Why Fox News Remains Dominant in the Ratings

“Rachel Maddow new cable news champ as MSNBC surges.” This is likely a headline you’ve read or heard some variation of multiple times this year.

The rise of Maddow’s program led the media to create a narrative about Fox News being on the decline under the Trump administration. Sure, MSNBC has made gains — but the Fox News brand remains king.

Earlier this year, after a decade on the air, 44-year-old Maddow finally found her footing in the ratings race against CNN and Fox News. She won big in the critical 25- to 54-year-old demographic — but did so by embarrassing herself. She hyped a big “scoop” about the president’s taxes — when all she had were two measly pages of Trump’s 2005 1040 form. It was Maddow’s biggest audience ever — 4.13 million viewers.

The tax return story was the progressive media’s desperate attempt to show possible Russian collusion in Trump’s rise to power, but all her “scoop” ended up revealing was that Trump paid a lot in taxes in 2005.

Maddow was widely mocked on social media for lacking the damning evidence she had originally hyped.

more…
lifezette.com/popzette/fox-news-remains-dominant-ratings/

since O’Reilly left, FOX viewership has decreased. I was not a big fanbof O’Reilly so it hasn’t bothered me. I try to catch a little of Hannity every night, but I like his radio show better. I luck Tucker and might watch him.
I can’t stand to watch Rachel Maddow as she prides herself on
connecting the dots and rolls her eyes and thinks she is being so
clever.
FOX is still better than MSNBC and CNN.

:thumbsup: :yeah_me:

MSNBC has made gains? How could that even be possible?! They’re about as bad as it gets, though CNN is worse. I don’t even care for Fox that much. The only person I’ll regularly watch on there is one of the few decent and truly intelligent journalists left on television, Tucker Carlson. Many others only posses a pseudo-intelligence which will always the case in moral relativists lacking any objective frame of reference for their beliefs.

Agreed. News programs are no longer a source of information about anything. Rather, they try to promote an agenda of the group they support. Mostly they aim to entertain and should be considered part of the entertainment industry.

Wow, sorry for the typos! :eek: (I was not a big fan of O’Reilly and I like Tucker)

Your posts are starting to look more like mine with those typos!:stuck_out_tongue:

I have a feeling it is ALL scripted, from both sides. These people are not stupid, they have a plan and know how to follow thru.

I don’t know why I don’t notice them when I am typing! I guess I will have to start
proofreading my texts before hitting submit reply! :doh2:

Same here!:o

Of course Fox has the most viewership. Their ideologies match the ideologies, broadly speaking, of the groups that tend to watch 24 hour news channels. Why would these people leave their echo chamber?

I clicked the link and got redirected to pop-up spam/virus sites. Just an FYI.

Where’s the survey or poll that shows that those who watch FOX favor 24 hour news channels? Also, it’s mightily rich of you to say echo chambers when CNN and MSNBC are their own echo chambers as well, if not more so than FOX. But hey, let’s not mention that because you know, FOX is just an echo chamber.

FOX is better than 99% of the MSM media. They’re the only network that tries to respect the red, white and blue. With that said their handling of the Charlottesville riot has been poor, pulling a CNN/MSNBC.

A little condescending? Perhaps you could explain who are “these people”.
And what is your echo chamber? I could probably guess.

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Imagine that!:rolleyes:

Congratulations! But, it is the NPR listeners who create the poll and determine the correct answer. This is laughable.

Isn’t it?:stuck_out_tongue:

:ehh:

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey.

More:
publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/

The survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind was conducted by telephone from Feb. 6 through Feb. 12, 2012, using a randomly selected sample of 1185 adult residents, including an oversample of Republican voters, used to better estimate the Republican nominating process, nationwide contacted on both landlines and cell phones. The margin of error for a sample of 1185 randomly selected respondents is +/-3 percentage points.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.