?

Hi,

It drives you crazy because you are fighting it. There are many people who would love to have your problem. It may not be your first choice, but you have chosen to have it. So it’s not all bad. God’s timing is perfect. He is the only one who really knows what time it is at every moment. Right now this is the time for you to have this job. So praise Him for it. He is there with you. All you have to do is recognize Him and ACCEPT Him in this daily activity. The job is not all about you; it is all about Him. The sooner you accept this, perhaps the sooner you will be ready for something else. He hears your prayers, alright. Are you hearing Him?

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.