Why do LGBT Hate Trump So Much

Why do gay people hate Donald Trump so much?

Here is a news article:
time.com/4672279/donald-trump-transgender-rights/

I wouldn’t say the LGBT people I know dislike him any more than other liberals.

I guess his anti abortion administration truly a setback for their agenda and so they hate him. That’s the first thing I can think of right now.

The article mentions a “transgender” 5 year old. Gee, think the parents have anything to do with that?

I thought news forum thread titles had to match the article cited. The article’s title says transgender Americans feel vulnerable under President Trump. And I read parents are heartbroken and scared for their children. But did I miss the hate part?

I don’t know–maybe they figured it out at a parent-teacher conference. I can’t even.:frowning:

The title states: “WHY DO LGBT HATE TRUMP SO MUCH” not lgbt only ones who hate him.

I would. I can think of at least 25 LGBT friends who despise him far more than others in my life because they are terrified of what he and his SCOTUS appointees could do.

There aren’t any rules anymore. Yippee ki-yay.

Same reason they hate Christianity.

One of my friends is a lesbian who is also a minister in the Presbyterian church. She would readily challenge this generalization about LGBT folks.

See Gracepoole’s post. The last I knew the Catholic Church considers Presbyterians to be Christians. Besides Presbyterian, I have no doubt there are also LGBT believers in other Christian faith communities considered to be so by the Catholic Church, including but not likely limited to TEC, ELCA and UCC. I wouldn’t exactly even be surprised if there are LGBT persons in Catholic pews who don’t “hate” Christianity.

Let me ask you just two questions.

1. Have you read the Bible?

2. Do you know anything of the history of Christianity?

Because if you knew you would know that gay people have more than enough reasons to “hate” Christianity.

Let me refresh your memory. The God your worship gave a direct order of genocide of gay people (kill any who is found to be gay) to his followers. And Christians persecuted gays in the most vile manner for more than thousand years.Can you even imagine that? What kind of damage this caused? We are not talking here about bakers and florists. Nope. We are talking here about being burned alive, being executed and tortured, being thrown into prisons.

Honestly, why should gays like Christianity? Because now you can’t execute, torture and throw them into prisons anymore? Well, thank you, I guess

But , hey, you have found other ways of doing harm to these people. Good for you.

Have you?

1. Do you know anything of the history of Christianity?

Discuss issues, not accounts.

Because if you knew you would know that gay people have more than enough reasons to “hate” Christianity.

No one has any justified reason to hate.

Let me refresh your memory. The God your worship gave a direct order of genocide of gay people (kill any who is found to be gay) to his followers. And Christians persecuted gays in the most vile manner for more than thousand years.Can you even imagine that? What kind of damage this caused? We are not talking here about bakers and florists. Nope. We are talking here about being burned alive, being executed and tortured, being thrown into prisons.

There is no order of genocide, but if you are talking about the Old Testament, I suggest discussing that with the Jews. We follow the New Testament AND natural law :tada:

Actually, the Catholic Church in many instances shielded gays from persecution.

And the past mistakes of Christians do NOT justify the persecution of bakers and florists.

Honestly, why should gays like Christianity? Because now you can’t execute, torture and throw them into prisons anymore? Well, thank you, I guess

Those actions were unjust.

A comment more suited for radical Islam. But I won’t take bets it’ll show on one of their forums. :dts: :nope:

But , hey, you have found other ways of doing harm to these people. Good for you.

Actually, Christianity by definition involves not harming others. :thumbsup:

I think it has less to do with Trump (whom I think is not all that interested in LGBT issues one way or the other) and more to do with the fact a Republican is in office. LGBT people experienced unprecedented freedoms under the last administration and since a Democrat wasn’t elected this past term, they fear many of their hard fought victories will be scaled back.

Then they’re idiots. Trump hasn’t done or said anything to suggest he is going to try and take rights away from LGBT.

You mean except making Pence VP?

:thumbsup:

Yep, unless they become terrorists and start killing people in their fight against the President. Then they may be banned. Otherwise I think they are allowed to live their lives as usual. Of course, no federal fund for them to get them to abort their babies.

I admit I haven’t seen any official numbers but I don’t think gays and lesbians are big users of abortion services anyway.

They are also idiots if they think Pence will be dictating policy to Trump.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.