Why I LOVE being Catholic!

I’m a former Protestant who was very skeptical about the CC but now that I took the risk of taking the Hands of our Lord, He lead me to the FULLNESS OF TRUTH!

Why I LOVE being Catholic, here are some:

1. The Eucharist. Wow! Our Lord is TRULY present and after taking Holy Communion a few times, I can sense and KNOW that our Lord is really there. My faith has increased since three weeks ago! :thumbsup: Not to mention, didn’t He say, “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has life” ? That is SO TRUE in the Eucharist. It has strengthen me both spiritually and even kind of physically. It has even given me back my zeal!

2. Eucharistic Adoration. Nothing is better than being in the Real Presence of our Lord. Wow! What a gift, WHAT A GIFT!! Going in there and telling Him my problems gives me peace. I later know it’s the Real Presence because I sense He has a plan for me. I could not sense this if it were not being in His Presence.

3. Fullness of Truth. Why would I be in any other church than the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church that our Lord established? It contains the FULLNESS OF TRUTH and coming to know that, no wonder why 'tis my spiritual home. Believe it or not, I’d rather be in a Catholic Church all day than be at my own home. Doesn’t THAT tell you that our Lord is present in it? Cool!

4. Tracing the today Pope all the way back 2,000 years traces it back to Peter, the first Pope. Same with bishops, priests, etc. all come from the apostles. Like Fr. Mitch Pacaw said one time on EWTN Live, that it’s kinda like a game of '2,000 years of pass-it-down" I LOVE IT! Jesus said, “You are Peter and on this Rock I will build My Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against It” (Matt 16:18). That is SOOO TRUE!!!

5. Mary and Saints. They intercede for us, they are part of our family. They love us. Praying to St. Clare, St. Jude, St. Francis of Assisi and others have confirmed to me that they really do pray for us! No wonder why my faith has increased with their prayers to our Lord. What’s better, they are REALLY IN HIS PRESENCE LITERALLY! And non-Catholics say we “worship” Mary? Ha! Our Lord told us to “behold your mother” and “behold your son” (John 19:26-27) therefore, we should be doing that! DUH! :slight_smile:

6. Being Catholic means being rejected. Wow! We know our Lord was rejected, therefore we will be rejected because we are hated for our Catholic Faith because it contains Christ’s TRUE teachings! I think I saw it somewhere on this forum where I read something about to know the TRUE Church to be in, choose the most hated and rejected one. Why? Because our Lord was hated and rejected because it has the Truth. And Pilate said, “what is Truth?” (John 18:38) and the Truth was right in his face.

7. The Seven Sacraments. No doubt they are Gifts from our Lord.

Wow. Being Catholic has shocked me because it’s like a “taste of Heaven”! I can’t describe in other words about how I feel about it! I’d give my life for the Church, that’s how REAL it is!

THANK YOU JESUS! What a gift! :gopray2:

I can’t think of others but maybe you guys could post why you love being Catholic! :smiley:

C’mon guys! Post!!!

I didn’t steal all your thoughts did I? :wink:

Yeah, you did…those were excellent! :smiley:

I love the Catholic Faith. I’m so thankfull for it and for the Church and thankfull for all of you becasue without your giving of your gifts i wouldnt be able to grow. Thank You all and God Bless You, Have a Merry Christmas

Jmj

I love the Catholic faith because… without it, I (nor anyone else for that matter) would have never known Jesus Christ!

May the Lord be with you!

Jason

I love being Catholic because it fills me up. Only God can do that through my faith, my desire to be active in the social justice arena and my reception of the sacraments. Thank you God! I can go on and on…but one thing I know…God is Good!..All the Time!

:blessyou: Paris, I wish sometimes I had half your zeal.

Being Catholic will have it’s peaks and troughs, sometimes mine is just one long horizontal line, that’s probably spiritual dryness.
Eucharistic Adoration is one of the best things you can do, just being there is enough keeping the prisoner of Love company.

holyface.com/maineng.htm

Cheers Paris.

