Why is hate so easy and love so hard

At least there just seems to be more hate then love in the world. :shrug:

I don’t really have a good answer to that… but personally I feel that life is too short to stay mad at people. It is not worth the effort and energy required to hold grudges, etc. Being nice and caring with friends, family, strangers, etc brings about so much good. The attitude and behavior of one can spread to affect others more easily than you think. If people lead by a good example on a regular basis, it could have a profound ripple affect (of course this is a double edged sword and can work negatively as well).

Catholics believe it is caused by original sin.:frowning:

Yoda, on the other hand said, "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Jesus said, “Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you… etc”

He also said to take heart because, “I have conquered the world.” :yeah_me:

So rejoice :thumbsup: even though there is so much hate. We are the ones who are supposed to be light to the world and salt for the earth! :knight2: And the Holy Spirit, part of the Trinity, is inside us “who believe” and gives us strength to live in a world wracked with hate. :amen:

Love requires sacrifice. It can expose us to others. It takes work. It is “hard.” Love can be one of the most misunderstood things in the world today. Right up there with sex (not that the two are equal), it can be the thing that gets twisted the most in this day and age. So sad.

I heard a story from Justin Fatica once that a man put a knife to his throat and threated to kill him. The only thing that Justin could think to say to him is “I still love you.” He did not know this person, but the love that he expressed is what saved his life.

Original Sin

there is a part in the bible that could give you an answer, well this is what i think anyway.

The words escape me right at this moment but its something about the right road being difficult to travel and the wrong road is smooth and easy to travel along.

someone out there in CAF land would know what I’m talking about.

Great answer! That is so true.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.