Why does it SEEM

that when it comes to my commission sales job,
praying for Saintly and Divine assistance to make the money I NEED
(NOT “want”), that I make even LESS and LESS after all these prayers???

I don’t understand this at all.
It’s very, very, very frustrating.
I have a draw-vs-commission job which, after 2-1/2 hellish years of unemployment,
I am very grateful to God for.
But my economic situation is precarious. I NEED a take home pay
of between $400 and $500 a week. I NEED that, not merely want that.

So I pray. Saints. Novenas. Rosaries. Chaplets. You name it, I do it, over and over and over again. And it seems the more I pray the worse it gets. I am averaging $300 to $330 a week take home. I realize other people have it even more horrendous than I by far
((and so did I for 2-1/2 years)), but I too have many expenses and elderly parents to help care for. Is THIS temporal punishments for forgiven sins? This?? Driving me literally insane with (justified) worry???

And to top it off, now they have only given me a measly 32 hours for next week!!!
I am ready to just start breaking EVERYTHING in the house, in the building, smashing things, etc., cuz I pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and things get worse. Of course, I am not LITERALLY going to smash things or tear up my bibles and prayer books, but at this moment, I really FEEL LIKE doing that.

I am ready, WAY PAST READY, to give up praying for help on this job.
To top it off, they gave me for next week a measly 32 hours. I make minimum wage plus commission. While I’m in the stockroom getting a $40 item for a customer,
my co-workers have customers walk up to them and buy $4000 of stuff in one pop.
I don’t begrudge them their income, but why does this keep happening?
My co-workers have often expressed that they don’t even believe in Christ,
yet they are making scads more than I am. Am I praying wrong?
Am I not using the right “formulas”???
I am ready, WAY PAST READY, to just do it all IN THE FLESH. My coworkers who are making the GOOD incomes, aren’t praying for help AT ALL,not one bit, and they are getting all the good sales. I pray and pray nonstop, all day long, for help in getting the right customers and making the amount I need, and nothing happens.
My co-workers don’t go to church, don’t pray, don’t even believe in Jesus, don’t pray for help making sales, and they are making SCADS of money, some of them.
They get the customers who want $500 cookware sets and $1200 coffeemakers.
I tend to get the ones who talk my ears off for a half hour or more asking me questions, and then buy a $12 spatula.
I don’t mean to gripe, darn it, but I need to make a live-able LIVING.
I have bills and I have elderly parents. This is very, very, very very frustrating.
And it is extremely frustrating AND DISHEARTENING, let me stress DISHEARTENING, to pray like mad, all day long, for divine assistance, and make next to nothing, and then see folks who don’t even believe in God or pray for help (and even one who is downright EVIL), making thousands of dollars a day in sales over and above their required draw and getting a big weekly paycheck.
What I WANT is another office job, like I had for 22 years. But there are none available to me. I apply and apply, and don’t even get an email back even acknowledging the application.
I’m sorry for venting, but I am on the verge of financial despair.
I, myself, am seriously considering no longer praying for help ON THE JOB,
because maybe MY prayers are irritating God and Saint Jude and Saint Whoever.
But you guys on CAF are GOOD Catholics.
Would you please pray for me for God to help me succeed on this job?
I am at my wit’s end. I am BEYOND being at my wit’s end over this. WAY BEYOND.
I know I deserve to be punished for my many past sins, but seriously,
being prevented from making the living I need??? I don’t mean to murmur against
God, but I NEED help on this job,and when I do the praying, things only seem to get worse the more praying I do. Please help me. God love all of you.
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

bump

by the way, the $400 to $500 a week NEEDED take-home pay?
I live in VERY EXPENSIVE South Florida,
and those of you familiar with prices in Miami Dade County know what I mean.
God bless.

bumpski.

Lord, hear our prayers

keep praying.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for us!

Including you in a Rosary

To all of you kind people praying for me,
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !!!

I find that other Catholics’s prayers for me, seem to be much
more efficacious than my own.

I apologize for venting like that in the top post,
but sometimes the frustration becomes overwhelming beyond comprehension.
I hope I didn’t upset anyone,
and I hope I didn’t offend God. I didn’t mean to do that, either.

Love to you all,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

Prayer is never pointless. We don’t always get the answer we want, but God always takes care of us. (My family is experiencing extreme financial hardship too – have been for years – so I do understand the stress you’re under. :hug1: )

:crossrc:
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to your holy will, which is love and mercy itself, Amen. :crossrc:
(optional closing prayer from the chaplet of Divine Mercy)

I have no answers, unfortunately, but my prayers will be for you.

To Belle10 and BrotherJoe,
thank you both so very very much.
God love both of you,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

To Stjudeprayforus:
Thanks so much for your prayers for me.

I hope some more of you good folks will pray for me to succeed on this job
and make the $400 to $500 take home weekly pay that I need (not merely “want”)
in order to pay all my creditors, expenses, etc., living here in expensive South Florida and having elderly parents I need to help.
God love all of you and thanks again so much,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to your holy will, which is love and mercy itself, Amen

I’m in the same place in life. I need to make even some money being self employed. No it’s not temporal punishments for forgiven sins. Jesus does not do life that way. It’s the economy. Local, state, nation, world! I’ll keep you in my prayers.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to your holy will, which is love and mercy itself, Amen.

Praying hard for you to have financial security.

