Why can't we stay child like!

I just had to share this.

My 8 year old daughter, Julia, just said an amazing thing. I was explaining to her that some women believe in abortion or choice. I explained to her what that means is, they want to decide when to have a baby. I asked her who decides when you are to have a baby and she responded “God”. I then said well these women (and men) believe it is ok to make the choice themselves. And she says “you mean they kill the person in the stomach”.

It makes you want to cry that a child understands life so well, but so many adults don’t.

You'll never forget the treasure of her words and spirit.
May God protect and bless your lovely girl always

[quote="Kirk_O, post:1, topic:185948"]

My 8 year old daughter, Julia, just said an amazing thing. I was explaining to her that some women believe in abortion or choice. I explained to her what that means is, they want to decide when to have a baby. I asked her who decides when you are to have a baby and she responded “God”. I then said well these women (and men) believe it is ok to make the choice themselves. And she says “you mean they kill the person in the stomach”.

It makes you want to cry that a child understands life so well, but so many adults don’t.

[/quote]

Beautiful! :love:

Exactly what or Lord was telling us when he cautioned us to keep ourselves child like for the sake of entering the Kingdom. :slight_smile:

I tend to think that adults think too hard about religion. There are plenty of complicated issues, but sometimes you just have to step back and have faith.

Eamon

[quote="Kirk_O, post:1, topic:185948"]

[/quote]

Wisdom out of the mouths of babes. That's how you know God does not approve of people thinking they have power over life and when to end it. This also applies with the death penalty too. These people may be dangerous, but they're sinners just like everyone else. They have just as much right to live as an unborn baby in my opinion. Your daughter sounds very smart for her age, you're a good parent :)

I believe that same child is inside every person, it just gets covered up by the cares of this world and by the damage sin does to our souls. In the book of Revelation, it says we have a name that only God knows, and one day he'll address us with that name in person. I believe it'll be that child he will address, and then "we will know ourselves, even as we are known".

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.