Why God exists!

Hey,

I don’t know about you guys on what I think on this but the more I thought about it, the more I have come to understand that God DOES exist!

If God is Love, than that’s why love exists in this world! Obviously, people have love for eachother (I’m talking about the True love!) and all that. Since hate exists unfortunetely, when people hate eachother, it grieves us and hurts us so to speak.

God wants all His children to be happy! We were meant to be happy and since we were, when we are happy, it makes us be filled with joy, etc. But if we’re not happy, it makes us miserable (and this depends on what “happy” people talk about…I’m talking about the happy from God!) and all that.

I can’t explain it…I have the thoughts and feeling running through my soul and head but I can’t quite explain it…can anyone have even a slight clue what I’m talking about:o ?

I guess what I’m trying to say is, since we were made for God and to love, serve, etc. we find true meaning in life! But if we’re the opposite of God, we find no peace and we find no point in life, emptiness and for some, sometimes despair.

What do you guys think?

I know that God wants me to be happy, joyous and free…that’s not hard to believe, just as it is not difficult to believe in the existence of God in the first place. The test of faith comes in when I am asked to believe that MY idea of what I need to have and be and do in order to be happy, joyous and free may not be MY SAVIOR’S idea of what I need to have and be and do in order to be happy, joyous and free…ay, there’s the rub!

True test for me is when I can look at each day of my life and say, without restraint “Thank you Jesus for my life today exactly as it is, I wouldn’t change a thing, even if I could”.

[quote=LSK]I know that God wants me to be happy, joyous and free…that’s not hard to believe, just as it is not difficult to believe in the existence of God in the first place. The test of faith comes in when I am asked to believe that MY idea of what I need to have and be and do in order to be happy, joyous and free may not be MY SAVIOR’S idea of what I need to have and be and do in order to be happy, joyous and free…ay, there’s the rub!

True test for me is when I can look at each day of my life and say, without restraint “Thank you Jesus for my life today exactly as it is, I wouldn’t change a thing, even if I could”.
[/quote]

Yes but I can’t understand why atheists can’t see this!

Oh, Paris, WAKE UP.

In describing God you used the key words “Love” and “Happiness”.

Havent you heard that God never did promise you a “Rose Garden?”

You start as I you just discovered that there is a God. Then hint that you have proof. Then you say because love and happines is in the world then there has to be a God. There is more in the world than goo-goo love and happiness.

May I say that you have used a very, very shallow set of reasons to discover God.

But let me say this. I am very glad that you haave the knowledge that there is a God. I like to read your simple posts. You are so transparent.

[quote=Exporter]Oh, Paris, WAKE UP.

In describing God you used the key words “Love” and “Happiness”.

Havent you heard that God never did promise you a “Rose Garden?”

You start as I you just discovered that there is a God. Then hint that you have proof. Then you say because love and happines is in the world then there has to be a God. There is more in the world than goo-goo love and happiness.

May I say that you have used a very, very shallow set of reasons to discover God.

But let me say this. I am very glad that you haave the knowledge that there is a God. I like to read your simple posts. You are so transparent.
[/quote]

Come on guys wake up and let me tell you that I’m NOT an expert on Relgion and Catholicism! Fine, I’m sorry for evening posting this…was just a thought…so sorry, I’m sorry for having a stupid brain for thinking and all that garbage! Okay folks? unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_afraid.gif

Sheesh! Just ignore ANYTHING I say from now on! Make you feel better?:rolleyes:

don’t give up the ship quite yet!! the fat lady hasn’t even stood up.

I NEVER said I just discovered! If I did, I would’ve been an atheist all this time!:rolleyes:

All I was just saying was there are reasons why…but just ignore my postings peoples and just move on with your life and I’ll just continue on my college and just be myself!http://unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_ignore.gif

DANG IT! I wish I could think Catholic and not in ways to make people think I’m THAT ignorant (and I am but not THAT ignorant, what’s up with that?..)…unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_disturbed.gif

Aw, Paris, go eat some worms and come on back.
Your posts are a delight and a needed reprieve from all the contentious discussions here.
The question is not “Why does God Exist?” He exits because He Is. " AM Who I AM." Ex 2:14. The question is, Why do WE exist? and it has driven philosophers and scientists to distrction for centuries.
Remember, "…“unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven…” And I mean that in the very best sense.
Hang in, Paris. Don’t mind the curmudgeons (which I can be, sometimes.) Just keep being you.

