Why do some people say the Novus Ordo mass is not valid?

Some people say the Novus Ordo is not Catholic. They say it is a radical departure from Tradition, based on the Jewish Seder meal and formulated with the help of Protestant clergymen. People have told me that Protestants find the sacrificial language of the “true Mass” VERY objectionable. Lex orandi, lex credendi. That means that the law of prayer is the law of belief. They say that you believe the way you pray, so the new Protestant mass inculcates a new religion, a false religion. Some people think it’s the “desolation of abomination” spoken of by Our Lord. This person also said, “St. Pius V said that if anyone dared to change the Missal as he codified it, anytime in the future, he would incur the wrath of Sts. Peter and Paul and of God. The new mass is a totally new creation. The Church was infiltrated by the enemies before Vatican II, which was an abomination all by itself, and those enemies achieved their objectives in great measure, and it has only gotten worse since then.” Somehow it correlates with Fatima, but I don’t know how. What do you think?

The following link should help answer your question about the Novus Ordo. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

How can I help my husband see that Vatican II was not a false council?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.