Why do Catholics distrust Muslims?

As title suggests... Discuss :)

[quote="Peace_of_cake, post:1, topic:260915"]

[/quote]

I didn't know that we did. Perhaps it stems from the crusades for some, but I honestly don't distrust Muslims at all. I think Americans in general do a little bit, however, not just Catholics, seeing as some people struggle to understand that Muslim extremists do not equate to Muslims in general. I think this question is a bit silly, however, as I doubt there are many people on this website who distrust Muslims because of their religion.

[/quote]

You're too funny..... :p

J_How must be pleased with this thread..!!! :D

[quote="jakasaki, post:3, topic:260915"]

[/quote]

Actually I was being bit flip in the other thread. I just hope I am not responsible for launching a thread destined to go down in flames.

Catholics distrust everyone thats not themselves, just look at the posts on Protestant Christians.

Muslims have even less truth than them.

Simply to believe in Abraham's God is to take divine self revelation back 4100 years.

In view of historical events...current or ancient, are there any reasons to trust muslims?..Just askin':shrug:

[quote="jakasaki, post:3, topic:260915"]

[/quote]

:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

[quote="karebear92, post:2, topic:260915"]
I didn't know that we did. Perhaps it stems from the crusades for some, but I honestly don't distrust Muslims at all. I think Americans in general do a little bit, however, not just Catholics, seeing as some people struggle to understand that Muslim extremists do not equate to Muslims in general. I think this question is a bit silly, however, as I doubt there are many people on this website who distrust Muslims because of their religion.

[/quote]

Thanks for you opinion :thumbsup:
The question was simply to invoke a response... And because JHow 'flippantly' (a bit) said to make this thread

[quote="Peace_of_cake, post:7, topic:260915"]
:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

[/quote]

There was a thread a long time ago posted by a muslim poster.

It asked: "why do you hate muslims" - or something like that..

The thread went into thousands of replies until it got so big the Mod's lock it.

This muslim poster never once returned to the thread.

I'll have to go and find it - I've book marked it.

[quote="pismopal, post:6, topic:260915"]
In view of historical events...current or ancient, are there any reasons to trust muslims?..Just askin':shrug:

[/quote]

Depends on which past or present events we're talking about really :)

[/quote]

Some may I suppose, just like anybody from any group you choose may distrust people from any other group. This is a silly question really.

[quote="christosdavid, post:5, topic:260915"]
Catholics distrust everyone thats not themselves, just look at the posts on Protestant Christians.

Muslims have even less truth than them.

Simply to believe in Abraham's God is to take divine self revelation back 4100 years.

[/quote]

I just kicked a puppy this morning.

Protestants, and the other hand, are nice to everyone.

[quote="jakasaki, post:9, topic:260915"]
There was a thread a long time ago posted by a muslim poster.

It asked: "why do you hate muslims" - or something like that..

The thread went into thousands of replies until it got so big the Mod's lock it.

This muslim poster never once returned to the thread.

I'll have to go and find it - I've book marked it.

[/quote]

It'll make interesting reading. I know I probably come across as a pompous a.s.s. (maybe because I am?) but I do like to try and understand... The little people (this last bit is a total joke aimed at my own ridiculousness :) )

[quote="eo_chibears, post:11, topic:260915"]
Some may I suppose, just like anybody from any group you choose may distrust people from any other group. This is a silly question really.

[/quote]

Think you've made a fair point :thumbsup:

[quote="scipio337, post:12, topic:260915"]
I just kicked a puppy this morning.

Protestants, and the other hand, are nice to everyone.

[/quote]

Hehe... Yep I just sucked the blood out of mine :p
Seriously though, why have kafir as a signature... To an Arab it sounds bad, Muslim or otherwise

[/quote]

In a time of peace I would have no problem living with or trusting Muslims.

But in a time of war when extremist followers of Islam justify their religion to make war against its neighbors and western faith's of Christianity. I have a hard time trusting these hardliners who use violence as a means to reach an end, especially when they claim to the faith of Islam to justify their violent actions from their own Koran.

(Koran) Qu’ran – allows its followers to Lie and deceive as a virtue of Islam

Taqiyya = lying against unbelievers is a virtue and a religious duty according to the Qu’ran, Haddith (tradition), Islamic Law(Koran) Qu’ran**

Sura 16:106 Establishes that there are circumstances that can “compel” a Muslim to tell a lie****

Sura 3:28 This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends unless it is to “guard themselves”**

Sura 40:28 A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must “hide his faith” among those who are not believers****

Sura 2:225 “Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths but for the intention in your hearts”

Sura 66:2 “Allah has already ordained you ( O men), the dissolution of your oaths” Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be “compelled” to deceive others for a greater purpose.

Haddith tradition

Bukhari 52:269 The prophet said, “War is deceit” after he murdered Ushayr Ibn Z arim and his 30 unarmed men, by Muhommads men, after he guaranteed them safe passage.

Bukhari 49:857 “He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a Liar, “Lying is Permitted when the end Justifies the Means.

Bukhari 84:64-65 (Speaking from a position of Power) Ali- confirms that “ lying is permissible in order to deceive an enemy”.

Bukhari 52:271 Ka’bbin Al- Ashraf at Muhommads insistence, his men dishonestly gained Ka’bs trust in order to bring him out of hiding, by stating there no longer are Muslims, and then brutally assisinated him.

Islamic law
Reliance of the traveler ( pg. 746) It is obligatory to Lie if the goal is obligatory:

Peace be with you

[/quote]

I do not distrust Muslims. I distrust people who abuse any religion to hurt others.

[quote="Peace_of_cake, post:13, topic:260915"]
It'll make interesting reading. I know I probably come across as a pompous a.s.s. (maybe because I am?) but I do like to try and understand... The little people (this last bit is a total joke aimed at my own ridiculousness :) )

[/quote]

Yup - you do come across as a "pompous...@@@" - and you do know I've ignored many of your replies.. :D

Anyway... I found the thread and it does make an interesting read:

It was titled: why do you hate islam

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=345040

[quote="Peace_of_cake, post:10, topic:260915"]
Depends on which past or present events we're talking about really :)

[/quote]

Lets focus on the historical events that would lead me to trust them...in the interest of being positive. Lets start with current events and work backwards.:rolleyes:

Now... about this thread of yours...

You've locked it to only "Catholics".... :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.