Why does the church put up with it?

I was just wondering. I have seen some some websites (like the one PNRC had put up) that are slanderous. Why does the Church allow this? Why not take some legel persutes (or something)? it just doesn’t seem right to me.

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was just wondering. I have seen some some websites (like the one PNRC had put up) that are slanderous. Why does the Church allow this? Why not take some legel persutes (or something)? it just doesn’t seem right to me.
[/quote]

I think with the number of slanderous sites, etc. against The Church, that it would bankrupt The Church trying to keep up with them. Also, I believe there is some kind of law that governs who and for what you can take action against

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was just wondering. I have seen some some websites (like the one PNRC had put up) that are slanderous. Why does the Church allow this? Why not take some legel persutes (or something)? it just doesn’t seem right to me.
[/quote]

Christ’s Church will always be persecuted. A law suit will not put an end to it.

it would only increase it… as it would indicate that the
Church was becomming defensive…

let 'em rant…

:slight_smile:

Hi Montie!

I kinda laughed when I read this, pretty much for the same reasons that everyone else so far has cited, but one thng comes to mind…

In spite of how vitriolic and grossly biased such cites are, and there are more as bad or worse. (I can think of two or three that I’m on right off the top.) One thing that even they have failed to realize is that by misrepresenting the truth and misinforming people about the Catholic faith they shipwreck themselves.

1. We Catholics are challenged & offended and so “study to show ourselves approved…” and respond with knowlege and facts…I.E. The Truth.

2. When people realize that they have been misinformed and misled (as I did) they are also offended (as I was) and begin to look into the matter for themselves, which works for us. (John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.)

3. The combination of points 1 & 2 above ruin their credibility and impugn their honesty. Again, moving honest people to seek the fullness of truth.

So, far from suing them, (not a worthwhile or viable option really) the best answer for all Catholics is to take the time to read up on the faith and know what they believe and why. (Anything less just wouldn’t be civilized? :smiley: ) By giving good solid and factual answers, we win souls, as the Holy Spirit works.
Pax tecum,

CM, what does “Pax tecum” mean?

“***Blessed are those that are persecuted in my name…***…”

These people are doing their best to help us Catholics get to heaven evidently, even if its at the risk of their own souls! I don’t know, sometimes I just don’t understand people.

“***Woe to those who hate you and scorn you because of me.***…”

NotWorthy

Pax tecum

Peace be with you

Bring it on. The more guys that keep trying to bring down momma, the more that will fail.

Because Mother Church is turning the other cheek…

All the calumny is for our edification.

We should use it all for our sanctity.

in XT.

Christ said we are blessed when folks persecute us becasue of Him. In my book that extends to His church, but that’s just my opinion. I know the truth so I don’t worry about the idiots on the Internet. Their hate is just expressions of frustation by the evil one. It’s meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.