WHY do you [if you do?] think the RCC is not the One true Church founded by Christ?

Dear friend in Christ;

If you hold to the position that the RCC is NOT the one true Chuch founded and desired by Christ, please explain why this is?

God Bless you

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

Would you mind going into detail by what you mean by one true church and what benefits you hope to gain by being a member of the one true church.  Jesus said many times that we will be judged in the same way we judge others.

Some have objected to the Inquisition and the burning at the stake.

Jesus Christ, who is God, came to earth and founded a Church. Since God is the creator of the universe, and we His creations, we are obligated to worship Him.

Therefore, we ought to pursue the true faith that Christ gave to us, so that we can more perfectly do God’s will and hopefully attain everlasting life.

I think the RCC is not the one true Church because I reject the idea that the Pope has a universal jurisdiction, ability to define doctrine without council that is binding for the church and has a general universal supremacy.

The one true Church can be found in the local church as well as the universal church.

You say that the “one true Church” can be found in the local church.

What if there are two local churches which have differing doctrines? Are they both the “true” church?

If not, who gets to decide which one is true? In other words, what authority is there to show us the true Divine Law?

The Eastern Orthodox say that they are the one, true Church, because they have not changed the original Nicene Creed which did not contain the filioque clause.

The one true church is the universal church of all believers. The alternative to this view is a sort of theological elitism whereby we all say our church is the “true” church and all others are not churches at all. Which is a divisive and unreasonable attitude. All Christians are part of the one true church of God.

I would maybe phrase this differently. Such as, all believers are part of the one true Church of God.

The alternative to this view is a sort of theological elitism whereby we all say our church is the “true” church and all others are not churches at all. Which is a divisive and unreasonable attitude. All Christians are part of the one true church of God.

Churches which are in an imperfect Communion with the Universal Church are divided against His Eucharist. The Orthodox Churches have the least division among these, to the point where there is a common and true Eucharist. Inter Communion of Catholics and Orthodox is permitted under certain circumstances.

The goal of the Christian, should be Communion together.

Hello Patrick,

Would you mind going into detail by what you mean by one true church and what benefits you hope to gain by being a member of the one true church. Jesus said many times that we will be judged in the same way we judge other

Wow. That’s nailing it! Thanks:)

1st. Are you aware that CAF limits the size of Post? I will be more brief than I’d really like to be,

Logically there can and therefore is only:

[1] One True God

Deut 4:35 “That thou might know that the Lord he is God, and there is no other besides him”

**[2] One true Faith **[for even God cannot hold differing and even at times contradictory faith beliefs, as TRUTH can only be singular per defined issue

**Eph. 4: 4-7 “ One body [MEANS 1 CHURCH & FAITH] and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling. One Lord, one faith, [ONLY ONE TRUE SET OF FAITH BELIEFS] one baptism. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all. But to every one of us is given grace, [MEANING HERE RIGHT UNDERSTANDING] according to the measure of the giving of Christ

**[3] & One true Church **

Desired, protected, founded and fully guided Church, [no church can be separated from its own set of faith beliefs]

** Mt. 16: 18 **“And I say to THEE: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build MY Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against IT. [note the singular tense words]

Mt.28: 19-20 “ Going therefore, teach YOU all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded YOU: and behold I am with YOU all days, even to the consummation of the world.

AS TO THE BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER OF THE ONE TRUE CHURCH; THERE ARE MANY, THESE ARE A FEW OF THEM

1. B]Because the RCC is the only Church & faith actually desired and founded directly by Jesus Christ, & is the only fully guided and PROTECTED church.

Mt. 28:20 “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded YOU: and behold I am with** YOU **all days, even to the consummation of the world”

**Jn 17: 17-20 **“Sanctify THEM in truth. Thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, I also have sent THEM into the world. And for THEM do I sanctify myself, that THEY also may be sanctified IN [MY] TRUTH. And not for THEM only do I pray, but for them also who through **THEIR WORD **shall believe in me

1. The RCC churches are the only churches that have the seven sacraments; all instituted by JC, both validly and licitly. This means that Catholics [and Orthodox] actually HAVE Jesus /GOD ****** Really, Truly and Substantially in our midst; further that we have the only KNOWN [assured] means for forgiveness of sins***** [as the NORM], as Christ desired.**

