Why do Catholics....?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would recommend the book why do Catholics genuflect?

I was looking for a book that had all of the whys of our faith, for a protestant friend of mine, nothing too big, but something in one book.

Thanks,
God Bless,
Kaily

look in the library section of CA website…:thumbsup:

or a book titled “Straight Answers” by FR. WILLIAM SAUNDERS

probably best source…catholic-forum.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/189.html

[quote=Kaily]Hi,

I was looking for a book that had all of the whys of our faith, for a protestant friend of mine, nothing too big, but something in one book.

Thanks,
God Bless,
Kaily
[/quote]

St. Paul, in his letter to the Phillipians, said “That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth” (Phil 2:10). If our knee is to bend at his name, how much more at his very presence in the Eucharist.

Has your friend looked in the Bible? From what I have seen in my life Protestants dont understand concepts like “sacred” and “respect”.

Sorry, Maybe I didn’t phrase the question well, My question wasn’t why do Catholics genuflect, that is the name of a book I’ve heard of, I was just wondering if this book is good?
I know why we genuflect, thanks though.
Thanks,
Kaily

Without buying a book, it will describe it here:

home.grigaitis.net/?doc=articles/guide.html

I don’t want to know why we genuflect, I was just looking for a good book explaining our Faith.

Thanks,
Kaily

amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index%3Dstripbooks%26field-keywords%3Dwhy%20do%20catholics%20genuflect%26results-process%3Ddefault%26dispatch%3Dsearch/ref%3Dpd%5Fsl%5Fov%5Ftops-1%5Fstripbooks%5F4370459%5F1/002-9079528-5160051

I haven’t read it my self but the author is Al Kresta so I’d bet it’s pretty good.
images.amazon.com/images/P/1569552436.01.PE25_SCMZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kaily,
LOL, looks like I may be the only one who understands your question! Unfortunately, I have not read that book, so I can’t comment on whether it’s good or not.

It looks like it would be an effective book at explaining the “basics”. However, at only 208 pages, I doubt Why Do Catholics Genuflect? could possible effectively explain all the doctrines and teachings of the church.

One book I can NOT recommend is Why Do Catholics? I found this book to be very dry and boring.

I read the book and enjoyed it. It’s an easy read and touches topics that non-Catholics find difficult. I bought it because I’m Catholic and didn’t know the answer myself. It’s satisfying.

I am reading “Why Do Catholic’s Do That?” by Kevin Orlin Johnson. It seems to be a pretty good book that gives alot of history of why we do the things we do. It is helping me. Another good book is “This is the Faith”. I haven’t read the entire book though, it may be alot harder for non-Catholics to read.

*Why Do Catholics Genuflect * by Al Kresta is a good book – concise and easy to read.

'thann

[quote=Kaily]Hi,

Kaily
[/quote]

I have read it. For me it was a little lite on what I bet your looking for. But it is a quick easy read. I love listening to Al on the radio but as I said It wasn’t what I expected when I read it.

Now I have heard of Catholicism for Dummies. But I haven’t read that yet.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.