Why do Muslims not embrace Bahá'u'lláh as their prophet?

[. Humanity is understood to be involved in a process of collective evolution, and the need of the present time is for the gradual establishment of peace, justice and unity on a global scale.

The Bahá’í Faith

Religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the peopleMuhammad**In Bahá’í belief, each messenger taught of the next, and Bahá’u’lláh’s life and teachings fulfill the end-time promises of previous scriptures**](“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá’í_Faith”)

Bahá’ís continue to be persecuted in Islamic countries, especially Iran, where over 200 believers were executed between 1978 and 1998. The marginalization of the Iranian Bahá’ís by current governments is rooted in historical efforts by Shi`a clergy to persecute the religious minority. When the Báb started attracting a large following, the clergy hoped to stop the movement from spreading by stating that its followers were enemies of God, and these led to mob attacks and public executions. Starting in the twentieth century, in addition to repression that impacted individual Bahá’ís, centrally-directed campaigns that targeted the entire Bahá’í community and institutions were initiated. In one case in Yazd in 1903 more than 100 Bahá’ís were killed. Later on Bahá’í schools, such as the Tarbiyat boys’ and girl’s schools in Tehran, were closed in the 1930s and '40s, Bahá’í marriages were not recognized and Bahá’í texts were censored.

During the reign of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, due to the growing nationalism and the economic difficulties in the country, the Shah gave up control over certain religious affairs to the clergy of the country. This resulted in a campaign of persecution against the Bahá’ís. They approved and coordinated the anti-Bahá’í campaign to incite public passion against the Bahá’ís started in 1955 and included the spreading of anti-Bahá’í propaganda in national radio stations and official newspapers
. In the late 1970s the Shah’s regime, due to criticism that he was pro-Western, consistently lost legitimacy. As the anti-Shah movement gained ground and support, revolutionary propaganda was spread that some of the Shah’s advisors were Bahá’ís. Bahá’ís were portrayed as economic threats, supporters of Israel and the West and popular hatred for the Bahá’ís increased.

Islam borrowed Judaeo-Christian teachings and traditions and went further by claiming Mohammad is its last Messenger from God. Islam went even further by claiming Jesus was merely a prophet, and denied His crucifixion ever took place.

[LEFT]They have misrepresented Biblical Judaism and Christianity through the Qur’an. I see the birth of the Bahai faith as Islam’s major apostasy. Perhaps a tit-for-tat implication of what was to come for those who distort scriptures - subjecting themselves to their own destruction.

The Qur’an wishes for People of the Book to convert to Mohammad’s religion. Muslims praise their prophet and claim he is God’s final prophet - the seal of prophets.

The Bahai faith was borne out of Islam - so how can that be? Since Bahá’u’lláh was a Muslim himself, why do Muslims disregard his claims and not embrace him as their prophet, as they did with Mohammad?
[/LEFT]

0 Likes

I would like to see what Muslims have to say on this. I know Muslims loathe the Bahai’s and rarely talk about it.

0 Likes

No willing Muslim to step up to the plate i see. :wink:

0 Likes

Muslim Woman? planten? Americanrevert? Sister Amy? rationally?/aaranjo?

:shrug::confused::shrug:

0 Likes

Because his claims contradict what is written in the Qur’an that the prophet muhammad (s) was the seal of all prophets. That is to say no more porophets after him.

Qur’an 33:40 "Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.’

further more, it is our belief that God notified all the prophets of the past from Adam to Jesus (as) of Muhammad’s (s) comming and took a covenant with them to believe in him and his decendants upto the mahdi who will restore Justice, equality, and peace to the land

0 Likes

Bahá’u’lláh also claimed to have revelations from God. Why should Muslims be offended by Bahá’u’lláh’s claims, since Mohammad himself claimed to be the Last Seal? Despite knowing Jesus came before him and warned us of false prophets. What if Mohammad was wrong and Bahá’u’lláh right?

0 Likes

Because Bahá’u’lláh was unable to enforce his claims by military conquest which Muhammed was.

0 Likes

hehehe

Muhammad(pbuh) was the Last Prophet, that’s why.

Duh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or for a more serious answer–there was a man at the time of Muhammad (pbuh) who also claimed to be a prophet with revelation. He was a liar. Muhammad had proof of his prophethood, and his proof says he is the last.

0 Likes

No he didn’t. He had a book he himself dictated to his scribes that said he was this and that. How is that not the most circular proof imaginable? (That is to say, NOT proof at all!)