[quote=Paris Blues]Come on guys wake up and let me tell you that I’m NOT an expert on Relgion and Catholicism!

[/quote]

You were under the impression that anyone suspected otherwise? :wink:

It seems like you need an outlet for your enthusiasm. Have you considered keeping a confessional diary?

[quote=Paris Blues]Come on guys wake up and let me tell you that I’m NOT an expert on Relgion and Catholicism! Fine, I’m sorry for evening posting this…was just a thought…so sorry, I’m sorry for having a stupid brain for thinking and all that garbage! Okay folks? unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_afraid.gif

Sheesh! Just ignore ANYTHING I say from now on! Make you feel better?:rolleyes:
[/quote]

You have said that you are a college student. For quite a while, after reading some of your posts, I thought you were a high school drop out. Why was that? First your logic is out of kilter, then your spelling is lacking accuracy and the topics you chose to write about are very much NOT mainstream. You jump around from one thing to another.

That being said, let me hasten to say I do read your posts with two grains of salt while wondering what is next. Hang in there. I hope you are not trying to become a teacher.

What is the reason for the mean-spirited responses?

[quote=Eden]What is the reason for the mean-spirited responses?
[/quote]

Because she has exhibited a consistent tendency toward post-adolescent hysteria, that’s why. She acts like she’s the first person to discover these things. It gets a little wearisome.

Paris Blues - I support you on your spiritual journey. It’s wonderful that you have opened your mind to discovering truth. I think the idea of a “spiriual diary” is a great idea. Have you done that? You can’t run before you walk. :slight_smile:

Matthew 18:3:5

2 And Jesus calling unto him a little child, set him in the midst of them, 3 And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is the greater in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And he that shall receive one such little child in my name, receiveth me. I mean this with every ounce of sincerity in my heart …. That when I read some of her posts these versus come to mind.**

Paris Blues,

I totally admire you, and wish that I could have been where you are now, when I was your age. I feel like I wasted so many years of my life in living the “do what feels good life” and not thinking about God. You aren’t doing that. Here you are in college, some of the most trying (morally) years of a persons life, and you are trying to find God instead of trying to find ways to “have fun” .

Yes, possibly you are a bit younger in your faith journey than some on this forum. BUT you are also much younger than many on this forum. Keep searching, learning, and stay here. This forum is a wonderful place to learn and grow in your faith. There is an energy in you, that all can feel as they read your posts.

There is something to be said about having the faith you do. An openess to God and wanting to grow closer to him. There is a innocence, and ambition in you that many others should strive for.

You referencing God and love together is totally accurate. It’s exciting to have revelations occur inside of you, and I can relate with the overwhelming happiness that overtakes you when they happen. I have many times also wanted to share some of my personal revelations with my husband, but as I try to put them into words they sometimes don’t fully come out as grand as they were when they were happening to me.

God bless you

Yeah, I also realized that I worded it wrong! I don’t know what I was thinking when I typed it or anything…just let’s you realize how pathetic I can be when it comes to religion!:confused: I can ask and assume the wrong questions:(

I’m SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry if I offended anyone here!

Now, since I’m FOCUSED on what the heck I’m typing, I’ll say this:

You have said that you are a college student. For quite a while, after reading some of your posts, I thought you were a high school drop out. Why was that? First your logic is out of kilter, then your spelling is lacking accuracy and the topics you chose to write about are very much NOT mainstream. You jump around from one thing to another.

That being said, let me hasten to say I do read your posts with two grains of salt while wondering what is next. Hang in there. I hope you are not trying to become a teacher.

[quote]

Oh, I spelled things pathetically? How about, I type real fast! Some people do that you know and make lots of mistakes! And I’m NOT saying that to cover up for myself! You thought I was a high school drop out? LOL! Not quite! Yes, I do tend to jump around from one thing to another and sorry about that…I just have questions and all that.

No, I’m NOT going to become a teacher! I can illustrate and do graphic design but I’m not made for a teacher! Whew! I’d be the worst teacher in the universe!:eek:

[quote]Because she has exhibited a consistent tendency toward post-adolescent hysteria, that’s why. She acts like she’s the first person to discover these things. It gets a little wearisome.

[quote]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Haha! Not funny! I don’t know EVERYTHING and I don’t discover something for the first time! [/font]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.