Why dear friends do you suppose the Holy Spirit has led you CAF?

Dear friends in Christ,

Because God IS In Charge, and their are no such things such as "luck:, “coincidence” or “happenstance”; this seems like a good question.

WHY do you suppose the Holy Spirit has led you to participate on the CAF Forum?

What brought YOU here?

What keeps YOU here?

God Bless you

Patrick

“Iron sharpens iron,
and one man sharpens another.”
Proverbs 27

To find answers before converting…

And I don’t know that many practicing Catholics in real life.

No, I believe in free will.

No,the Spirit didn’t lead me to CAF.

I found it thru Google when I was researching the Catholic church. CAF and many other sites came up.

Same here.

I love how you phrased the question as I do not believe anything happens without God(Understood or not) behind it. That is if that’s how you meant it? Although I see some Catholics having a problem with that.

The actual answer to “why” I still do not know. But considering your question (If I understand, I am still trying to find out).

Further what brought me here? It goes something like this, it also includes why I am still here.

• Meet amazing Catholic woman
  • Didn’t know much about “different Christians”
  • Get asked some questions I can not answer or never thought about
  • Google Catholic stuff
  • Got to CAF
  • Start to question or try and understand
  • Read a lot and try to understand
  • Read the entire Catechism (And numerous other Catholic sources) with notes I made that look like a university textbook.
  • Really got deeper into my personal Christianity and I am thankful
  • Got engaged to amazing Catholic woman
  • Start planning marriage, Catholic one all the way as I see nothing wrong with that
  • 5 months before wedding she told me we will marry in my denomination
  • I was confused, why?
  • Turns out my questions had a big impact, honestly not what I wanted
  • Got married a year ago
  • Still very happy
  • My Catholic interest for some reason never faded.
  • I like being up to date and CAF seems like a good platform
  • Nice people (Most of the times)
  • Just trying to understand thoughts or maybe as my wife puts it, total boredom.

Anyway. That’s that.

My best guess is to help me think things out.

I believe He led me here to learn more about the Catholic teachings and, as a result, help firm my faith in our Lord.

I’ve enjoyed interacting with the variety of people from different faith traditions and have gained friends. Having more Christian friends can’t be all bad, right?

My time here has allowed me to learn about our Early Christian Fathers and the history of the church from the first century. I have lots to learn yet and being here has given me the foundation from which to build as I gain more knowledge. I can actually ask intelligent questions of my pastor! :wink:

God bless, all,

Rita

I was researching the validity of my Sister’s “marriage” and the gravity of the ‘Holy Days of Obligation’. It was a great way to look into my faith in-depth and learned more than what 5 years of CCD classes have taught me.

I think when we become adults our faith in God becomes more relevant… I know I have spent a lot of my time as an adult “seeking” and finding where God wanted me to be.

I interact with many Roman Catholics professionally and most of them are progressive. It was suggested that I learn more about other sides of the faith to get a better understanding of the broadness of beliefs and practices.

I started listening to Catholic Answers and then came here. It has been quite enlightening.

The articles here allowed me to convert, as I started reading through them.

The forum itself has been a combination of helpful insights and procrastination/time-wasting.

I have very little dialogue with other Catholics in my day to day life beyond a long distance old friend I sometimes see and a good morning when I go to mass.

I mark it up to God’s sense of humor.

As an exercise in responding moderately rather than calling a suggestion stupid ( for which I will probably be banned :innocent:)

To chat with other Christians / Catholics.

To ask my own stupid questions.

To try to correct writings put forward that are in error.

To learn the dialogue

thank you!

Gby

Help me {The OP] out here

So you don’t thi k God the Holy Spirit has anything to do with it? OR for that matter, influencing one’s freewill?

GBY

:rotfl:
Sorry, I stopped at this.
:smiley:

Hi and THANKS

I’m the OP & your understaning of my question is correct:thumbsup:

Further what brought me here? It goes something like this, it also includes why I am still here.

• Meet amazing Catholic woman
  • Didn’t know much about “different Christians”
  • Get asked some questions I can not answer or never thought about
  • Google Catholic stuff
  • Got to CAF
  • Start to question or try and understand
  • Read a lot and try to understand
  • Read the entire Catechism (And numerous other Catholic sources) with notes I made that look like a university textbook.
  • Really got deeper into my personal Christianity and I am thankful
  • Got engaged to amazing Catholic woman
  • Start planning marriage, Catholic one all the way as I see nothing wrong with that
  • 5 months before wedding she told me we will marry in my denomination
  • I was confused, why?
  • Turns out my questions had a big impact, honestly not what I wanted
  • Got married a year ago
  • Still very happy
  • My Catholic interest for some reason never faded.
  • I like being up to date and CAF seems like a good platform
  • Nice people (Most of the times)
  • Just trying to understand thoughts or maybe as my wife puts it, total boredom.

Anyway. That’s that.

WOW, Thanks!

I’m curious about your wife’s prior Faith formation & here;s why

Here’s a site you can use to quickly look up these verses
www.drbo.org/

There can be only One True God [Triune[ the 1st Commandment & Exo. 6:7

Even God can have ONLY one set of TRUE faith beliefs Eph 4: 1-7 & Mt 28:19-20

**NOT one time in the entire bible can it be shown that GOD ever accepted, tolerated, permitted, allowed and even ignored other [by necessity = competing sets of faith beliefs]

ONLY the CC which was founded by Jesus Christ to TEACH HIS set of Faith -beliefs is guided, guarded protected to do precisely that.

**Please READ these passages paying very close attention to the singular these words used by the HS Inspired Authors [2 Tim 3:16-17]

Mt 10:1-8
Mt 16:15-19
John 17:17-20
Mt 28:18-20**

And In and THROUGH just the RCC, which is the ONLY Church / Faith Christ desired and fully protects.

Through the RCC one has access to the Seven Sacraments all Instituted by Christ; including Baptism, Eucharist JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF [GOD’ IN PERSON] …Read John 6:47-58 & 1st Cor, 11:23-30 which ARE Lietral teachings [GOOGLE "Eucharistic Miracles]; and Sacramental Confession; the ONLY truly known way for sin -frogiveness GODS WAY;

1 Jn 1:8-9
1: Jn 5:16-17
John 20:19-23 Again ALL literal

THANKS for your post

GBY BOTH!

Patrick

IN EACH one CAN discover that GOD is speaking [1] directly to His Apostles & by absolute necessity [compare Mt 1: 5-8 0 to Mt 28: 19-20] [2] precisely to them [3] & exclusively to THEM.

Then for the sake of your wife, please read and share Hebrews 6: 4-8 {If you’d like a fuller explanation of this teaching please send me a private message]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.