Why is it so hard?

Why is it so difficult to stop a certain sin? Please pray for, as I have sinned and offended God. I need to go to Confession, and I can’t wait, I want to be cleansed. The sin is so hard to stop, whenever I get overly frustrated it hits me the worst, sexual lust. Please pray for me my brothers and sisters. Please. :frowning:

Lord have mercy on your servant the Catholic.

Amen

We sin because we’re sinners.

Haven’t you heard?

Achieve true contrition immediately after each failing.

Go to Confession as soon as possible immediately after each failing - AND weekly regardless of any failings!

Say novenas to the Blessed Virgin and to St. Michael.

You will win, and one day you will marvel that you were ever held captive by such useless filth.

Say what…!

Jesus said if you love me pick up your cross and follow me. This is a cross he sent you to bear.

Do you think your the only person struggling with lust. Ever turn on the TV, go to a move, open a magazine, look at billboards, go to the beach…our culture has been totally sexualilzed.

Do you really think that a priest hasn’t heard your story before??? You need to realize that your in a spritual battle. You need to pray and you need to go to confession at least once per month…that is the remedy I’ve used personally and can testify that it works.

If you struggle with purity…try the following. At the first sign of temptation,

Jesus, Lover of chastity, Mary, Mother most pure, and Joesph, chaste guardian of the Virgin, to you I come at this hour, begging you to plead with God for me. I earnestly wish to be pure in thought, word and deed in imitation of Your own Holy Purity. Obtain for me, then a deep sense of modesty which will be reflected in my external conduct. Protect my eyes, the windows of my soul, from anything that might dim the luster of a heart that must mirror only Christ like purity. And when the “Bread of Angels becomes the Bread of me” in my heart at Holy Communion, seal it forever against the suggestions of sinful pleasures.

You gotta fight the fight. When you fight your going to get knocked down…you need to get up and keep fighting…don’t give up.

God Bless, you are in my prayers.

Iowa Mike

Lol, you made me laugh at least. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks. I feel like you kind of scolded me, and I’m glad. i need that :slight_smile: Makes me feel loved and not tossed away, forever to be denied by God. Because a lot of the times, after I sin like that, I hear a whisper in my mind saying “God hates you, you sin too much, it’s evident you love Him not, so neither does He love you.”

If I commit a mortal sin I (usually) go to Confession before the following Mass. Otherwise I don’t partake in the Eucharist. And that also saddens my heart. Though I am not in despair now, so thanks my brother.:hug1:

I’m in no position to scold anybody…I was simply trying to let you know that you are not alone!

God Bless,

Iowa Mike

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.