Why is it important to be in Jesus Christ's ONE established Church?

Following is just some thoughts and possible evangelization tool. Feedback???

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO BE IN JESUS CHRIST’S ONE CHURCH HE ESTABLISHED???

History and the Bible both point to only ONE CHURCH being established by Jesus Christ: the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. First, the Bible does not attest to itself as the sole rule of Faith and resolver of disputes. Instead, we see “the Church” (singular) is the “authority” to resolve faith and moral disputes (Matthew 18:17) and is the “pillar and bulwark of TRUTH” (1 Timothy 3:15). The “pillar and bulwark of TRUTH” states in Catechism #846 there is NO SALVATION outside “the Church”, especially to those who know and refuse to enter Jesus Christ’s ONE CHURCH.

Second, Jesus Christ has ONE HEAD and ONE BODY – “the Church” (Ephesians 1:22-23 and Ephesians 4:4-6). Jesus does not have ONE HEAD and 35,000 different Bodies and growing divisions. Jesus Christ has only ONE BODY and married Himself to ONE BRIDE. Jesus Christ established and prayed for His ONE CHURCH/BRIDE in John 17:21-23 before giving all of Himself in sacrifice to His ONE BRIDE as “the Bridegroom” (Isaiah 61:10, John 3:29, Matthew 9:15, Matthew 25:6-13, Mark 2:19, Luke 5:34-35). Jesus Christ CANNOT BE MARRIED TO 35,000 DIFFERENT AND GROWING NUMBER OF BRIDES.

Third, Jesus commanded you enter HIS ONE BODY or “Kingdom of GOD” better known as “the Church” through “water (Baptism) and Spirit (Laying of Hands)” in John 3:5. Jesus was fulfilling Ezekiel 36:25-27 prophecy with this requirement. We see this same pattern of “Water (BAPTISM) and Spirit (Laying of Hands)” when new converts were entering the Early Church in Acts 2:38, Acts 8:14-17. In Acts 9:17-18 St. Paul received Baptism and “Laying of Hands”, and then gave the Holy Spirit in this same way in Acts 19:6 to new converts after their Baptism. If you did not enter the ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH in this way, then you are currently OUTSIDE HIS ONE BODY. Matthew 7:21-23 will help illustrate this point better – how a “believer” can still be OUTSIDE HIS ONE BODY. Here we have people who obvious “believe” (Faith Alone) in Jesus Christ enough to do “mighty works” in His name. What is Jesus’s response to them in verse 23??? How can Jesus say He never knew them and call them “evil doers”??? It all hinges on verse 21 “NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS TO ME, ‘LORD, LORD SHALL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN”. Jesus Christ never became known to them through the Holy Eucharist and “Marriage Supper of the Lamb” NEW COVENANT PASSOVER (Luke 22:19-20). YOU HAVE NOT TRULY MET JESUS YET, UNTIL YOU RECEIVE HIM IN THE HOLY EUCHARIST IN HIS ONE “KINGDOM OF GOD”.

Fourth, the “Lamb of GOD” (John 1:29, 1 Corinthians 5:7, 1 Peter 1:19) tells you in every synoptic Gospel what to EAT and DRINK during the Exodus 12:14 “forever” commanded Passover He transformed into the NEW COVENANT PASSOVER (Luke 22:19-20). Further, how the “Lamb of GOD” is needed to be consumed for ETERNAL LIFE (John 6:54). Exodus 12:3-8 with emphasis on verse 8 in the original Passover, could a Hebrew or later Jew refuse or only “symbolically” eat the lamb and have “death Passover”??? What does the “Lamb of GOD” say if you do not partake of Him in His ONE CHURCH in John 6:53 “TRULY, TRULY I SAY TO YOU, UNLESS YOU EAT THE FLESH OF THE SON OF MAN AND DRINK HIS BLOOD, YOU DO NOT HAVE LIFE IN YOU”. Still saved if rejecting the “Lamb of GOD” the way He wants to be accepted into your body in the NEW COVENANT PASSOVER (Luke 22:19-20) in HIS ONE CHURCH???

Fifth, in Leviticus 5:5-6 and throughout the Books of Leviticus and Numbers anytime “personal sin” is mentioned in the old covenant you see a Jew COULD NOT GO DIRECTLY TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS. Instead it reads “thus the PRIEST SHALL MAKE ATONEMENT FOR A MAN’S SINS, AND IT WILL BE FORGIVEN”. GOD uses certain ordained “men” to administer His forgiveness. What same “power” does Jesus Christ give to certain ordained “men” in the NEW EVERLASTING COVENANT in John 20:21-23? Jesus was fulfilling His Father’s covenant promise to have a “perpetual Priesthood” in Numbers 25:12-13 and Malachi 2:4-7, along with “forever” promises to have a Leviticus Priesthood in Exodus 29:7-9, Exodus 40:15, 1 Chronicles 23:13 and fulfills New Covenant prophecy Jeremiah 33:14-22 and the promise to take “Gentiles” as Priests in Isaiah 66:21. What if a person rejects this priesthood and GOD’s way of having “sins” forgiven??? If sins are logically retained, because of rejecting GOD’s means of forgiveness through His priesthood, then are you still saved???

I pray you consider these points. This is about TRUTH and SALVATION. Remember, Jesus Christ is the way, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE - John 14:6. If you do not seek FULL TRUTH, then do you really have JESUS and LIFE???

Short answer? Jesus prayed:

John 17:20-23
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

So, the “complete unity” of the Church was supposed to be a sign to unbelievers that Jesus was sent by the Father.

When we are divided into thousands of competing “churches” teaching conflicting and contradictory doctrines, how strong is our testimony, brother?

What did Jesus Christ create, pray for in John 17:21-23 and die for??? We only become “PERFECTLY ONE” through receiving “I in them” referring to the Holy Eucharist in His ONE CHURCH.

Examine Matthew 7:21-23. How can a “believer” and person who does “works” in Jesus Christ’s name get a response like verse 23??? It all hinges on verse 21 “NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS TO ME, ‘LORD LORD,’ SHALL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN”.

How do we enter the ONE “Kingdom of Heaven” or “Kingdom of GOD” per Jesus being “reborn” in John 3:3-5??? Jesus was fulfilling Ezekiel 36:25-27 prophecy, see this same pattern “Water (BAPTISM) and Spirit (Laying of Hands)”, entering the Early Church or earthly “Kingdom of GOD” in Acts 8:14-17, St. Paul receiving Acts 9:17 and giving in this same pattern to new converts 19:5-6.

What does the “Lamb of GOD” say is the difference between John 6:53 (Protestants) and John 6:54 (Catholics)??? Still saved if not receiving the “Lamb of GOD” in the NEW COVENANT PASSOVER???

Additionally, what does Catechism #846 say??? 1 Timothy 3:15 “the pillar and bulwark of TRUTH” states there is no salvation outside “the Church” singular.

Time to get EVANGELIZING Catholics to our fallen away brethren!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.