Why don't muslims believe that the Holocaust never happened?

I have read in multiple places that the Muslim community believes that the Holocaust never even happened. I recently received an email saying that the UK is debating taking out the Holocaust from its school system because it offends Muslims. Why would they deny something that obviously occurred?

It is obvious that it occured. What is not so obvious is the numbers of people it occured to.

Now I happen to have a boss who is an American German Jew - her mother at about age 6 escaped on a Banana Boat to Central America with her own mom - my boss’ grandmother was kicked out of her family by her father for doing something so stupid as to leave Germany since things weren’t too bad yet. Then he wrote her a letter telling her how proud of her he was since at the time he wrote the letter, it was too late for him and the rest of her family. They were never seen or heard from again.

It absolutely happened, but to how many is what can be legitamently debated. In my school text book in elementary school it was said the numbers were more than 8 million. Now in my daughter’s text book that number has fallen to almost 6 million. Huge difference - although both numbers are terriblely large.

During the same time frame of WWII more than 20 million Orthodox Christians were martyred…what is really interesting is that we Americans never hear anything about their holocaust. Nothing in our text books about that.

Since 1973 to today, there have been more than 50 million children killed in their mothers wombs in the United States alone - and that based only on the States that require documentation on the amount of abortions performed. That’s one holocaust which will probably never hit text books in anyone’s class room.

I was under the inpression that they denied it all together. You point about abortion would not be more true. More people hae died from abortions that all the war deaths of the twentieth century combines. It really makes me sick to my stomach that somehow people in the United States and the world feel its ok to kill a baby. The womb is the most dangerous place in America.

There are three reasons that I think this occures.

First, it is a political move by people like the dude in Iran. It gives him support from his populace while keeping his goofy self on T.V.

Second, it is done to try to limit support for Isreal. After all, why do they need the country if they were never in danger?

Third, it is done to keep people ignorant. Ignorant people are easier to control.

Yes it is political, and the Iranian whom I presume you are speaking about…and who is facing political disgrace for some stupid moves…has to keep up the front because he knows it angers the Israeli’s and most intelligent people in the West. Its anti-Jewish rhetoric at its “basest”.

Second, it is done to try to limit support for Isreal. After all, why do they need the country if they were never in danger?

Quite possibly…

Third, it is done to keep people ignorant. Ignorant people are easier to control.

Much easier to control. Give ignoramuses a “boogey-man” they can identify with…and you’ve got a herd of blind followers.

Too bad my father isn’t still alive…he could give you a first hand account of one of the camps…he was there when they liberated one of the camps…

And I guess the Jewish people that I have known…who have numbers tattooed on their arms were just for “fun”…

Yep.

I had a cousin who was in the group that liberated Dacheau (I think). Anyway, his son wrote a book about it, and he was in negotiations with a big BIG name to turn it into a movie.

Those who deny it really have no basis to do so. Those who doubt the numbers are a little different.

Not much, but a little

The number is generally between 10 and 13,000,000. The number of 6,000,000 is the closest accurate estimate of the Jewish population that was slaughtered; for most, the Holocaust was a Jewish-only purging.

I distinctly remember going through a college class that started with everyone standing, then sitting down as a particular religion, belief system, physical trait, or physical condition was mentioned. In the camps, those left standing would live (if they kept their health up) and everyone else would be sent to the gas chambers. My class had around 30 college freshmen in it, and I think 2 would have lived.

During the same time frame of WWII more than 20 million Orthodox Christians were martyred…what is really interesting is that we Americans never hear anything about their holocaust. Nothing in our text books about that.

Various exterminations were carried out by the USSR during their span of barbarism from 1917-1990 (although the worst periods were from 1927-39). Orthodoxy survived, but entire groups such as the Ukrainian Autocephalous Church were nearly eliminated in entirety.

Robert Conquest was probably the most important person in bringing the horrors of Soviet life and death to the West, but he was regularly slandered and denied over his lengthy investigative career by leftists in the media and in politics. When he was asked to update “Harvest of Sorrow” for a 25th anniversary re-release, he was asked if he’d like to change the title. His response was “Only if I can change it to ‘I Told You So, You (expletive) Idiots!’”

