Why i don't convert to Islam

To all muslims who come here to try to win some converts instead of learning, here is an article that explains why a Christian who knows the Biblical God and who follows Jesus would not convert to the religion of Allah/mohammad.

For others who are not very familiar with islam, it is a good start:

answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/why_no_conversion.htm

Wow! What an article! Christus vincit! Christus regnant! Christus imperant! Deus vult!

[quote=brotherhrolf]Wow! What an article! Christus vincit! Christus regnant! Christus imperant! Deus vult!
[/quote]

:amen:

[quote=inJESUS]To all muslims who come here to try to win some converts instead of learning, here is an article that explains why a Christian who knows the Biblical God and who follows Jesus would not convert to the religion of Allah/mohammad.
[/quote]

It is Allah (SWT) who guides to Himself those who want to be guided. No matter what Mr Arlandson and others write, they will not stop the light of Allah (SWT). People are finding true guidance in the pure monotheistic message of Islam and people will continue to find guidance in it, no one can stop that, promise.

Salaam.
Joseph.

[quote=Joseph_Alison]It is Allah (SWT) who guides to Himself those who want to be guided. No matter what Mr Arlandson and others write, they will not stop the light of Allah (SWT). People are finding true guidance in the pure monotheistic message of Islam and people will continue to find guidance in it, no one can stop that, promise.

Salaam.
Joseph.
[/quote]

is that all you took from the article, Joseph? :slight_smile:
i dont care what allah does coz obviously, he is not the biblical God. If allah gives money and women as priviledges, i wonder what satan could give more.

[quote=Joseph_Alison]It is Allah (SWT) who guides to Himself those who want to be guided. No matter what Mr Arlandson and others write, they will not stop the light of Allah (SWT). People are finding true guidance in the pure monotheistic message of Islam and people will continue to find guidance in it, no one can stop that, promise.

Salaam.
Joseph.
[/quote]

Joseph,

Have you ever wondered why Islam only seems to thrive in thoroughly oppresive regimes? Do you think if Muslim lands became more secularized, and gave their citizens freedoms that the United States and Europe are blessed with. That Islam would not be affected? And if it wouldn’t be affected, why are the Mullah’s, and Immans so afraid of giving the citizens rights to have a free society, where they can choose to practice any religion they please.

Thanks, please don’t take any offense, it’s a sincere question.

Fear seems to be a consistant factor in Islam.

[quote=Mike_D30]Joseph,

Have you ever wondered why Islam only seems to thrive in thoroughly oppresive regimes?
[/quote]

Islam in no way only thrives in “thoroughly oppresive regimes.” Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and the second most populous religion in the entire world. Do you really think that such a huge chunk of the world’s population lives only in oppresive regimes? There are millions of Muslims in America, Europe and Asia and no, not all of these Muslims are of middle eastern descent and many are actually converts.

By the way, before anyone can accuse me of trying to convert, I’m Catholic so it’s a no go :stuck_out_tongue:

Name one Middle Eastern democracy. Trick question, the only one is Israel. Maybe we can get Iraq to that level someday.

Salaam.
Joseph.
[/quote]

If you think that Islam is going to destroy Christianity, think again! Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that not even the gates of hell would prevail against his Church! The one that will cease to exist is Islam! Promise you that!

Salaam.
Joseph.
[/quote]

Joseph, how interesting that you state that Allah guides to himself those who want to be guided!

In Matthew 1:25-27 states:

At that time Jesus said in reply, "I give praise to you Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.

(While the wise and the learned, the scribes and Pharisees, have rejected Jesus’ preaching and the significance of his mighty deeds, the childlike have accepted them. Acceptance depends upon the Father’s revelation, but this is granted to those who are open to receive it and refused to the arrogant. Jesus can speak of all mysteries because he is the Son and there is perfect reciprocity of knowledge between him and the Father; what has been* handed over *to him is revealed only to those whom he wishes).

If you think that Islam is going to destroy Christiantiy, think again! Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that not even the gates of hell would prevail against his Church! Promise!

Vickie

The author makes some good points, though he is obviously a Protestant, with the whol no need for Good Works thing.

To me, Christianity, specifically Catholicism, is truth.

[quote=Shaheen]Islam in no way only thrives in “thoroughly oppresive regimes.” Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and the second most populous religion in the entire world. Do you really think that such a huge chunk of the world’s population lives only in oppresive regimes? There are millions of Muslims in America, Europe and Asia and no, not all of these Muslims are of middle eastern descent and many are actually converts.

By the way, before anyone can accuse me of trying to convert, I’m Catholic so it’s a no go :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

a Catholic saying that islam is the fastest growing religion? mmm since when does the number matter? those who do not believe in God outnumber those who do, does it make them correct? Jesus said narrow is the gate…the truth is not in numbers, the truth is in “the gate”.

[quote=inJESUS]To all muslims who come here to try to win some converts instead of learning, here is an article that explains why a Christian who knows the Biblical God and who follows Jesus would not convert to the religion of Allah/mohammad.

