'Why did God allow the snake in the garden of Eden.'

Interesting question I ran into.:hmmm:

And a message on my YouTube channel being insulted with the typical 'there is no proof for God' 'I wouldn't worship a child murdering, woman hating, slave advocating..'

Seriously, where did that come from? Since when was God a 'child murderer' and 'slave advocate.' :banghead::

So, anyone have an answer for that question? Never heard about it either..(the question about 'why God let the snake in the garden of Eden'

Thanks and God bless!

[quote="Maria1993, post:1, topic:314005"]
Interesting question I ran into.:hmmm:

And a message on my YouTube channel being insulted with the typical 'there is no proof for God' 'I wouldn't worship a child murdering, woman hating, slave advocating..'

Seriously, where did that come from? Since when was God a 'child murderer' and 'slave advocate.' :banghead::

So, anyone have an answer for that question? Never heard about it either..(the question about 'why God let the snake in the garden of Eden'

Thanks and God bless!

[/quote]

Freewill? Freewill is only good when we are given a choice.

[quote="Reuben_J, post:2, topic:314005"]
Freewill? Freewill is only good when we are given a choice.

[/quote]

How would this fit with the situation though?

If God gave Satan a choice to enter the Garden, why couldn't he just keep him out? Thus avoiding eves temptation , and what is the purpose behind the tree anyways? Why couldn't God just not create the tree Eve ate from?

[quote="Maria1993, post:3, topic:314005"]
How would this fit with the situation though?

If God gave Satan a choice to enter the Garden, why couldn't he just keep him out? Thus avoiding eves temptation , and what is the purpose behind the tree anyways? Why couldn't God just not create the tree Eve ate from?

[/quote]

God knows who Satan is. God permitted him in the garden because it would give a choice for Adam to exercise his freewill.

God keeping Satan out is not giving Adam the choice to exercise his freewill which is given by God. If there is no choice laid before Adam, what is the use of freewill? Similarly why the tree exist.

Hope that helps.

In the OT, we heard that God is a jealous God. This perhaps is consistent with the action of God in the creation of giving humans freewill. Jealousness often comes about when the person one loved has his heart for another person without being forced. Similarly if we turn our hearts away from God for other gods, we will suffer the wrath of the jealous God as what happened in the OT which included being abandoned by him.

When Satan fell, where was he thrown down to? As well, there was nothing protecting the garden or the tree of life until after the fall, when the flaming sword and the Cherubims were stationed there.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2012:29&version=KJV

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+25%3A44-46&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2021:2-11&version=KJV
Be sure not to ask such questions on Youtube :ehh:

Then, to the snake. It wasn’t really a snake, was it, it was a fallen angel in disguise. But the Genesis says nothing about angels at all, so I believe we’re to assume that Satan was roaming freely or just had nowhere else to go and so ended up in the garden.

[quote="po18guy, post:6, topic:314005"]
When Satan fell, where was he thrown down to? As well, there was nothing protecting the garden or the tree of life until after the fall, when the flaming sword and the Cherubims were stationed there.

[/quote]

That seemed to be what happened but it was not due to God being helpless about it or that he did not know. :thumbsup::)

God, being love ALWAYS bring good from evil. He always wants the greatest good to His beloved. The snake was permitted in the garden because God does not just cover up mistakes and sweep them under a rug.....He has a reedeeming love. He doesen't just erase....He heals the disorder in His creation that He loved. The snake gave mankind and God the ability to rise above the fall....to redeem the mistake.

It's true our parents failed, and later many after them as well. But it's a hurdle we as a human body have to overcome to recieve our crown and be justified.

"Oh happy fault of Adam that brought to us so great a redeemer" Love always brings out good from any situation.

It's a good lesson......even though others around us do what is wrong.....we're Gods sons and daughters and are called to a very high standard! Someone's wrong does not mean that we all get off the hook.....we are still called to obedience and trust and faith regardless.

Michael

Well the ‘snake’ has always been around, it never went away (Revelation 12:9), so we can only assume that God had planned to use the snake for the glory of human kind, to choose to be with him or against him (Matthew 12:30), and the same choice remains today for us. Adam and Eve realized they were naked after they had sinned, and this represents the innocence that was lost, and the following dialogue I believe personally was God trying to reconcile humanity to himself, but no one was repenting, and we had Adam blame Eve and Eve blamed the serpent, and so they were cast out of paradise. This is still exactly what happens today, when we do not accept responsibility for our sins, and do not repent, then confess to almighty God, we are cast out of paradise. We can see in Genesis 3:21 God clothes Adam and Eve, and we can say the same for all of humanity, that we are all clothed by God, but now for us to enter into paradise again, we must wash our clothes with the blood of the lamb. Revelation 22:14 “Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.”(Douay-Rheims)

I also wanted to mention since I saw someone else mention the killing of the firstborns, that the 10 plagues were very symbolic in terms of the God of Israel being superior to all the Egyptian gods, as each plague represented a specific Egyptian god, and the last plague (killing of the firstborn) was a challenge to all the Egyptian gods.

padfield.com/acrobat/history/gods_of_egypt.pdf

In order to understand temptation to sin, one must go back to the beginning of human history and deeply study the relationship between the first human biblically known as Adam and his Creator.

out of love we have free will.If we did not have free will then we could not love freely

Well the 'snake' has always been around, it never went away (Revelation 12:9), so we can only assume that God had planned to use the snake for the glory of human kind, to choose to be with him or against him (Matthew 12:30), and the same choice remains today for us. Adam and Eve realized they were naked after they had sinned, and this represents the innocence that was lost, and the following dialogue I believe personally was God trying to reconcile humanity to himself, but no one was repenting, and we had Adam blame Eve and Eve blamed the serpent, and so they were cast out of paradise. This is still exactly what happens today, when we do not accept responsibility for our sins, and do not repent, then confess to almighty God, we are cast out of paradise. We can see in Genesis 3:21 God clothes Adam and Eve, and we can say the same for all of humanity, that we are all clothed by God, but now for us to enter into paradise again, we must wash our clothes with the blood of the lamb. Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city."(Douay-Rheims)

thx for this post

lies we tell ourselves: it's Adam's fault that we are here, Eve's fault, the snake's fault. It seems that blaming God bounces the guilt right back; ever tried telling your dad you crashed the car because he lent it to you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.