Why do catholics teach they have the fullness of the gospel compared to Christians

Many christian churches teach how to apply the 9 ministry gifts of the holy spirit 1 cor. 12

And teach the 5 fold ministry

And have a communion service and healing ministry services

What makes the Catholic church service better ?

Is this just because they have a better communion service. And are taught to believe in the miracle of a changed wafer. ?

Every church has access to the same scripture.

And as peter said God is not a respector of persons.

What he does for one he will do for another.

The teaching of the authority of the believer is more taught in a Christian church.

With notable results even on utube

What is this fullness taught by catholics?

If every Church has access to the same scriptures, which it does, why do other denominations ignore the scripture where Jesus says this IS My Body, this IS My Blood

I mean its right there, the words of Jesus.

Then explain 5 fold ministry and how those 9 gifts are taught.

Where does St Peter say God is not a respecter of persons?

Are you taking Acts 10 out of context?

YoUtibe has only been around for a few years, explain the last 2000 years

Hello, we are not not Christians. Catholics are the original Christians. But when groups started separating from the Church, labeling began.

Let me ask you another question why did you post this in traditional Catholicism? I think that’s the wrong place for the subject. Also, Catholics ARE Christian

1. The Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
  2. Confected by hands who can trace their hands-on ordination back, in an unbroken line, to one of the Twelve, or to Saint Paul.
  3. Full 73 book bible.
  4. Sacraments through which flow efficacious grace.
  5. Absolute assurance that your sins have been forgiven.
  6. Unbroken history tracing directly to Christ.
  7. The Communion of Saints.
  8. Far too many more to list.

Non-Catholic (except Orthodox) communities are children of rebellious Europeans who fundamentally changed the Gospel. Who attempted to reinvent a divine wheel. Who based their theology on the ego’s opinion of scripture alone - something which our Lord Jesus NEVER taught.

The Catholic Church is the only, one, true Church started by Jesus while he was still with us; all other Christian denominations split away from her and believe a portion of what He taught but not everything. We still have the fullness of truth and the gates of hell ( or Hades or the netherworld…) will not prevail against us; Jesus said so.

Well said!~

Let’s face it. There is a Protestant “buffet of choices” out there even in what was once “mainstream Protestantism.” Just pick your “beliefs” you have on your own and there is a Protestant denomination that can accommodate you.

Sad.

Why not stay with the Church Jesus founded? There is only one.

Mary.

Check this out…
What Was Authentic Early Christian Worship Really Like?

So? Since when are the scriptural misinterpretations of men the standard for Christian belief and practice?

What makes the Catholic church service better ?

Thanks for asking.
How Is A Catholic Saved?
Who REALLY Preaches “A Different Gospel”?
The Eucharist IS Scriptural

Is this just because they have a better communion service. And are taught to believe in the miracle of a changed wafer. ?

See the last link above.

Not necessarily Most n-Cs use an abridged translation of the scriptures and try to tell people that the Bible is the only and ultimate authority for all that Christians believe and practice, yet that is not found anywhere in the Word of God and so violates its own premise and therefore even by its own standards cannot be a correct Christian doctrine.

And as peter said God is not a respector of persons

.So? That simply means that all men are called to salvation…:shrug:

What he does for one he will do for another.

You’ll have to show me that specifically from the Bible and I don’t think you can.

The teaching of the authority of the believer is more taught in a Christian church.

With notable results even on utube

Oh and so the Holy Spirit, which all those thousands of preachers or whatever claim to be led by is now the author of confusion since they really agree on very little even among themselves. Obviously, since the fault cannot be laid on the Holy Spirit then it must be all those men and women preachers and teachers. That’s what the New Testament says in 1st Corinthians doesn’t it?

What is this fullness taught by -]catholics/-]** Catholics**

?See the first 2 links above. Yeah, I actually wrote all that. And if you disagree…so what? That’s my interpretation and how is it less valid that your interpretation?

