Why doesn't the Church discourage circumcision?

Wanting to know why the Church doesn’t speak out more about circumcision of baby boys. It is my understanding that as Catholics we understand that Baptism replaces the Circumcision of the old covenant. As a health professional, I see no reason to subject children to an unnecessary, cosmetic procedure. The evidence for such a procedure doesn’t add up in my opinion and even the American Academy of Pediatrics has changed their opinion on it so many times! Even the circumcision of the Old Testament didn’t cosmetically alter baby boys as much as we do now. It was a completely different procedure. Aren’t babies made perfect the way that they are/ the way God intended them to be? And aren’t we as Catholics supposed to follow what Christ implemented in his new covenant with us? Why don’t Catholics know and defend this??

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Why do some Catholics circumcise?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.