Why do murderers exist?

Why do murderers etc exists? How can murder happen?
How to deal with the reality of current world, which is cruel, when you’re having catholic beliefs?

I think the existence of them, murderers, are contradicting against Christians beliefs. How can the creation of the loving God murder the another creation of the loving God?

Why did God allow them to become like them? How did they want to become murderer, by fresh, or by spirit?

If there is no God we all are going to die and presumably cease to exist. Murder would just be a part of life.

We’re animals after all.

2 Likes

The reason that people murder isn’t any different than the reason that people lie or steal. We’re sinful creatures, and though the basic moral law is written on the hearts of all, not everyone heeds it. God allows us to go against Him so that we can make our own choice- for better or worse- to accept Him or reject Him.

Human beings have free will.

3 Likes

That’s it right there.

Why do free will of the victims got ignored?

You mean why do killers exist?
Murderer here is merely a legal term…only God can judge whether a killer is also a murderer.

Killers exist. That is just a fact of life that cannot be disputed.
A religion that cannot accomodate this reality is a poor religion.

I have never found Catholicism to have difficulty with this reality. Why do you believe that is so?
I suggest the problem is more likely a poor understanding of Catholic teaching.

Another free will thread.

Free will.
God loves. Love only exists in freedom. God gives us free will. We abuse it.
End of story.

1 Like

Perhaps you have not realised another fact of human existence…we are all connected whether we like it or not.

You can affect others for good or for evil and there is nothing they can do about it. Others can effect you for good or evil and there is nothing you can do about it.

If there was a possible world where this fact of life didnt work what a lonely miserable existence it would be.
This has nothing to do with religion…it is just a fact of life like stealing, killing, having babies and giving Xmas presents.

Which do you choose…to promote life or death?
I choose to promote life, thats why I am Christian.
You seem to have everything upside down as if God is to blame or Christianity is “wrong”.

Why Did God give them the spirit that chose to do murder by free will? Or the devil gave them a spirit?

They can exercise their free will to try to commit murder, but why doesn’t God thwart them? The attempted murderer can still be punished by God for his intent, but the intended victim is spared.

This is the fruit of sin and Evil. Jesus said of Satan:

“… the devil… was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44

God did not give them a “spirit that chose to murder”.

You seem to understand neither spirit nor free will.

What makes you think they are? Every human being has the freedom to choose to be with God for eternity.

One never knows, however, if one might be the victim of a crime or a terrible accident, so it behooves one not to delay making the decision.

"If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is lurking at the door; its desire is for you, but you must master it.” Genesis 4:7

When human freedom is not bound to God, which is the state of separation from Him that the doctrine of Original Sin tells us we’re all born into, then any and all possibilities can and will result given enough time. Man was made for communion with God. He’s lost, dead, unaware of it and maybe doesn’t much care unless he begins to sense that something’s wrong.

This world, as it is, is not God’s best intention. It’s the way things are when man is radically free, and the Master’s gone away, so to speak. It’s the world where we can decide for ourselves how much we like having no God, for all practical purposes, to control things at least in the moral sphere.

Why did God give you life, when at the end of it all you will die? Seems cruel doesn’t it? Are you the victim of cruelty because you will die someday?

Do you have children? Do you lock them in their rooms so they can’t do anything wrong or get hurt? I hope not…Would that be love?

I am sorry, I do not understand your question.

We each have free will. I can be kind to my co-workers or I can be evil to them. It is my choice.

Free will or evil is not some sort of disassociated spirit that jumps into and out of people. It is part of our human reason. We choose to do good or to do evil.

There is a cake in the fridge, it was baked for your sister’s birthday. You can choose to save the cake for the party (do good) or to smash the cake on the floor (do evil). You make the choice.

Because people have free will. Sometimes, people abuse that free will.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.