Why is Masonry evil?

Simple question.

Freemasonry?

Yes, that’s what I meant.

check me as I’ talking about worldwide freemasons…and for some reason american ones are different…

I believe that in osm eof their ceremonies they have to pledge themselves to their cause… so instead of serving christ they choose a different path and this is why the church does not welcome them.

Strangely there were a lot of masons at an anglican church i used to go to…i could never understand why they would want to be there or why the church let them stay when they have loyalties elsewhere.

S

Phew – I was worried he meant bricklaying!

:wink:

Peace,
Dante

They dont pray in Jesus’ name. The list is too long to get into here.
One can not be a Catholic and involved in it. To do so would be doing so in direct defiance to the Church.

Go to the search feature here and type in masons, freemasonry, ect.

You will see its been covered.

“Despite the Church’s clear rejection of Freemasonry, Catholics are falsely told that they can join the Lodge without compromising their faith. The evidence shows that Freemasonry is itself a religion, although Masons will deny that this is so. The “New Catholic Encyclopedia” states that “Freemasonry displays all the elements of religion, and as such it becomes a rival to the religion of the Gospel. It includes temples and altars, prayers, a moral code, worship, vestments, feast days, the promise of reward and punishment in the afterlife, a hierarchy, and initiative and burial rites” (vol. 6, page 137).”

staycatholic.com/freemasons.htm

Freemasonry and the Catholic Church are totally incompatible. You cannot be a Catholic and a Freemason. That is a grave sin.

See Pope Leo XIII’s encyclical Humanum Genus on Freemasonry. It remains valid.

papalencyclicals.net/Leo13/l13human.htm

From the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith headed by Cardinal Ratzinger:

vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_19850223_declaration-masonic_articolo_en.html

My philosophy teacher said it looks good at first but as you move up the rank in freemasonry you get involved with people like KKK and the ultimate goal of freemasonry is to kill the Pope. Basically the antichrist?

she is a very well educated Franciscan.

:eek:

I never heard such a thing before!

I hope she is wrong.:frowning:

There’s a lot of rumors and conspiracy theories about them that say they worship Satan, want to kill the pope, etc. Regardless of whether or not these are true, Freemasonry is bad. The whole point of their group was to undermine Catholic society was based on the whole Truth and to instill a civil society based solely on natural reason. Religion is fine with them as long as everyone just keeps it as a private activity. They are essentially naturalists/rationalists, Liberals (the specific kind condemned by Popes like Gregory XVI, Bl. Pius IX, Leo XIII, and others) and religious indifferentists. All these ideas are anti-Catholic. As Catholics, of course, we are to live our entire lives–public and private–according to our faith which we believe to be the one completely true faith. Governments must also govern in a way consonant with the rule of the King of kings in order to achieve a truly just society.

Freemasons are rather unusual amongst religious groups in that they will accept practisng Catholics as members. Therefore the Church has to make a special ruling on them, which as it happens is that membership in a Masonic lodge is not compatible with membership of the Church. There are reasons for this, but essentially their status is no different from most non-Catholic religions - they disagree with us on some essentials, whithout necessarily beign diametrically opposed.

Some of the essentials they disagree with Catholics are:

1.) To destroy all authority that comes from God, and all revealed religion.

2.) The secret oath of obedience, taken as it is without any reserve, is absolutely unlawful, and the symbolism of many of many of its lodges is grossly blasphemous and insulting to Christianity.

3.) Freemasons may outwardly live good lives, but are cut off from the Church.

4.) Freemasons bind themselves by oath not to express any desire to receive the last sacraments on their deathbed. They will not allow a priest to approach them when they are on their death-bed. “They stop their ears, not to hear, and make their heart as the adamant stone” (Zach. 7:11). They persist of set purpose in impenitence.

5.) It has been said that Freemasons have sometimes obtained consecrated Hosts, which they subjected to horrible profanation. Such conduct is simply satanic.

Pope Noah I

Why is Masonry evil?
Simple question.

I don’t like your handle.

I can live with freemasonry. I cannot live with someone calling themselves ‘Pope’!

Ah,… glad you cleared that up before I went into my usual multi-post screed against the evils of terracotta.

Thanks. I’m rather relieved.

Tomster posted:

The secret oath of obedience, taken as it is without any reserve, is absolutely unlawful, and the symbolism of many of many of its lodges is grossly blasphemous and insulting to Christianity…

I agee, who the hell are freemasons to have images on the walls of Lodges which represent God the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit? Who are they to profess belief in and sing hymns to Almighty God? Far better they professed belief in and sang hymns to athiesm!

Freemasons may outwardly live good lives, but are cut off from the Church.

