Why is it that Father Amorph is unable to get Satan out of the Vatican?

Would it be possible if a group of exorcists work together? I am surprised that he can endure all the Masses that are given at the Vatican.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/7416458/Chief-exorcist-says-Devil-is-in-Vatican.html

I also wonder how was it that Satan was 'enthroned' in the Vatican in 1963. Who performed this ritual?

The good father is 85 years old and many of the things that he says are somewhat embarrassing. Also, to perform 70,000 exorcisms at the rate of one a day would take 191 years.

"At times he makes fun of me. But I'm a man who is happy in his work."

I guess it's better than driving a bus.

BTW, the enthronement thing is nothing but nonsense.

As I understand it, Satan couldn’t remain in the Vatican for one nanosecond longer than God permitted him to remain there.

[quote="Timothysis, post:2, topic:275528"]
The good father is 85 years old and many of the things that he says are somewhat embarrassing. Also, to perform 70,000 exorcisms at the rate of one a day would take 191 years.

"At times he makes fun of me. But I'm a man who is happy in his work."

I guess it's better than driving a bus.

BTW, the enthronement thing is nothing but nonsense.

[/quote]

Just so. That old UK newspaper article about Fr. Amorth seems to have more lives than a cat. In a similar post some months ago I noted that I have never seen any evidence that there even is such a thing as a "chief exorcist"
of the Vatican / Holy See (which Fr. Amorth is often cited as being), and also questioned the unbelievable number of exorcisms he claims to have performed. I believe Fr. Amorth was the senior exorcist of the Diocese of Rome.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/7416458/Chief-exorcist-says-Devil-is-in-Vatican.html

I think this was more Fr.Amorth speaking rashly in an interview than an actual acusation.

[quote="cornbread_r2, post:3, topic:275528"]
As I understand it, Satan couldn't remain in the Vatican for one nanosecond longer than God permitted him to remain there.

[/quote]

Sometimes God permits things to occur because no one will act on it.

Permission is not endorsement with God. Many things are permitted by God, but they are not endorsed.

I can certainly understand why Satan would be in the Vatican! The Catholic Church is his number one enemy and biggest threat. Why would he waste excess energies on institutions that are not leading a lot of people to Heaven. That is why the Church iand it's clergy are under constant attack both spiritually and physically!

Ephesians 6:12 tells us: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Bring it on Satan, Our heavenly mother Mary and Michael are waiting!

He is placing more credence than I would on the sources he cites. His first sources are visionaries and mystics whom I would be loath to trust until approved by the church or by Christ at the Resurrection. The second are the actual Demons he exorcises. Here he should know better, as Demons are lyers and the fathers of lies. The fact that they are under oath (exorkizein) by the church does not to my mind guarantee them to be truthful on matters not explicitly related to the duties of the exorcist.

It could be too that Father is bearing the battle scars of his service to the Lord. He needs our prayers.

:confused:

I do believe a lot that is attributed to Satan is not - but our own sinful ways. The Devil made me do it doesn't wash.

May God bless Father Amorph.

[quote="Daralharb, post:6, topic:275528"]
Sometimes God permits things to occur because no one will act on it.

[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean.

Permission is not endorsement with God. Many things are permitted by God, but they are not endorsed.

As I see it, God has the power to prevent anything from happening. If God then permits something good or bad to happen, that qualifies as an endorsement in my book. I'm not sure why the idea that God might endorse bad things for an eventual greater good is all that objectionable.

Unrelated to Catholic tradition - sounds more like “news.”

CLOSED

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.