Why do Muslims Accept Muhammad as prophet?

I mean, they had to to excuse his factually recorded act of pedophilia as written in their islamic hadiths (authoritative islamic book of Bukhari) and instead put the blame as ‘culturally practised pedohilia’ which none of them can prove was really practised back then.

They had to excuse his lying to the quaryish tribesmen (Ishaq 166) as a moment of weakness, and they had to excuse his jumping at a common eclipse as humanly fear and some of them even blame instead muhammad’s adopted son for marrying muhammad’s wife first before passing her to muhammad (as requested by islam’s allah which only muhammad could see/hear)

And after excusing the man for all these ‘failures’ they elevate him to prophethood status.

I mean, no offence but what’s the logic? Why accept (if we view it purely on the facts of the case) an otherwise shamefully self-justified sinner as greatest prophet???

See this:

muslimsopenyoureyes.blogspot.com

:rolleyes:

I don’t understand it myself. And I doubt pracitising Muslims even give it a thought. To them Mohammad was a prophet sent by Allah to be His mouthpiece to mankind and his sins were simply “mistakes” easily forgiven by Allah because Allah told him to do whatever he pleased. It makes no sense to you and I but for some reason it makes utter sense to them.

Peace and blessings to All.

I suppose that’s why islamists are told to just ‘SUBMIT’ and islam means submission. Cos if they started questioning, they would realize how much trouble they’re getting themselves into.

PS. The name of God is Yahweh. NOT allah which is a name given by the islamic deity. The arabic noun for the word ‘god’ is ILAH.

In order for Christians to really understand why Muslims accept the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and his teachings, I would suggest that Christians should try praying in the manner that the Lord Himself wants His servants to worship Him i.e. the way how the Biblical Prophets (peace be upon them all) themselves prayed to their Lord.

Genesis 17:3 "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,"

Genesis 17:17 "Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?"

Exodus 34:8 "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped."

Numbers 16:20-22 "And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?"

Joshua 5:14 "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?"

Ezekiel 9:8 "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?"

2 Chronicles 20:18 "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD."

Ezekiel 11:13 "And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?"

Matthew 17:6 "And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."

Matthew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

I would suggest that they try praying to seek guidance from their Lord in this manner for a spell in the privacy of their homes, preferably in the direction of Jerusalem if they like and I would also suggest that they do this immediately after they have taken their bath.

I feel that the main reason why Christians find it so hard to understand Muslim beliefs is because they are reluctant to prostrate to the Lord and therefore I am confident that after praying in this manner, Christians would then be able to understand, God willing, why Muslims readilly accept the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as the Messenger of God and why we thank the Lord every single day of our lives that He has sent him to us as a mercy for all of humankind.

“We have sent you (O Muhammad) not, but as a mercy for the Alameen (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).”[al-Qur’an, surat Al-Anbiya’, (Verse 107)]

Not this again Hamba :rolleyes:

The thread topic is:

Why do Muslims Accept Muhammad as prophet?

**NOT **how to teach Chistians how to pray. And why are you quoting our “corrupted” Bible again?

Why do Muslims Accept Muhammad (pbuh) as prophet?

A major reason is because we are NOT reluctant to prostrate to the Lord.

That is why I am not too surprised that Christians have a hard time understanding this concept.

Hamba2han: QUIT TELLING CHRISTIANS HOW TO PRAY. :mad:

You were informed after the last time you rudely brought this up that Christians DO prostrate before the Lord. I do it myself sometimes. I know other Christians that do. In fact, it is very common in most forms of non-western Christianity.

Many Eastern Christians do prostrations during prayer. Oddly enough this doesn’t help them believe that Mohammed is a prophet. So that’s obviously incorrect, what else do you have?

Sing along to the music of mr sandman…

Mr. Spamman, bring me a club (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make him stop spamming before i scream (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Hamba, need i remind you, us Christians KNOW how to pray to God.
We are they ones that pray to God, not worship a big black rock!

I’m a lifelong Catholic, and on many occasions I have “prostrated” myself and prayed to God, begged for mercy, asked for guidance and worshiped. I have even done so in front of the blessed Sacrament.

Never once has God interrupted my prayers and shown me why Muslims do anything they do.

Maybe it’s me?

:smiley:

They worship Mohammed too. When a person is to be killed for discussing Mohammed and his bad deeds that is an indication they worship that man. They HAVE to woship him and be fearful of him as if he were a god because Mohammed put himself alongside their Allah.

