Why is Mary Crying?

Maybe you’ve seen the fundamentalist tract by this title? I have been tempted to write a Catholic version aimed at them. The gist being, “She is crying because you don’t love her and honor her as her Son does.” Do you think it is a worthy project?

I think it would be, at least to put the Catholic side of the issue out there.

anything would be better than that chick tract, go for it!

I think that you ahve a great idea!!

[quote=cestusdei]The gist being, “She is crying because you don’t love her and honor her as her Son does.” Do you think it is a worthy project?
[/quote]

A counter-tract is a good idea. Your take on it is a bad idea. It makes her sound petty. “Oh, sob! People don’t love me!”

[quote=Timidity]A counter-tract is a good idea. Your take on it is a bad idea. It makes her sound petty. “Oh, sob! People don’t love me!”
[/quote]

Maybe Mary is crying because of all the souls that are falling into Hell everyday and not doing a damn thing to avoid it.

** Lucia later revealed that as she spoke these words, Mary opened her hands and rays of light from them seemed to penetrate the earth so that they saw a terrifying vision of hell, full of demons and lost souls amidst indescribable horrors.** Source

[quote=Eireann]Maybe Mary is crying because of all the souls that are falling into Hell everyday and not doing a damn thing to avoid it.
[/quote]

A far better take on it.

I wonder, though, if it gives liegtimacy to such garbage to even give it the honor of a rebuttal.

Sometimes things are so outlandish that it is better to take the high road, and see it for what it is, and not even bother acknowledging it.

The other side of the coin is that it can look, by some, as an inaibility to answer to those charges.

Either way, I think most people see Chick for whom he really is, filled with hatred.

[quote=Timidity]A far better take on it.
[/quote]

No -I don’t think that will help much either.

While that is a better take on it, it is more of a Catholic take.
Fundamentalists would argue that they are already saved because they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and by that very nature are not going to hell.

This is a tough one. :hmmm:

I am the mother of six children who had chosen to live their lives as if God doesn’t exist. Sometimes, usually at night, I will be sitting in bed reading and all of a sudden, out of the blue, I start sobbing.

This is something I have to live with, that the darling children I taught to love God, have chosen not to do so. They don’t believe in Hell as a physical place where it is psooible to spend eternity in torment. I do, and, as a mother, my heart grieves.

Sometimes I want to retire to an enclosed order and spend the rest of my life in reparation, not only for my own children and family members, but for all God’s children who ignore and offend Him by their neglect and disintested.

Jesus shed tears and sweated blood in Gethsemene for all those who would die unrepentant. Can anyone doubt that His compassionate mother does the same, seeing all those souls who don’t care for the Sacrifice her Son endured?

[quote=Zooey]I think that you ahve a great idea!!
[/quote]

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! :thumbsup:

[quote=Eileen T]I am the mother of six children who had chosen to live their lives as if God doesn’t exist. Sometimes, usually at night, I will be sitting in bed reading and all of a sudden, out of the blue, I start sobbing.

This is something I have to live with, that the darling children I taught to love God, have chosen not to do so. They don’t believe in Hell as a physical place where it is psooible to spend eternity in torment. I do, and, as a mother, my heart grieves.

Sometimes I want to retire to an enclosed order and spend the rest of my life in reparation, not only for my own children and family members, but for all God’s children who ignore and offend Him by their neglect and disintested.

Jesus shed tears and sweated blood in Gethsemene for all those who would die unrepentant. Can anyone doubt that His compassionate mother does the same, seeing all those souls who don’t care for the Sacrifice her Son endured?
[/quote]

Don’t despair, I’m in the same situation myself with my children who don’t goto Mass like I brought them up to do so.

They will return and I pray for them everyday,and our own prayer’s can help to save not only our own children, but other sinners and ourselves.
I was reading from as yet unapproved revelations that God is very pleased with parents that pray for their wayward children, and for children that pray for their misguided parents.
So our prayer’s are not wasted, God hears the whispering sigh of your heart, so don’t despair.

Sorry Father Cestusdei for hi-jaking your thread, but I was moved to answer this lady.

[quote=cestusdei]Maybe you’ve seen the fundamentalist tract by this title? I have been tempted to write a Catholic version aimed at them. The gist being, “She is crying because you don’t love her and honor her as her Son does.” Do you think it is a worthy project?
[/quote]

sounds like a plan
well, hiya cest, missed you, how are you?

Just cruising along. Reading a lot, going to class, doing papers. I forgot what a pain papers were. Eventually I have to do a dissertation. I am paying for my sins.

So, Father,

When are you getting the mitre? We’ll move to your diocese as my Bishop is fully embroiled in the scandal right now. (Joliet, Bishop Imesch).

By the way, you are missed by the small remnant of faithful left at the other place.

I heard about that. Naw, I am to outspoken to be a bishop. Your diocese seems to be in the news a lot. Nowadays that just isn’t good.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.