To pre-empt the inevitable “What about the Bible? Where is the proof for it?” reply, I’ll say that in the orthodox Christian tradition, the Bible itself is NOT treated as the Muslims treat the Quran. We do not say that the Bible itself is the proof of its own claims, rather that it is the compilation of what we believe to be true about the nature of God, the fate of humanity, and everything else of which it speaks. But, as I’m sure Muslims love to point out thinking that they are “proving” it false, the Bible did not exist as we know it until sometime after the death and resurrection Christ. It was compiled by the One True Church (before the Orthodox/R. Catholic split, when there were just Catholics and everyone else), which is God’s Church, which He himself promised to protect. Because we believe in Jesus’ words, we believe that the Bible is true. This is exactly the same as the position of the Muslims, who believe in the Quran because they believe Muhammad’s words. So, in this respect, you have the exact same “proof” as we do, yet you insist that our book is corrupt and your book is its own proof just because you have it in roughly the same condition as it was when it was first compiled (by committee of sorts, just like our book), after all divergent copies and fragments were ordered to be burned! :doh2:

0 Likes

I was married to an Iranian (not a green card marriage, thank you very much…) who grew up in the Bahai faith and whose father was in the Shah’s government. According to him and his friends, the Bahai were also persecuted out of resentment because the people with power and money in Iran at the time of the Shah were primarily Bahai. True? Or a subjective over-simplification?

0 Likes

Yes, we’ve yet to see this much vaunted “proof.”

His proof against Maslamah (to whom I think you are refering) was Abu Bakr’s sword. Abu Bakr, according to your sources, swore that he would extract as much as a sandle strap from whomsoever gave it to Muhammad.

0 Likes

No, the ruling classes have all been Twelvers since the Safavids. The Bahai’s were easy targets because it was thought they had no powerful correligionists abroad, like the Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians did, to stick up for them. Also, they are seen as apostates, persecuting them shored up the regime’s Muslim credentials in the eyes of the Traditional masses. The Baha’is, because of their work ethic, emphasis on modern education, etc. did have a disporportionate percentage of the better classes.

0 Likes

Isn’t this a bit like asking why Christians aren’t all Mormons? After all, Mormonism grew out of Christianity.

Or similar to asking why Jews aren’t Christian since, after all, Christianity grew out of Judaism.

0 Likes

That percisely why it is being asked, as Muslims use that line of “reasoning” to claim Christians should/do accept Muhammad.

0 Likes

Islam borrowed Judaeo-Christian teachings and traditions and went further by claiming Mohammad is its last Messenger from God. Islam went even further by claiming Jesus was merely a prophet, and denied His crucifixion ever took place.

They have misrepresented Biblical Judaism and Christianity through the Qur’an. I see the birth of the Bahai faith as Islam’s major apostasy. Perhaps a tit-for-tat implication of what was to come for those who distort scriptures - subjecting themselves to their own destruction.

The Qur’an wishes for People of the Book to convert to Mohammad’s religion. Muslims praise their prophet and claim he is God’s final prophet - the seal of prophets.

The Bahai faith was borne out of Islam - so how can that be? Since Bahá’u’lláh was a Muslim himself, why do Muslims disregard his claims and not embrace him as their prophet, as they did with Mohammad?

Amazing.

In Islam, it is stated that there will be a division of 73 sects. In Christianity, 72, in Judaism 71.

In Islam, there is only one correct way and that is those who follow Allah, His Message and Mohammad, sallaAllahu 'alayhi wa sellem~His last and final messenger.

Those that figure and make their own separate belief from what is known, they are the losers and are not of the correct aqeeda (belief). They are misguided and shayton has them in his grip.

Muslims do not take your words as truth Cathopologist. You are lying against Muslims and Islam.

Allah states that there is only One God and Mohammad is the last messenger and servant of God.

Nothing was stolen from Judaism or Christianity…(amazin when yall can’t even find the true book of Jesus you put forth this claim). The Quran isn’t a guessbook of details taken from other religions. This book is CLAIMED BY GOD HIMSELF. not by man, not by Mohammad (sws).

Allah states that Mohammad sws is the last messenger. So to take any other after him would be a lie and of course, disbelief.

*The Quran is there as a warner for mankind and a MERCY. A Prevention and a Cure. It is for the understanding. * Once hearing about Islam, it is upon you to take matters into your own hands and search for the truth. No one is forcing anyone to accept. Look at the chapter in the Quran about the man called Abu Lahab. Allah stated in the Quran that he will not believe and he had all the time he was alive and knowing about this verse to believe, but he did not. Islam gives man the altimatum. You either believe it or you don’t. Simple as that.

Allah does not guide those who are rebellious and into wrongdoing.

americanrevert**

0 Likes

Another fact some posters here may find interesting:

The Koran uses two different words while referring to messengers: NABI and RASUL. Although Mohammad is addressed throughout the Koran as RASUL, the verse designating him as the SEAL of the PROPHETS reads in the original language HATEMINNABIYYAN rather than HATEMINRASULAN. This uncanny usage has caused confusion and controversy among Muslim scholars since the day the Koran was canonised. :rolleyes:

0 Likes

0 Likes

It leaves him to be a prophet of the morning star:

How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.(Isaiah 14:12-14).

0 Likes

If you read Bahaullah’s book, you will “know” it is from Allah since he cannot bring such wisdom from himself or others; therefore the Quran and hadith are “corrupt”:wink:

0 Likes

Why someone thinks its hard to bring such a book after 23 years!!!
Muhammed took 23 years in his claimed revelation, so he had time to hear such wisdom from here and there.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.