In a nutshell, I think you described exactly what is great about our faith…but more so, to me, the confidence that Christ protected the church’s teachings and faith and morals, and they can never be wrong.

That to me is the greatest comfort of all, knowing that it is true, knowing that Christ’s flock whom he entrusted to Peter, is continued through his successors, now Pope Benedict, etc.

Also, as others mentioned, if it was not for the Catholic faith, the world would not have known Jesus Christ. The persecution of the first Christians and the Early Church for 300 years, could not stop the Church from protecting and copying the scriptures, and from the early fathers writing letters confirming their beliefs in Jesus as God and the Eucharist, etc.

Why do I love being Catholic?

It’s in my signature!

Notworthy

P.S. No, not up there,

| Down Here
|
V

[quote=Paris Blues]5. Mary and Saints. They intercede for us, they are part of our family. They love us. Praying to St. Clare, St. Jude, St. Francis of Assisi and others have confirmed to me that they really do pray for us! No wonder why my faith has increased with their prayers to our Lord. What’s better, they are REALLY IN HIS PRESENCE LITERALLY! And non-Catholics say we “worship” Mary? Ha! Our Lord told us to “behold your mother” and “behold your son” (John 19:26-27) therefore, we should be doing that! DUH! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

On this note… how about my personal favorite, multiple saints to name things after? My cousins are all Lutheran, and there are about four or five colleges and a seminary all named Concordia.

I don’t think you’re saying that we should worship Mary, but that we should behold our mother, however, it sounded that way the first time I read it. Just thought I’d clarify if any Protestants are reading this. :wink:

[quote=Paris Blues]6. Being Catholic means being rejected. Wow! We know our Lord was rejected, therefore we will be rejected because we are hated for our Catholic Faith because it contains Christ’s TRUE teachings! I think I saw it somewhere on this forum where I read something about to know the TRUE Church to be in, choose the most hated and rejected one. Why? Because our Lord was hated and rejected because it has the Truth. And Pilate said, “what is Truth?” (John 18:38) and the Truth was right in his face.
[/quote]

I think this is the quote you’re referring to:

“If I were not a Catholic, and were looking for the true Church in the world today, I would look for the one Church which did not get along well with the world; in other words, I would look for the Church which the world hates. My reason for doing this would be, that if Christ is in any one of the churches in the world today, He must still be hated as He was when He was on earth in the flesh. If you would find Christ today, then find the Church that does not get along with the world. Look for the Church which is hated by the world, as Christ was hated by the world. Look for the Church which is accused of being behind the times, as Our Lord was accused of being ignorant and of never having learned. Look for the Church which men sneer at as socially inferior, as they sneered at Our Lord because He came from Nazareth. Look for the Church which is accused of having a devil, as Our Lord was accused of being possessed by Beelzebub, the Prince of Devils. Look for the Church which, in seasons of bigotry, men say must be destroyed in the name of GOD as men crucified Christ and thought they had done a service to GOD. Look for the Church which the world rejects because it claims it is infallible, as Pilate rejected Christ because He called Himself The Truth. Look for the Church which is rejected by the world as Our Lord was rejected by men. Look for the Church which amid the confusion of conflicting opinions, its members love as they love Christ, and respect its Voice as the very voice of its Founder, and the suspicion will grow, that if the Church is unpopular with the spirit of the world, then it is unworldly, and if it is unworldly, it is other-worldly. Since it is other-worldly it is infinitely loved and infinitely hated as was Christ Himself. But only that which is Divine can be infinitely hated and infinitely loved. Therefore the Church is Divine.”
-Fulton Sheen

I’m glad you’re so happy to be home.

God bless!

Sincerely,
Jonathan C. Smith

I love being Catholic because it’s a wonderful family to be a part of. Once in a while, those of us who were born into that family become so comfortable that we begin to complain, defy, & look for the grass on the other side of the fence. Then god blesses us with people like yourself that come into the family and say, “Wow, we’ve got a great family.” Those new members of the family helps us remember that, “Hey, I am a part of this wonderful loving family. How could I have forgotten that.”