Yes of course, just because a lot of freemasons go to Church, does not mean they are loved by God or valued as human beings by either God or their Church.

Freemasons bind themselves by oath not to express any desire to receive the last sacraments on their deathbed. They persist of set purpose in impenitence.

I agree, just because they go to confession does not mean they are sincere. They are just clever in hoodwinking the priest into thinking they are sincere!

Just because they kneel down by the side of their bed every night before going to bed to examine conscience, confess and say ‘sorry’, does not mean they are sincere. They may be doing it because they have nothing better to do and kneeling is good for the knees

They will not allow a priest to approach them when they are on their death-bed. “They stop their ears, not to hear, and make their heart as the adamant stone” (Zach. 7:11). They persist of set purpose in impenitence.

5.) **It has been said that **Freemasons have sometimes obtained consecrated Hosts, which they subjected to horrible profanation.

Please quote your source. It is not allowed to cast aspersions without proof. Please quote so that I may read and then pass on what you have said!

Most freemasons do in lodge what freemasons do. Much the same as golfers do on the golf course what golfers do. They are not in the remotest bit interested in obtaining Hosts, or anything else not connected with the business of the Lodge.

It is absolutely forbidden in freemasonry to ridicule a man’s belief or faith in God.

It never fails to amaze me how much prejudice is in the world. 500-years ago, it was witches. Today it is Muslims and freemasons.

I guess there is that basic need within man to persecute, dehumanise, ridicule, lie and slander in order that man may stand shoulder to shoulder with man and say: we hated and we killed in the name of God and didn’t we do well!

I say: speak only the truth, do no harm to anyone, ‘live and let live’! :slight_smile:
i

Masons (New Advent)

The Masons, these days, in America anyway, are a rapidly failing tree-house club for REALLY old men, of an organization.

They’re basically a “universalist-oid” pre-newage newage group, with funny hats.

Not that Catholics don’t have a few “funny hats”, mind you, but the Masonic hats are REALLY funny,… and meant to be that way.

I prefer the depth of the Church (Catholic) over the silliness of the Masons. Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

Mahalo ke Akua…!
E pili mau na pomaikai iaoe. Aloha nui.

4.) Freemasons bind themselves by oath not to express any desire to receive the last sacraments on their deathbed. They will not allow a priest to approach them when they are on their death-bed. “They stop their ears, not to hear, and make their heart as the adamant stone” (Zach. 7:11). They persist of set purpose in impenitence.

Might we have the source of this particular tid-bit? Not a standard charge, and something I am unfamilliar with, as it does not exist in the Blue Lodge, nor either the Scottish Rite or York Rite. Not even the Shriners have such a requirement, which, btw, is itself against the ethos of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry is absolutely forbidden to Catholics, such is clear for any who wish to research it from Church sources. However, as always, there is no need to repeat invented material; what actually exists, and is proudly proclaimed by masons, is sufficient enough.

The cheif reason Masons “persist of set purpose in impenitence” is that Masonry itself demands the free practice of an individual in whatever religion they choose without any restriction (all the while instilling the concept that all religion is a man-made phenomena, and revelation non-existent in the historical sense). Like in many things these days, they are simply following their mis-formed “consience”. No need to repent of an “error” which their enlightened mind tells them is no error, and that those who oppose their opinion are simply “behind the times” or otherwise superstitious ignorants (sound familliar?)

At any rate, the very philosophy which garners the condemnation of the Church is the same philosophy which would itself condemn the supposed oath mentioned above.

Thus, why I’d, personally, like to know where the “quotation” comes from :slight_smile:

I prefer the depth of the Church (Catholic) over the silliness of the Masons. Just my opinio

:thumbsup:

Substitute ‘freemason’ with ‘golfer’, ‘baseball’ or ‘basket ball’:

one of the essentials they disagree with Catholics are:

1.) To destroy all authority that comes from God, and all revealed religion.

2.) The secret oath of obedience, taken as it is without any reserve, is absolutely unlawful, and the symbolism of many of many of its teams is grossly blasphemous and insulting to Christianity.

3.) Golfers baseball and basket ball may outwardly live good lives, but are cut off from the Church.

4.) Golfers baseball and basketball bind themselves by oath not to express any desire to receive the last sacraments on their deathbed. They will not allow a priest to approach them when they are on their death-bed. “They stop their ears, not to hear, and make their heart as the adamant stone” (Zach. 7:11). They persist of set purpose in impenitence.

5.) It has been said that sportspeople have sometimes obtained consecrated Hosts, which they subjected to horrible profanation. Such conduct of trying to score goals and put balls in holes is simply satanic.

I think his Holiness should speak to the world and ban golf, basketball and baseball as intrinsically evil :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.