Hadith B1,7,331 Muhammad: “I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me:

1. Allah made me victorious by awe, by His frightening my enemies for a distance of one month’s journey.
  2. The earth has been made for me and my followers a place for praying and a place to perform rituals; therefore, anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
  3. The spoils of war has been made lawful for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
    4. I have been given the right of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.
  4. Every prophet used to be sent to his nation only, but I have been sent to all mankind.”

They are afraid for their souls redemption if they didn’t worship him.

And some of it is a matter of labels. They put the label of wife on children, even as young as 1 year old, and that makes whatever they do to that child ok. Mohammed labeled sin and holiness, or I should say relabeled them from what Judaism and Christianity look on as sin and holiness.

As for someone bringing up the way they pray and trying to tell someone else to pray like them or else they are not legitimate, well that is just pure arrogance. The one thing that I always remember about that so called ‘legitimate’ prayer is that it is all for naught if a woman, a donkey or if someone passes gas passes in front of them. So, according to a religion, a god creates the woman and a donkey and then that god can’t stand them? And a god creates a gullet that sometimes gets gassy and then it is put off by that gas?

Since most Muslims don’t read their own Koran in their own language, or are told they can think and ask questions, they don’t know a lot about him.

Christians should not view prostration to the Lord as a kind of “ritual” that is done only on special occasions… sort of like preparing a turkey dinner for Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Question is --> Would Christians really want to prepare a turkey dinner every day of the year??

I don’t think they would want to do this and this is really the point that I am alluding to here i.e. Would Christians really WANT to prostrate to the Lord every time they pray?.. and if they say ‘Yes’, what exactly is stopping them from doing so?

Anyhow, judging from the responses to my earlier post, their answer is clearly ‘No’, they are indeed reluctant to prostrate to the Lord on a regular basis.

And if someone is reluctant to prostrate to their Lord (and this includes some nominal Muslims unfortunately), then they are not likely to understand why Muslims readily accept the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as our leader.

The two are completely unrelated, though. It has been pointed out to you that eastern Christians prostrate themselves in prayer, yet they do not accept Muhammad as a prophet. You’re going to have to do a better job of explaining yourself than just repeating the same disconnected argument.

Is this true!?

Questions ------------------------>What the hell has the custom preparing turkey for Christmas dinners got to do with Christianity? You are talking nonsense Hamba and have been soundly refuted on this point about prostration many times.

Hindus and Sikths also practise prostration, don’t see them converting to Islam in mass numbers either do we?

I suggest before you use examples such as turkey Christmas dinners you research how Christmas is celebrated worldwide in Christianity, perhaps when you have done this you open a thread on it instead of playing at diversionary tactics here instead of answering the question the OP posed.

Hamba,

I will willingly take the bait, because in my case it is true. Every single day in my prayers, I indeed DO prostrate myself before God, my creator and the ultimate power of the universe. I lay prostrate, head to the ground, in appreciation of how great God is and how small I am. Yet, nothing has been revealed to me regarding Islam or it’s prophet. Please explain further? Thank you.

Peace and blessings,
Frank

And what makes you a judge how other people should worship, or not worship? To be that kind of a judge is what you guys call shirk. To put yourself alongside your god to judge others in how they pray, or not pray. And that would be another topic for another thread on how often Mohammed committed shirk. In his self-proclamation of being perfection, he committed shirk by saying this: ‘I have been given the right of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.’ Hadith Bukhari 1,7,331

I would say that is a guy with a bloated sense of self. The rest of the self assertion is a real kicker. I will post it just for grins:

Hadith B1,7,331 Muhammad: “I have been given five things which were not given to anyone else before me:

1. Allah made me victorious by awe, by His frightening my enemies for a distance of one month’s journey.
  2. The earth has been made for me and my followers a place for praying and a place to perform rituals; therefore, anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
  3. The spoils of war has been made lawful for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
  4. I have been given the right of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.
  5. Every prophet used to be sent to his nation only, but I have been sent to all mankind.”

Watch the video in my signature. yes, it is true and it is disgusting. on mahomattube.com there is a video that goes into it even more - I can’t find it right now.

It is ironic that Muslims start blasting others for pediphilia especially when it is an abhorent act in our society and we prosecute people for it while in Islam they celebrate it with marriages, parents give their daughters willingly to old men. Mohammed thighed Aisha until she was 9 years old.

The whole thing is just disgusting and that is the guy they hold up as the perfect man.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.