American soldiers liberated the camps with cameras nearby. If the war had pressed into the USSR as it should have, the Holocaust would have seemed like nothing with those cameras rolling.

Since 1973 to today, there have been more than 50 million children killed in their mothers wombs in the United States alone - and that based only on the States that require documentation on the amount of abortions performed. That’s one holocaust which will probably never hit text books in anyone’s class room.

It is a grotesque indictment on the western world when belief in God’s existence is regarded as “backward” and killing of animals for food is barbaric, but atheism and slaughter of the unborn is regarded as “glorious progress”.

You cannot remove historical fact from the schools to pacify every whim of irrational belief systems

The email was a false rumor.

If any group in Europe needs to study how a group of people became looked at as a dangerous ‘other’ and suffered horribly for it, it’s Europe’s Muslims.

I just have a silly comment. The thread reads funny.
If they DONT believe the holocuast NEVER happened, why are we talking about it?

If they DONT believe the holocaust HAPPENED that is another topic.

Misleading title. :frowning:

I’m sure the Danish people killed Muslims for writing polemics against Christians. :rolleyes:

The Danes didn’t kill Jews either but that didn’t stop millions of Jews being killed as a ‘dangerous other’ in Europe.

It was Satanic influences that killed the Jews during the Holocaust, not the Germanic people. The descendants of the Ottoman empire claimed the Armenians were a ‘dangerous other’ too. One must wonder who and what caused them to believe that way.

Well, ‘Satanic influences’ is one of the great conversation-stoppers, of course.

Muslims don’t have a central authority figure to make any statements with any authority.

So, any cleric can say anything they want in some places from what I can tell.

It would be like saying cardinal such and such says this, and thinking the catholic church has believed it and does and will believe it as teaching binding on the faithful.

Oh, wait. That can’t happen for catholics. It only takes one good cardinal to say, hey! What the heck?!? In council. I don’t know for sure, but I think all dogma went through council first. Am I mistaken?

The Church’s Magisterium exercises the authority it holds from Christ to the fullest extent when it defines dogmas, that is, when it proposes, in a form obliging the Christian people to an irrevocable adherence of faith, truths contained in divine Revelation or also when it proposes, in a definitive way, truths having a necessary connection with these. - CCC 88

Salaam/peace

Muslims do believe Hitler killed thousands or millions jews . I think , Irani President & others try to say that : just because Jews once became victim , it did not give them any right to grab others land , kill thousands inncoent civilians & create another holocaust etc etc.

The world cried a lot for Anna & totally ignored the pain of millions Amena , Fatima , Ahmed & others .

btw , do you believen in The Israeli Holocaust Against the Arab and Muslim People ?

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/topic_01/images/21-00.jpg

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/images/parent/top_03.gif
http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/images/parent/top_08.gif

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/images/parent/top_05.gifhttp://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/images/parent/top_09.gif
islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/index.shtml

“The Arabs are Donkeys and Beasts”

“The nation of Israel is pure and the Arabs are a nation of donkeys. They are an evil disaster, an evil devil, and a nasty affliction. The Arabs are donkeys and beasts. They want to take our girls. They are endowed with true filthiness. There is pure and there is impure and they are impure.”

–Rabbi David Batzri, head of the Magen David Yeshiva in Jerusalem [Israeli newspaper Haaretz, March 21, 2006]

"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail."
Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 [N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]

revisionisthistory.org/palestine.html

Israeli and Palestinian Children Killed Since September 29, 2000

123 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,050 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.

ifamericansknew.org/

PS. some typo error there in thread title??

Because none of them were there. Look at what they are talking about holocaust. It is always be the saaba and shaatila where many muslims were dead. Holocaust is only when the muslim died. If none, then there can’t be any holocaust.

Sorry Sister,

I cut your posting short just for quotation. You are correct in this case. Murder is wrong whoever does that. Since you believe that Allah is forgivefull, do you think that the muslims can ever forgive the Israelite for those bad things they did?

Because they believe that the reason for the Holocaust myth was to establish Israel state in the middle-east and occupy the Palestinian lands.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.