Why Eucharistic miracles are not famous?

I’ve just read about recent Eucharistic miracles.
They all say the same, heart tissue, AB positive, heart is still alive, signs of great pain etc.
My question is now, how come it is not famous and over the news? If its a miracle proven by scientists how come very little news agencies is mentioning that?

Second, one skeptical person commented he/she cannot find any studies.
I’ve tried google it, but could not find. Where can we find sources of those scientific studies?

1 Like

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

4 Likes

We could have scientists prove this stuff 10 times over and it would still never make the news because people would assume it was phony and preposterous and simply gross.

10 Likes

Lancino is the best known Eucharistic Miracle. Names of researchers, etc are in this article

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

3 Likes

thers one here
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330400580_Eucharistic_miracle_from_the_scientific_perspective

1 Like

“Why Eucharistic miracles are not famous?”

Due to lack of promotion and advertisements, as well as poor marketing strategies. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kidding aside, I don’t see the need for the Eucharistic miracles to be famous. I mean, for what purpose? To get more people to believe in the transubstantiation?
I tell you, for those who believe, no miracle is needed; and for those who don’t believe, even if you present all the evidence in the world to them, they would still find all kinds of (lame) excuses just to prove themselves right.

“Lord, I believe; help me with my unbelief.”

Peace to all!

3 Likes

The suppression of such news by the mainstream media.

Just think about Fatima’s Miracle of the Sun that occurred in October 1917. Thousands of people witnessed it and it was reported by the local newspapers but the story was never picked up by the major wire services or the major newspapers like the Times of London or the New York Times.

More often than not, Eucharistic miracles reinforce the faith of those who already believe.

I visited two Eucharistic miracles while on a pilgrimage in Italy. Some time after returning home I gave a day retreat to a group of Secular Franciscans who were mesmerized and delighted by the presentation. Preaching to the choir, as we say. Someone who is not a Christian would likely have dismissed it all.

The only distinctive example of someone being truly convicted by something like this that comes to mind is one of the original members of the team investigating the Shroud of Turin, who was Jewish and then became Catholic through the study of the Shroud.

And, we know there are plenty of people who think the Shroud is a fake. I like how Benedict XVI referred to it as “an icon written in blood.”

Skeptics will always find a way to rationalize their thinking.

We see the proof of that as Jesus raises Lazarus, and of course, in His own Paschal Mystery. "Even if a man should rise from the dead . . . "

Deacon Christopher

3 Likes

They don’t want to become Catholic :wink:
If people believed in these, everyone would be Catholic. But I guess it’s just not that easy. There will always be doubters, especially in secular news, which is odd, because you’ll see promotions of most other religions that aren’t Christianity. Unfortunately in this age, Christianity is the last acceptable prejudice, especially Catholicism.

Why isn’t the development and release of Zerbaxa famous?

Why aren’t the Haydenettes famous?

etc.

If something doesn’t touch a large number of people right where they are and make a difference in their daily lives, they don’t really care.

Very true. Praying in the Basilica where the Shroud resides is special.

2 Likes

Well, that is partially true. Having read of Eucharistic miracles, they are sometimes associated with someone (i.e. the priest) who was struggling with doubt. And I don’t think any blanket statement can be made; we have no idea how many people, considering converting to the Church (and I include htose now in RCIA) over the centuries had a profound acceptance of faith.

1 Like

!) much of anything (with the exception of some wacko committing a mass shooting) is rapidly :yesterday’s news".

The news media does mention the miracles as they come up, but like every other story concerning national or international news, it gets crowded out by the next day, week, month…

Your question, at its heart, is like asking why everyone is not Catholic. after all, it is the largest, it has been around since the time of Christ, and it is to a great extent “everywhere”. the reasons, if not exactly the same, are close.

As to your friend: I made a cursory search on Amazon and came up with at least 19 books on Eucharistic Miracles. Perhaps your friend is not expending much energy on the project.

It was my understanding from reading that God’s main point in causing such miracles was to respond to the doubt of a person or persons close to the situation, such as a priest.

God doesn’t generally work miracles for purposes of mass conversion, because for one thing, skeptics will always find some reason to explain the miracle away.

As for the news reporting on purported “miracles”, they will usually report on things that are recent in time, and of local interest. For example, there are many news reports currently in a certain area about certain apparitions and miracles associated with a sainthood cause. Such reports did make the national AP newswire, but are primarily being picked up by newspapers and news stations in the geographical area of the particular place where all this occurred.

That is my understanding also. As to other conversions, they likely are one here and one there, and just as likely not reported, or only tangentially.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.