I’m praying to our virgin mother that you find your way out of this difficult financial situation.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our Life, our Sweetness, and our Hope.
To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To Thee do we send up our sighs mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
Thine Eyes of Mercy toward us,
and after this our exile show us the
Blessed Fruit of thy Womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us O Holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Don’t worry, keep praying. :slight_smile:
Read the book of Job.
I’m praying for you! God bless

To all you wonderful people in the above posts who prayed for me,
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH and I beg you to keep doing so.
And please throw in prayers for the conversion, health, finances and security of
my sweet elderly mom, my dad and my sister, too, please?
Thanks so very much.

And PRAISE THE LORD and his saints,
my paycheck this coming Friday is for about $415.
It’s still somewhat less than I need, but quite a bit more than I expected,
so you folks’s prayers for me are working (and the Saints in heaven’s prayers, too,
God bless them all). So things may be turning around.
Thanks again for all your prayers. Please keep praying for me.
And for all of you, that Christ may prosper you, keep you safe, and
grant you final perseverance:
O BLOOD AND WATER, WHICH GUSHED FORTH FROM THE HEART OF JESUS
AS A FOUNT OF MERCY FOR US, I TRUST IN YOU,
for all these dear sisters and brothers who are praying for me and my folks.
AMEN.

Update.
Did I rejoice too soon?

Monday, after which I in despair posted the first post, Monday I made
only 70% of my goal, despite a Sale going on, and was devastated.
Then I got the report of the decent paycheck for this week and I
thought, you know, things thank God may be turning around.

Then today (well, Tuesday actually), despite working myself to the bone and selling tons of merchandise,
I made at the end of the day only 55% of my goal.
This is horrible, absolutely horrible. We have a big Sale going on, and I made only 55% of my goal. Our Sale includes Morning Specials Only, which are from 8am to 1pm only, and they scheduled me on Tuesday to work 2pm to 9:30. The folks who got the earlier shift made scads of money. One of my co-workers, for example, had a goal of $2200 for the 9am to 5 pm shift. By 1pm, she had made DOUBLE her goal. I came in an hour after the Morning Specials ended, had a goal of $2450, and after working like a MANIAC (and praying both fervently BEFORE work, and under my breath all during work), fell a whopping $1100 short of my goal.
It is not my sales ability here. I have gotten good at sales.
I am going out of my mind. The customer will be convinced, settle on an item, and I go running up to the stockroom to get it, dig it out, bring it to them, and then they start to hem-haw, get out their “smart phone,” and find that at Bed Bath and Beyond they can get the item for $10 less, so after all the work I’ve done to help them, they leave the item on the floor and drive down to the other store. Or we close the deal, and then they decide
to “talk to their wife and come back in a couple of minutes.”
Then they don’t come back.
Or they buy only the cheapest stuff available, like a cheap $15 Black and Decker iron,
after having me waste time (that I could be spending with someone wanting to buy a $350 stand mixer) showing them expensive coffeemakers and grills, etc, to then hem-haw and decide they’ll “think about it” and then never come back.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) they have scheduled me to work
from 1pm (the minute the Morning Specials end) until 9:45pm. So on both days, they scheduled me to miss the Morning Specials. These wealthy customers are acting very cheap during this sale and stop coming in by and large after the morning specials end
((my store is in a Mall in a very WEALTHY neighborhood)).

Hi folks.
Thanks again for your prayers.

I left work last night (Wednesday, got off at 9:45, and was able to catch my
bus cuz they stop running after 10 and I then have to take a $14 cab ride home.
$14 for a cab on a basically minimum wage job…yikes…).

Yesterday, like the day before, they scheduled me to come in JUST AS the
“Morning Specials” (which bring in the crowds, and after which 90% or more of the customers leave and stop coming in). Then I signed in and was shown my goal for
the day — a whopping $3450. With 90% of the customers having already shopped.
It’s like the company doesn’t WANT to pay you any commission. They KNOW the number of customers drops drastically after Morning Specials end, yet they gave us Afternoon Shifters such ungodly high unrealistic sales goals.
Any way, there is a difference between one’s DRAW, and one’s GOAL.
If you make above your DRAW you still earn 4% to 5% commission.
Well praise the LORD – and thanks to all of YOU GUYS’S PRAYERS —
I made about $1100 more than my DRAW of $1200, but still fell a whopping $1200
short of my GOAL.
This is three days in a row. THE REASON THIS IS SCARING ME TO DEATH
is that we sales employees are evaluated weekly.
We must earn a minimum of 65 “Points” to be considered a satisfactory job performance.
A whopping 55 of those 65 points come from meeting our Sales Goal
– but get this, to get those 55 points, we must not only MEET the sales goal,
we must make a daily average of 115% of our sales goal to get the 55 points.

I am seriously at my wits’ end. I don’t know what to do anymore.
Meeting (and exceeding my goal daily by 15%) is not optional, and my personal prayers
for this issue are not being answered. Again, failure to meet those goals is not an option, so I don’t know why my prayers aren’t being answered. I for my part am doing my job and doing it right, and running all over the place looking for customers and treating them kindly and all the other stuff we are supposed to do. My pesky, extremely annoying micro-managing boss is also part of the problem. Knowing I have a huge sales goal and need to connect with customers, he’ll call me away from approaching customers and have ME clean up the messes behind the registers — not one iota of which was left by me, but was left by his morning crew who made scads of money during the good business hours and met and doubled THEIR goals, and then left without cleaning up a darned thing of the mess they made, and he LETS THEM DO IT.
I know my complaining about this must be annoying to you all, but I’m a nervous wreck
about to blow, and I really need help and I need my — or somebody’s prayers for me —
to be answered on this matter so I can make my living and help my elderly parents.
Please continue to remember me in your prayers.
God bless all of you.

Have you considered that God doesn’t want you in this line of work?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.