You’ll get many good answers to your questions, but I’ll just highlight that point above as something that is a major problem.

When you think about it, if the authority of the individual believer is greater than that of the Church, then we would have an endless number of conflicts with one believer saying one thing and the other something else.

Catholics believe that Jesus established one Church not thousands of conflicting denominations.

From the title of your thread are you implying Catholics aren’t Christian? FYI-Catholics are Christian,- in fact, the very first Christians. “Catholic” is an adjective.

Re: why do catholics teach they have the fullness of the gospel compared to ***[Other] *** Christians

[Write a 100 word essay on John 6.]

[Write a 25 word essay on John 6.]

[Write a 10 word essay on John 6.]

1st. Because evangelicals and all other Protestants, have abandoned the Traditions of Jesus Christ.
2nd. Especially the Mass, which is the one sacrifice left for sins. Without it, you are not Christians.
3rd. Evangelicals and Protestants, are Christians in name only. You don’t do what Christ commanded you to do. Therefore, you call yourself Christian, but yo;u’re not.

Keeping the Traditions by word and epistle (2 Thess 2:15).

These include the Mass, the Sacraments, the Communion of Saints, the Ten Commandments and a true understanding of Scripture.

The very fact that Protestants keep a non-biblical doctrine such as sola Scriptura (i.e. bible alone), proves that Protestants do not understand Scripture. If you think that you do, please point to the doctrine of the bible alone, in the bible.

OP, the title of your thread is offensive.

Jesus did not say, “This is a symbol of my body.”

OP, you make a grave tactical error in implying at the start that Catholics are somehow not Christians. You don’t make friends by insulting people.

Many christian churches… have a communion service and healing ministry services. What makes the Catholic church service better? Is this just because they have a better communion service?

You are on to something here. Yes, the Catholic/Orthodox Liturgy is completely different than a Protestant service, largely because the Catholic/Orthodox Churches have a valid priesthood in apostolic succession and a valid Eucharist.

Yes, but you must admit that there are huge differences in how Scripture is interpreted and observed among the many Protestant churches.

The teaching of the authority of the believer is more taught in a [Protestant] Christian church.

Yes, Protestants often teach the “priesthood of all believers” as opposed to ordained clergy. However, the Early Apostolic Church clearly practiced/believed in ordained bishops, priests, and deacons.

The Catholic and Orthodox Churches believe that they are more closely following the model of Christ and His Apostles, at least in terms of Church organization. The Protestant churches were designed by modern men. In terms of personal holiness, of course, individual Protestants may be holier than individual Catholics or Orthodox.

As a Catholic, I am a Christian. I follow Christ. He is God and my Savior, present for real in the Eucharist. If you think Catholics aren’t Christians then I have nothing further to say to you.
Also, if you are such a big Christian, then why do you dismiss His Real Presence? I should think you’d be running to the Catholic Church to visit Him.

Yeah, I was going to suggest they read it and explain the majority of the body of believers has always taken it literally. Then ask if their church does. Why/why not.

:clapping:

PS: We were the first Christians. All other “christian” denoms broke away from us.

Because we are the apostolic Church founded on Christ’s apostles and have preserved their faith.

Whereas nearly all Protestant denominations have abandoned the faith of the apostles and practice a “reconstructed best guess” faith based on only part of what was handed down and which was reconstructed 1500 to 1800 years after Christ walked the Earth.

That is worded a bit harshly, I know, but I’m aiming at a short, snippy post.

To the OP: who put together the canon of the Bible? Do you think it magically fell out of the sky fully bound ?

I would be careful referring to Jesus as a “wafer” and suggest you read some early church history.

Unlike others I take no insult in being distinguished as Catholic apart from others. Even if it had been intended as an insult you unwittingly speak to the Truth. Jesus did not find many churches. He founded One True Church, the Catholic Church.

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. - Matthew 5:14-16

Uh oh…good works? That can’t be right. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.