**1st. Cor 11: 23-30 “For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread. And giving thanks, broke, and said: Take YOU, and eat: this is my body, which shall be delivered for you: this do for the commemoration of me. In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the New Testament in my blood: this do YOU, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me. For as often as you shall eat this bread, and drink the chalice, you shall shew the death of the Lord, until he come. Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of the chalice. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you, and many sleep. [HERE MEANS ETERNAL DAMNATION]

]* **Jn 20:19-23 “Jesus came and stood in THEIR MIDST, and said toTHEM: Peace be to YOU. He said therefore to THEM again: Peace be to YOU. As the Father hath sent me, I ALSO SEND YOU. [22] When he had said this, he breathed on THEM and he said to THEM Receive YOU the Holy Ghost. [23] Whose sins YOU shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins YOU shall retain, they are retained [God can do ANY “good thing”]

1. Because the sacraments are a means and a source of God’s grace, having rightful access to them gives Catholics & Orthodox a HUGE advantage, and edge in meriting heaven.

GRACE is a free gift from God, and NORMALLY God alone determines when to OFFER it; but through the seven sacraments, man is given the unique opportunity to initiate the FLOW of God’s grace which is still dependent upon God as to the amount of grace, which depends on the worthy administration and reception of the Sacraments. This is a HUGE and critically important factor.

1. Because God can only have one TRUE set of faith beliefs, and it resides in ** its fullness** only within the RCC’s we have the “inside track” on knowing and therefore being ABLE to accept, live and practice, God’s truths, with all of the benefits of doing so

2. One cannot over emphasis the importance of having God actually and Really in our midst; and the sacrament of KNOWN forgiveness of our sins GOD”S TAUGHT WAY.

3. So this then is a summary reply to your great questions.

God Bless you,
Patrick

There is a logical explanation for this which I will not NOW enter into so we stay on topic:)

GBY

AMEN, Thank you:thumbsup:

GBY

:slight_smile: OK and you do so at the risk of denying what Christ Ordained:

[1] Mt 10: 1-8
1] And having called his twelve disciples together, he gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of diseases, and all manner of infirmities. [2] And the names of the twelve apostles are these: The first, Simon who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, [3] James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, Philip and Bartholomew, Thomas and Matthew the publican, and James the son of Alpheus, and Thaddeus, [4] Simon the Cananean, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. [5] **These twelve Jesus sent: commanding **them, saying: Go ye not into the way of the Gentiles, and into the city of the Samaritans enter ye not. [6] But go ye rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. [7] And going, preach, saying: The kingdom of heaven is at hand. [8] Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out devils: freely have YOUreceived, freely give"

[2] Mt 16:18-19
[18] And I say TO THEE That thou art Peter; and upon [YOU PETER / THIS ROCK I will build MY CHURCH [SINGULAR[ and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. [19] And I will give to THEE [ALL OF THEM IMPLIED HERE] the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever YOU shalt bind upon earth,** it shall be bound also in heaven**: and whatsoever YOU shalt loose upon earth,** it shall be loosed also in heaven.**

[3] Jn 17:17-20
[17] Sanctify THEM IN [MY[ TRUTH. Thy word is truth. [18] As thou hast sent me into the world,I ALSO HAVE SENT THEM into the world. [19] And for THEM do I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. [20] And not forTHEM only do I pray,** but for them also who through their word shall believe in me;**

God Bless you Brother!

Patrick

PLEASE SEE my Post rely #13:thumbsup:

GBY

:slight_smile: Sorry, but that is illogical because:

There is but One True God

Who can and does have just One TRUE set of Faith beliefs [see Eph 4:4-7]

And founded, DESIRED, and protects fuuly only His RCC’s [PLEASE see my Post #13]:thumbsup:

GBY

It does not answer the question of the change in the creed by way of addition of the filioque. Further, according to some Eastern Orthodox, AFAIK, every bishop is a successor of Peter, not just the bishop of Rome. And since Peter was first at Antioch, and only later at Rome, the see of Antioch should take primacy over the Roman See. Many will ask if the Roman See was recognized in 1054 as the primary See, then why did all the other sees, Antioch, Jerusalem, and Alexandria stay in communion with the excommunicated Patriarch of Constantinople and not follow the Roman See?

Is it possible there are any true believers NOT found in the One true Church founded by Christ?
Is it possible there are any unbelievers found in the One true Church founded by Christ?

Yes, and yes.

I concur.

If there is a common and true Eucharist, then why inter-communion only under certain circumstances?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.