Why Do Some Ask Stupid Questions?

Why is it that some posters ask stupid questions?

There is no such thing as a stupid question!

[quote=contemplative]There is no such thing as a stupid question!

[/quote]

This might change your mind:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=54262

:stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, the irony of this question!

Dear Exporter,
You are a genius, my friend!!! Your choices are well thought out and superbly written! I think you deserve a Pulitzer Prize!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:rotfl:

[quote=porthos11]This might change your mind:

[/quote]

Hi Exporter,:slight_smile:

In all Christian charity, I have to say…

Apart from the few who deliberately go out of their way to be obtuse or critical; I should imagine, the vast majority may not see their posts as stupid, or they would not have posted them, lest they get ridiculed…
I myself, (as you have seen), have posted things in haste and they have not come out as I wished, in hindsight, but it doesn’t make them any less valid. The same goes for the rest. We can’t all be literary genius’, and we don’t all grasp things at the same speed.
A few probing questions will often clarify a seemingly non-sensical post; if not, however, I would suggest telling the person you are not sure of their question / meaning, or avoid it altogether.

Peace be with you, and those whom you love:)

To elicit stupid responses, of course. Geez.

No, I don’t mean the responses before mine. I mean mine. I’m being silly. No offense intended.

All I can say is, I’m glad someone had the courage and clarity of thinking to pose such an excellent question, and offer such well thought out choices. Exporter, you are something else. I admire you wholeheartedly. Have you ever considerd becoming a professional poll writer??? :cool:

Give some specific examples of stupidity. :cool:

Annunciata,
Did you notice the utter excellence in Exporter’s choices on this poll? I’ve always liked the guy. I know he seems like a reactionary machoman at times, but inside he is a deeply spiritual man of superior intellect, and writer of highest caliber. :thumbsup:

[quote=WhiteDove]All I can say is, I’m glad someone had the courage and clarity of thinking to pose such an excellent question, and offer such well thought out choices. Exporter, you are something else. I admire you wholeheartedly. Have you ever considerd becoming a professional poll writer??? :cool:
[/quote]

For Whom The Bell Tolls. WHITE DOVE , as the two men who advertize bottled beer on television said," Just Marvelous!" Was that what they said?

White Dove and all you other wonderful people who responded I have an announcement. White Dove may be another Mark Twain!

The announcement is: Tomorrow I will make a confession to you all. I will clarify this poll that I posted. Dont touch that dial!

I wait with bated breath – er, fingers.

Patience as it is tomorrow :wink: . As long as the questions are sincere, there aren’t stupid questions. Hence my signature. :smiley: Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=porthos11]This might change your mind:

[/quote]

I will agree with Contemplative: there is no such thing as a stupid question. Unless the questioner is deliberately trying to get laughed at, there is a serious desire for information or enlightenment–as well as an excellent dose of very healthy humility–behind any question.

My quintessential example of a question that may sound stupid but is not is to the help line of a cake mix manufacturer: “Your recipe says to add a quarter-cup of oil. Is 10W-40 okay?” The questioner simply doesn’t have the detailed knowledge of kitchen matters that many people have. But the question isn’t stupid.

• Liberian

08:00 Hours Sunday. , I will wait until after 9:00AM Mass to post the TRUTH about this Poll. White Dove and all of you other Deep Thinkers check in in about 4 hours for a revalation ( with a small “r”.)
:tiphat: :slight_smile: :tiphat:

Umm … are we supposed to answer even if we have a different answer?

[quote=Liberian]I will agree with Contemplative: there is no such thing as a stupid question. Unless the questioner is deliberately trying to get laughed at, there is a serious desire for information or enlightenment–as well as an excellent dose of very healthy humility–behind any question.

My quintessential example of a question that may sound stupid but is not is to the help line of a cake mix manufacturer: “Your recipe says to add a quarter-cup of oil. Is 10W-40 okay?” The questioner simply doesn’t have the detailed knowledge of kitchen matters that many people have. But the question isn’t stupid.

• Liberian
    [/quote]

Of course that’s stupid. Everybody knows the proper viscosity needed for such a cake is 20W-50! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: 10W-40 is synthetic, so it violates Natural Law :smiley:

Consider yourself chastised. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.