For others who are not very familiar with islam, it is a good start:

answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/why_no_conversion.htm
[/quote]

we should know that Islam dosn’t need us but we need Islam and
its teachings.

[quote=secondboy]we should know that Islam dosn’t need us but we need Islam and
its teachings.
[/quote]

you are saying the opposite of what Jesus said.

Jesus said : man is not made for the law, but the law for man.

[quote=inJESUS]you are saying the opposite of what Jesus said.

Jesus said : man is not made for the law, but the law for man.
[/quote]

Yes. Jesus was right.this statement is true.the law is for man
to put in practice.and man is not made for the law but for the lawmaker(God).but man should fulfil the law and need to fulfill
the law for lawmaker.

Our God (Christianity) is a God of Love!:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Booklover]Joseph, how interesting that you state that Allah guides to himself those who want to be guided!
[/quote]

Salaam Vickie;
Yes, Vickie, Allah (SWT) is in command for everything, nothing happens in this world save by His will; the will of people is within the Will of Allah (SWT).

If you think that Islam is going to destroy Christianity, think again!

No Vickie, it is not Islam who is going to destroy Christianity, but it is Christians themselves who are destroying their own religion.

Moral relativism is your current enemy, it is eating up everything: family values, moral values, virtues etc. Moral relativism is a sub-product of materialism and materialism is a sub-product of atheism and a part of atheism is being taught in Christian schools under the name of Evolution.

What has been frowned upon as immoral no long ago is being accepted as the norm today and decried as being part of freedom.

Moral relativism has no limits; it takes down the human being to the lowest levels. Generation after generation things erode up little by little and some virtues even become shameful things, this is called the footsteps of the wicked Satan : “ O ye who believe! Follow not Satan’s footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will (but) command what is shameful and wrong: and were it not for the Grace and mercy of Allah on you, not one of you would ever have been pure: but Allah doth purify whom He pleases: and Allah is One Who hears and knows (all things)”. [Qur’an 24:21]

So, Vickie, don’t worry about Islam. Islam is about moral values and virtues, the prophet (PBUH) said: “I am not sent but to perfect the best moral values”. I know this saying comes as a chock to many, and I can hear some outcries from here and the same old attacks will be coming out, but those who impartially studied the life of the man know that.

Salaam.
Joseph.

[quote=Joseph_Alison]Salaam Vickie;
Yes, Vickie, Allah (SWT) is in command for everything, nothing happens in this world save by His will; the will of people is within the Will of Allah (SWT).

No Vickie, it is not Islam who is going to destroy Christianity, but it is Christians themselves who are destroying their own religion.
[/quote]

In spite of the fact that we are sinners, the Church will never be destroyed because we have Jesus’ promise on that!

Moral relativism is your current enemy, it is eating up everything: family values, moral values, virtues etc. Moral relativism is a sub-product of materialism and materialism is a sub-product of atheism and a part of atheism is being taught in Christian schools under the name of Evolution.

What has been frowned upon as immoral no long ago is being accepted as the norm today and decried as being part of freedom.

The Church’s teachings have never changed on the issues of morality or ethics. What we have is sinful people desobeying God’s laws.

Moral relativism has no limits; it takes down the human being to the lowest levels. Generation after generation things erode up little by little and some virtues even become shameful things, this is called the footsteps of the wicked Satan : “ O ye who believe! Follow not Satan’s footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will (but) command what is shameful and wrong: and were it not for the Grace and mercy of Allah on you, not one of you would ever have been pure: but Allah doth purify whom He pleases: and Allah is One Who hears and knows (all things)”. [Qur’an 24:21]

So, Vickie, don’t worry about Islam. Islam is about moral values and virtues, the prophet (PBUH) said: “I am not sent but to perfect the best moral values”. I know this saying comes as a chock to many, and I can hear some outcries from here and the same old attacks will be coming out, but those who impartially studied the life of the man know that.

Salaam.
Joseph.

I agree that moral relativisim is a very big problem, but again it is because we are sinners and we choose not to obey God’s laws. What we have to do is to amend our lives and return to our Judeo-Christian moral values but adopting a system like Islam, that forces human beings into virtue by fear and or inflicting pain on them is not the answer.

We are not laboratory rats that are given an electrical shock to get them to do something! God created us with complete free will, which does not come with strings attached. In order to be really virtuous, we must have the freedom to reject virtue! Islam denies free will which is a gift from God!

Our God is a humble God, who does not force himself on us. He is so humble that he even became one of us to show us how much he loved us and died to save us.

True virtue means that we obey God’s commands willingly because we love God, not because we are forced to. God did not force Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of life. He could have forced them to comply to his will, but he did not.

True virtue can live next door to vice and never give in to it.

If Muslims are so virtuous, why are they afraid that “the decadent West” will corrupt them?

Vickie

[quote=Paris Blues]Our God (Christianity) is a God of Love!:stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

yes God is God of love.for all not only christians.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.