Gotta love you new converts. By the way, Congrats on becoming Catholic & welcome.

YES! Thank you! I love that quote! It’s sooo true!
:slight_smile:

Paris,

One can never tire of reading posts like yours. Kind of like a condensed version of a “Surprised by Truth” chapter. God Bless and Welcome Home (just in time for Advent too!).

I love being Catholic because this is the REAL thing. kinda like that battery commercial. the only difference is though, that we’re running 2000 years prior to that rabbit and we don’t run out of power yet. :slight_smile:

[quote=stargazer257]Paris,

One can never tire of reading posts like yours. Kind of like a condensed version of a “Surprised by Truth” chapter. God Bless and Welcome Home (just in time for Advent too!).
[/quote]

I second that. I’ve been following your posts for awhile, but never really posted anything myself. But everytime I see a new thread started by you, I know its bound to be full of such Catholic zeal I’d be doing myself a disservice to not read them, I wish MOST Catholics had half the zeal you had, including myself.

I’m kind of a Catholic revert myself. Born and raised, but then got a group of Baptist friends early in life, starting dating one of them, and they almost pulled me away. But some of their practices and doctrines and their attitude towards Catholicism always struck a chord that something was amiss. In response, I start digging into my faith…only to feel myself feeling a call to the priesthood, for which I’m now studying (6 more years, God willing! :smiley: )

Just want to say it again with the rest of these guys–you rock!

Oh…and to stick with the thread, the Eucharist as daily food sustains me, our family (the Communion of Saints) encourages me forth, and with a Church fortified by the promises of Jesus, I feel I can be confident that I’m livinig in the Truth! :thumbsup:

Let us praise and thank the Lord for His Holy Church! :bowdown:

[quote=Pillar of Cloud]I second that. I’ve been following your posts for awhile, but never really posted anything myself. But everytime I see a new thread started by you, I know its bound to be full of such Catholic zeal I’d be doing myself a disservice to not read them, I wish MOST Catholics had half the zeal you had, including myself.

I’m kind of a Catholic revert myself. Born and raised, but then got a group of Baptist friends early in life, starting dating one of them, and they almost pulled me away. But some of their practices and doctrines and their attitude towards Catholicism always struck a chord that something was amiss. In response, I start digging into my faith…only to feel myself feeling a call to the priesthood, for which I’m now studying (6 more years, God willing! :smiley: )

Just want to say it again with the rest of these guys–you rock!

Oh…and to stick with the thread, the Eucharist as daily food sustains me, our family (the Communion of Saints) encourages me forth, and with a Church fortified by the promises of Jesus, I feel I can be confident that I’m livinig in the Truth! :thumbsup:

Let us praise and thank the Lord for His Holy Church! :bowdown:
[/quote]

amen that, brother!!!

[quote=stargazer257]Paris,

[/quote]

The amazing part is, it took me over EXACTLY A YEAR to become Catholic! I started practicing being a Catholic last December 2004!

I love being Catholic because Jesus founded the Church -His visible body on earth.

Jesus told us to be of one body and mind.

Jesus said to bring Him the Children - many Protestants deny infant baptism.

Jesus gave Catholic clergy authority.

The Church guides us.

I can avoid the mayhem and anarchy of the non-Catholics.

I left Protestantism (mostly Baptistisms) and became Catholic because to obey Jesus is to be Catholic. I follow what Jesus commanded, not what I want Him to command or just the commands that make it easy for me to follow the health and wealth gospel path of fun and games.

One God, never changing, one truth, one teaching, one Church. (unlike Protestant “ME”-ology).

It seems that a difference between a catholic and a protestant is that catholics view the 1st Commandment as a single commandment and views the you shall not covet commandment as two,
while Protestants view the 1st Commandment as two commandments and views the you shall not covet commandment as one commandment. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.