Why is Jesus your King?

What is one reason you call Jesus your king?

Because in His infinite mercy which we do not deserve, He shows us love!

“Which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords” - 1 Timothy 6:15

He is my king by right of His birth (as God) and conquest (ransoming my life for His).

He is king, by virtue of the fact that he is creator of all.

Yes :). But why is he YOUR King?

What has he done in your life to prove that he is king?

That is why.

This is my response as well. I call Him king because He is king.

Precisely. It’s not like he becomes my King when I accept Him. He always is my King, regardless of whether or not I believe it.

"Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?

"Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace.

“So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.”

I’m the king of myself. I have a very small, weak, and puny kingdom.

Jesus is the King with 20,000. Although it’s not really an army of 20,000— it’s more like 20-gazillion.

How could I stand against him?

Why would I want to stand against him?

And so I do my best to be a good vassal-king… but I know perfectly well where I rank in comparison. :slight_smile:

Because he’s the one person I could trust with absolute power and know he would be totally benevolent and loving forever.

To prove that he is king? What do you mean?

Since when does Jesus have to prove himself to us? He doesn’t have to do that and it would be irreverent/ rude/ wrong for us to expect him to do so, when he already suffered horribly and died on the Cross for us.

Your comment reminded me of chapters 40-41 in Job. Copying them here would be too long, so I’ll just put the last two lines:

“41:24 There is no power upon earth that can be compared with him who was made to fear no one,
41:25 He beholdeth every high thing, he is king over all the children of pride.”

Our Lord told Pilate that He was king but not of this world. The world He is King of is the world we as Christians wish to belong to and whilst here in mortal form He is our chosen King as He will be in the next.

For all believers He is then King of all.

God created me.

I think this Bible verse will help you:

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” - Rev. 22:13

God is the great I AM, He is King because He is the Alpha and the Omega, He is who was, who is, and who is to come

I’m surprised no one could give me an authentic answer except two people.

I call Jesus King of my life because He never gives up on me.

Now. Why do YOU call him king?

I’m not looking for a theological answer here. I want to know why in your relationship with Jesus he is your King? What things in your life cause you to exclaim “Jesus is my Lord and King!”

People are trying to answer you …you just seem to be fishing for the definition you want to hear.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.