Why Do You People Ask Stupid Poll Questions???

I mean no offense, but some of these poll question are dumb—Obviously the Blessed Mother could have been sinless–and its so obvious that the Church has ruled on women’s ordination–so to ask these question is somewhat like well “beating a dead horse.” I mean if you have heard arguments for or against then post those arguments and let people respond----(particularly if you need help responding to an argument) but stop with the stupid obvious poll questions–

Some of the polls get on my nerves too. However, making a post telling people to stop has never worked in all my time on various forums. You would be better off to just ignore them or let a moderator know about it.

LOL, well I’m known for my ‘stupid polls’ so let me answer.

I like making polls, and some people like voting them. I like thinking up possible responses that might represent different points of view. I try and be creative in the possible responses, and write the answers representing reasonable people’s possible slants on the subject.

Everyone has different tastes, so not everyone appreaciates my polls. I figure, there are plenty of threads here for everyone, depending on their interests.

Some of my polls are better than others and some are duds. Sometimes I’ve offended people and a few have been shut down. I figure, you can’t please all the people all the time, so I keep making them. They are a creative outlet for me. :slight_smile:

[quote=Shinobu]Some of the polls get on my nerves too. However, making a post telling people to stop has never worked in all my time on various forums. You would be better off to just ignore them or let a moderator know about it.
[/quote]

I made a complaint about Pepsi? or Coke? Poll to the Administrator. But it did not work. Now I decided to stay away from these kind of polls.

In Christ,
Selvaraj

WhiteDove,

I don’t think yours technically fall under the “stupid polls” the original poster is talking about. Yours are stupid in another way:p . I think the OP means polls with an obviou answer that we should all agree on, instead of a poll where there is going to be a lot of different legitmate viewpoints.

[quote=selvaraj]I made a complaint about Pepsi? or Coke? Poll to the Administrator. But it did not work. Now I decided to stay away from these kind of polls.

In Christ,
Selvaraj
[/quote]

I don’t think that’s the kind of stupid poll the OP is talking about. That’s a “fun” stupid poll, not an “obviously there’s only one correct answer” stupid poll.

Dear Genesis,
Can you elaborate on my particular brand of stupidness, as opposed to other types??? :wink:

I have to agree, some folks don’t write very good polls. For one thing, some of them are very slanted, obviously reflecting the pollmaker’s personal bias. They use the poll as a chance to make fun of the opposing point of view. Or, they don’t give enough choices. Or, they have such an obvious agenda in writing their poll that it wrecks the poll.

I also think the poll maker should not give his/her opinion in the opening post. :slight_smile:

First off, WhiteDove, I am a fan of your polls. Many are quite provacative. Others, such as “have you ever planted a tree” or “am I on your list” are more what I would call “fun stupid,” :smiley: .

[quote=Genesis315]First off, WhiteDove, I am a fan of your polls. Many are quite provacative. Others, such as “have you ever planted a tree” or “am I on your list” are more what I would call “fun stupid,” :smiley: .
[/quote]

LOL, yes some are rather frivolous.

Generally, though, on CAF, I like to let the marketplace rule. What I don’t understand is folks who feel it’s their duty to go on a thread they don’t like and critisise it to pieces. Afterall, we’re all a bunch of amateur writers here. I’m not a professional poll writer.

My policy is generally, if I don’t like a poll, I don’t vote on it. If I think a thread is worthless, I ignore it. What’s so hard about that???

Psst…whispers to marineboy…you should have made this thread into a poll! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=masterjedi747]Psst…whispers to marineboy…you should have made this thread into a poll! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

White Dove will be a winner.

Selvaraj

Hi guys!

Maybe people ask stupis questions because they enjoy reading the stupid answers.

MARINEBOY,

I too have thought that some of the questions and polls have shown a lack of knowledge of our Catholic Faith. A few have been juvinile and maybe uneeded, but hey, I was taught that there are no stupid questions - to not ask a question is stupid. Dont ask me to back all that up with Thomist Rational.

I do understand that it is grating on the nerves for a supposed Catholic to ask a question similar to : “Did the Virgin Mary have other children than Jesus " or " Did the Virgin Mary Sin?”

Some of these Polls and Questions show a lack of Roman Catholic knowledge. Since maybe 95% of the posters are adults you’d expect them to be better Roman Catholics.

The bottom line is that I will not complain about stupid Polls or Questions. I have thought that going to Mass is preparing us for Heaven and Purgatory. It is very rare that I sit anyone that I know when I go to Mass. I sit amoung a group of total strangers maybe 90% of the time. ( we have 3000 families in our church) So if I can be comfortable with the strangers I will be comfortable in Purgatory surrounded by strangers. I do see some few old ladies sit right down front in the same pew on Sundays. Will they be surprised in Purgatory? Marineboy - I always like your posts, ytou seem to be a fervent Roman Catholic. Thanks.

Yes, I think this thread should have been posted in the form of a poll!!! Most definately!!!

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ASK STUPID POLL QUESTIONS???

1) I didn’t realize they were stupid. Thanks for telling me.

2) Your question is hurtful and insulting. Why would you ask it?

**3) Can you give some specific examples? **

4) I’m tired of the lack of charity here. I’m leaving this place forever!!!

5) I thought they would start an interesting discussion on the subject that would be of interest to other posters.

6) I’m just a limited human being, not a professional poll writer. Sorry if I’m not up to your standards

7) Please ignore any polls you don’t like.

The ones that make me the most uncomfortable is the ones where whether a person is in hell or not. Its amazing how judgemental we can be.

I will put my deux sous worth here…

WhiteDove’s polls are never stupid! [size=2]They are well thought of and she is very creative…God gave her this gift, let her use it (sprinled with a great sense of humour). I’m behind her 100%…what would the forum be without her? We lodst her once I do not want to lose her again! :crying: [/size]

You want stupids polls…just look at my sole poll! Now that is stupid! [size=2]And I am proud of it…:stuck_out_tongue: :wave: [/size]

You go girl…:thumbsup:

Christ is risen…truly he is risen!
Shoshana

Dear Shoshona,
You are so nice!!! :slight_smile:

I love Canada, BTW!!! :slight_smile:

Love, Jan

[quote=WhiteDove]Dear Shoshona,
You are so nice!!! :slight_smile:

I love Canada, BTW!!! :slight_smile:

Love, Jan
[/quote]

Can you imagine what ‘deux sous canadiens’ would be worth?..:rolleyes:

Dear Shoshona,
Anything Canadian is utterly cool, IMHO. :cool:

white dove please----stop feeling sorry for yourself and stop trying to pass Christinity as a “nice” religion—Jesus wasn’t nice all the time–sOMETIMES he was down right nasty and confrontational–READ LUKE 11: 37–54—WHEN JESUS INDIRECTLY ADMITS HE IS INSULTING–GO GET YOUR BIBLE AND READ NOW–OK—YOU PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO QUOTE WHEN JESUS IS “NICE,” BUT LETS NOT FORGET EVERYTHING HE DID–I AM SERIOUS GO GET YOUR BIBLE AND READ IT—that being said–my point was that the last two polls that I have seen were questions that had obvious answers—ESPECIALLY FOR CATHOLICS—SO ITS LIKE PEOPLE GET A LIFE AND READ A GOOD ORTHODOX TRADITONAL CATHOLIC BOOK RATHER THAN POST DUMB POLLS–OK I AM GOING TO MASS WITH MY MOTHER GOD BLESS!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.